• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singaporean in Australia - Yet another Story

tua lam pah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually they should thank the Singapore gahment. They are far-sighted and know that many Singaporeans have the tendency to risk or squander off their own lifesaving because they are greedy and always thinking of making more money, or lavishing on spendings like MPVs, IT gadgets, big TVs, better sofa, or long overseas holiday, or support "girlfriends" from Thailand to Indonesia to the Philippines etc - and then when broke or jobless, seek help from gahment.

As any kid will tell you, the gahment must get their money from somewhere to help these poor fellows. So other more prudent and hardworking people have to pay more personal income tax, more value-added tax or GST to support these people. Europe is now facing problems with money because they just cannot keep up with the increasingly welfare state expenditure.

So the gahment came up with the brilliant idea of CPF - which can be used to pay for your child education, buy your home or life and medical insurance. Isn't this better?

Malaysia of course copycat the idea in 1991 and they call it EPF. In Bahasa Melayu it is called Kumpulan Wang Simpanan Pekerja - KWSP). But EPF sounds better - and if English soccer were popular at that time, they might even call it EPL!).

you conveniently omit the part where the Gahment change the withdrawal age from 55 to 62 to god knows when, eh??

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, its Diana Koh. She followed her hsuband to set up an Ostrich Farm as well. Diana was the producers favourite and they paid for her tertiary education.

Thanks

Remember to drink "Refresh" bottled water. :biggrin:
I am sure you know about that one.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi brother Scroobal, I need help from you. I am thinking of getting myself qualified as an electrician in Singapore first before I make the move over to NZ or OZ. I had wanted to go and study to be an electician in OZ at TAFE but surprisingly, they do not offer this course to international students. They do offer other high demand courses such as carpentry, locksmith and bricklaying though. I have do some research and found an higher nitec in electrical engineering course at ITE. Can you help me ask your friend whether these modules are are useful with the to get qualified as a tradesperson?

Thank you in advance.

http://www.ite.edu.sg/wps/portal/!u...9nQSEh/?pcid=2c1689804445dcf18adbbbf372c2c2fd

Surprised that locksmiths are considered high demand.

I am not surprised that TAFE are no longer serving International students after the Indians/Chinese/Koreans spoil the TAFE image.

Take a look at this
[h=1]Trades Recognition Australia[/h]http://www.deewr.gov.au/Skills/Programs/SkillsAssess/TRA/Pages/default.aspx

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Surprised that locksmiths are considered high demand.

I am not surprised that TAFE are no longer serving International students after the Indians/Chinese/Koreans spoil the TAFE image.

Take a look at this
[h=1]Trades Recognition Australia[/h]http://www.deewr.gov.au/Skills/Programs/SkillsAssess/TRA/Pages/default.aspx

Hi bro, their locksmith is high class one. Initially I thought only need to know how to duplicate keys can be locksmith already, but when I see their course modules, I was surprised at the things being taught. I read through so many states TAFE and realized that WA TAFE is the most approachable to international students now. At their website, they also stressed that the cert III in carpentry, bricklaying and tiles laying are in high demand list now. The rest of the courses did not mention such demand.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi bro, their locksmith is high class one. Initially I thought only need to know how to duplicate keys can be locksmith already, but when I see their course modules, I was surprised at the things being taught. I read through so many states TAFE and realized that WA TAFE is the most approachable to international students now. At their website, they also stressed that the cert III in carpentry, bricklaying and tiles laying are in high demand list now. The rest of the courses did not mention such demand.

My advice when checking with these people is to take the words from these people with a pinch of salt. It may be worth seeking a second opinion.
It has became a habit for me to look for a "Yes" when people tell me "No". Perth people getting too lazy.

http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-...a-door-to-migrant-workers-20110719-1hmbh.html

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
My advice when checking with these people is to take the words from these people with a pinch of salt. It may be worth seeking a second opinion.
It has became a habit for me to look for a "Yes" when people tell me "No". Perth people getting too lazy.

http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-...a-door-to-migrant-workers-20110719-1hmbh.html

Sam and Scroobal had adviced me to stop thinking so much, just go there and look for a job like those Indians/PRCs who cannot even speak a word of English. However, I am not sure without a skill, how is my chance going to be. Hence, I have been looking at courses to upgrade myself so that I can have a skill to survive there, get a job and permanent residence. Its surprising that Singapore has so limited skill courses.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporean skill courses are based on higher academic achievements. Everyone needs to get a university degree.

Sam and Scroobal had adviced me to stop thinking so much, just go there and look for a job like those Indians/PRCs who cannot even speak a word of English. However, I am not sure without a skill, how is my chance going to be. Hence, I have been looking at courses to upgrade myself so that I can have a skill to survive there, get a job and permanent residence. Its surprising that Singapore has so limited skill courses.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Should be "Sam and Scroobal had ADVISED me to stop thinking so much....".

There is no such word as "adviced".

That was to draw you out :biggrin:

But seriously boss, previously you said to me, those Indians/PRCS that can barely speak any English, all tried ways and means to stay in NZ and many succeeded. I forgot to ask you, do they have any skills on the SOL list? Or are they just like me, no money, no skill?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
That was to draw you out :biggrin:

But seriously boss, previously you said to me, those Indians/PRCS that can barely speak any English, all tried ways and means to stay in NZ and many succeeded. I forgot to ask you, do they have any skills on the SOL list? Or are they just like me, no money, no skill?

I don't know what the list contains but I do know that there a whole host of ah beng laborers and Indian dairy owners, taxi drivers etc who have gained residency over the years usually from a combination of hard work, perseverance, a bit of cheating and a supportive employer.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I don't know what the list contains but I do know that there a whole host of ah beng laborers and Indian dairy owners, taxi drivers etc who have gained residency over the years usually from a combination of hard work, perseverance, a bit of cheating and a supportive employer.

Thank you :biggrin:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Come to think of it.
No harm taking a plunge. I can write that now because I understand how this place works.

I have to remind myself of my over-planning when I migrate. Thinking back 80% of my plan would not have work anyway because Australia expect less of us. I did not even show my PSLE, GCE cert, etc to any employer when seeking employment. My Singapore employer letters remain untouched - they did not want to know.

Some people who think/plan of using the study route to come to Australia end up not going to the univ or TAFE after all. Singaporeans are typically over-educated.
There is no need to plan excessively
It is quite typical for the average blokes here not to go to univ (they get teased by classmates if they head off to univ). Even if they go univ, they work part-time to support their studies.

I think Singapore culture overemphasize on education.

Last edited:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Come to think of it.
No harm taking a plunge. I can write that now because I understand how this place works.

I have to remind myself of my over-planning when I migrate. Thinking back 80% of my plan would not have work anyway because Australia expect less of us. I did not even show my PSLE, GCE cert, etc to any employer when seeking employment. My Singapore employer letters remain untouched - they did not want to know.

Some people who think/plan of using the study route to come to Australia end up not going to the univ or TAFE after all. Singaporeans are typically over-educated.
There is no need to plan excessively
It is quite typical for the average blokes here not to go to univ (they get teased by classmates if they head off to univ). Even if they go univ, they work part-time to support their studies.

I think Singapore culture overemphasize on education.

Thanks brother. Your comment is so much useful than reading through so many different websites. Can I put it in this way, I should just get enough money, go OZ or NZ and starts looking through the newspapers and go for job interviews? Is this correct? Honestly, if I were to be able to get a state sponsored apprenticeship course like Scroobal's friend, I would grabbed it straight away. But unfortunately, that is only for PRs and citizens.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks brother. Your comment is so much useful than reading through so many different websites. Can I put it in this way, I should just get enough money, go OZ or NZ and starts looking through the newspapers and go for job interviews? Is this correct? Honestly, if I were to be able to get a state sponsored apprenticeship course like Scroobal's friend, I would grabbed it straight away. But unfortunately, that is only for PRs and citizens.

Don't try to come here or go NZ illegally.
Try the website given by Sam.
or have you tried the oz.

Have you tried the visa wizard http://www.immi.gov.au/visawizard/

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Useless people competing with useless people over useless things. Lol, just about sums up their pathetic lives.

Hey, I used to think this way too.. but then i realised..

If Australians have to work 8hrs per day to achieve similar or more income than Singaporeans (with 10-12hrs of work), what the hell are they doing to work like a dog ?

In Australia, we go for quality output, on contrary you guys chase for cheaper, goodder and faster.. Shame on you :wink:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, thank you.. :smile:

Nice story. It's humbling successes like these that show the best in the resilient human spirit.

At least not like the axe168 modus operandi where he tries brag with his bad metaphors and broken english and yet comes across as a shady liar.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Same, same in Canada. I worked at a summer youth camp at a Canadian University & met alot of kids. When I asked them if they intended to go to the Uni, majority said no.

In Canada blue collar workers can make just as much if not more than white collar workers. You save alot by going to a technical institute(poly).

When you think about all the years people waste in Spore before going to work it is really amazing: primary school, secondary school, junior college, NS & University. Don't forget the calls to "upgrade" :rolleyes:

The PAP has robbed people of their youth:eek:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Don't try to come here or go NZ illegally.
Try the website given by Sam.
or have you tried the oz.

Have you tried the visa wizard http://www.immi.gov.au/visawizard/

I have tried the immigration website given by you before and I don't qualify under any visa. Thats why I have been very upfront and honest and told Sam that I am not qualified. His advice and Scroobal is the same. Don't plan too much. Get your ass over here and start looking for a job, then progress to PR like what many PRC and Indians are doing.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have tried the immigration website given by you before and I don't qualify under any visa. Thats why I have been very upfront and honest and told Sam that I am not qualified. His advice and Scroobal is the same. Don't plan too much. Get your ass over here and start looking for a job, then progress to PR like what many PRC and Indians are doing.

Have you tried NZ? OZ have tightened the visas and up the fees.

I have not kept myself updated, you have to check with a certified migrant agent.
But if you insist in OZ, the visa of last resort is in Business. The catch is that it must employ x number of people or have x profit.