• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore not a global society or not high tech enough

american

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is 11:55am Pacific Time and the IRAS site is down for maintenance. The other day was the Elections Department website down for maintenance.

This brings two questions:

1. The Singapore government has always try to portray Singapore as a global society. Global means all over the world. And you can't access their services during lunch time!

2. Why does IRAS or any other goverment department need to bring down their server twice a week for maintenance? Their IT engineers don't know how to run 24/7 servers? Do you see Amazon ever take their server down for maintenance? Even Sammyboy don't take their server down for maintenance.

a9O89pc.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
since sg's i.t. departments are dominated by ceca nehs, they are run like the cable cabal and "open" data center concept in shitdia.
1599593477446.png

1599593405823.png

1599593539381.png

1599593569434.png

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
It is 11:55am Pacific Time and the IRAS site is down for maintenance. The other day was the Elections Department website down for maintenance.

This brings two questions:

1. The Singapore government has always try to portray Singapore as a global society. Global means all over the world. And you can't access their services during lunch time!

2. Why does IRAS or any other goverment department need to bring down their server twice a week for maintenance? Their IT engineers don't know how to run 24/7 servers? Do you see Amazon ever take their server down for maintenance? Even Sammyboy don't take their server down for maintenance.

a9O89pc.jpg

Actually the sammyboy server is down for maintenance periodically we have managed to find ways to do it with the minimum of downtime... ie minutes rather than hours.

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
To solve this, change of government is the best, cos the present batch are leeches, look at how they cock up covid 19 handling , jobs losses, jobs to forrigners n PRs , etc , this is mishandling end up losing is the citizen, thst besr sll these,

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Get rid of the Lees just like how the Taiwanese got rid of the Chiangs, and Sinkieland will prosper. Trust me on this.

You already got a sneak preview of this by comparing how both countries dealt with the pandemic. Which one is the real gold standard? :cool:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get rid of the Lees just like how the Taiwanese got rid of the Chiangs, and Sinkieland will prosper. Trust me on this.

You already got a sneak preview of this by comparing how both countries dealt with the pandemic. Which one is the real gold standard? :cool:
Tbats why you need a malay president. Its a big first step. After that, lees, chiangs, yeoh' s, Kim's will be barred as PM.

knnb40

Alfrescian
Loyal
before 2005 I only work in Singapore and I take in all the "news" release by the Singapore press.
Singapore world class port, airport, wafer fab, IT bla bla bla....
when I start business travel and leisure travel into China back in 2005, sometime stayed for 20-over days with local (not in hotel), go to their wet market, eat by their street side F&B....I realised Singapore are full or bullshit from the million dollars MIW and their "News Press releases"

I would urge all young Singaporean to spend more time out of Singapore and hear, see, feel other nations (even Vietnam and bangkok would be good enough) it will benefit you no matter you are a blue-collar, a hawker, a business man, a politician or a house wife).
Even if you are there for Disco or hanky panky activities, you will see that they have innovation and strategy our Singapore environment will never offer.
in Singapore, you no longer able to street wise, go to other nation and spend sometime there and you will be very street wise.