• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore Teen Mums: Raising 3 Kids Who Have Different Fathers

EunoiaJAYCEE

Alfrescian
Loyal
A Singapore Teen Mum’s Story

When kids ask Caden who his father is, he blurts the name of the first father figure which comes to mind. Often, they are his grandpas or uncles who have filled the shoes of his biological dad since he was born.

But to Caden, a complete family is bounded by love, not by blood. He says ‘dad’ is a person who “protects and cares” because the 10-year-old was brought up to do so for others.

In his traditional Chinese home, he cooks ‘typical grandma’ porridge when his mother falls ill, saves pocket money to buy sweets for his 6-year-old brother, Caius, and kisses goodbye to his 8-month-old baby sister, Alessa, before he leaves for school.

When Caden tells me he wants to be a policeman, I ask, “What if someone hurts your mummy?”

“I will take katana chop them!” he assures with a grim face, then laughs and kick-scoots away with Caius, as Alessa eyeballs them silently.

I then watch them spend the next few minutes harassing their mother, Joyce, with incessant questions while I relish every ounce of singlehood.

With no sign of weariness, she entertains their banter about Youtube followers for 10 minutes and nags at them to remain silent on set for the next 20.

“Being a young mum is good because you have the energy to entertain them,” she jokes.

But for the 30-year-old mother of three who has soldiered on through abusive relationships, staying upbeat is a matter of will, not luck.

As an old friend of hers, I’ve seen her pick herself up time after time again. And by sharing her story, she hopes other young mums may draw strength from their struggles.

57IMSGl.png

Discovering her pregnancy

Joyce: My first taste of motherhood was bitter. I was 18 and studying in a polytechnic when I discovered I was pregnant. Due to my irregular periods and lack of symptoms, I only took a pregnancy test at the four-month mark.

The kit showed a faint ‘positive’ line, so I went to the gynaecologist with one of my girlfriends to confirm the baby. I remember her crying in the car park while I remained calm, yet scared.

How could I afford milk powder and school fees? How could I party like normal 18-year-olds do? What would people think? I was still a child myself.

But when I heard Caden’s heartbeat, I knew abortion was not an option. Not even when I texted my ex-boyfriend (Caden’s father), “Hey I’m pregnant” and he replied, “My mum ask you to abort the baby”.

More at https://www.domainofexperts.com/2018/05/singapore-teen-mums-raising-3-kids-who.html

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
If you had asked me "guess the race" I would have said "Malay" but sadly the Chinese are catching up fast when it comes to opening their legs to anyone with a dick.