• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore National Football Coach Has Resigned

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

S'pore National Football Coach Tatsuma Yoshida Ends Contract Early To Return To Japan​

Reason given was for "very very very personal, to be with his 2 daughters and wife". What a load of crap? Must have been poached by another Japanese football team, otherwise who's paying the penalty for his premature contract termination.

SINGAPORE — Days after the Lions were eliminated from the AFF Suzuki Cup on Saturday (Dec 25), the Football Association of Singapore (FAS) announced that national team head coach Tatsuma Yoshida will end his contract early to head home to Japan to be with his family.

In a press release on Tuesday, the FAS said that Yoshida, 47, will be leaving the organisation on Dec 31 by "mutual agreement", more than two years after he was appointed to the position in June 2019. The contract had an extra year to run.

On Saturday at the National Stadium, the Lions suffered a 4-2 loss to Indonesia in the second leg of their semi-final of the Suzuki Cup, meaning their opponents achieved a 5-3 aggregate victory.

It was the first time since 2012, when they last lifted the Suzuki Cup, that the Lions reached the semi-final of the biennial regional tournament.

The FAS said that it will commence with the search for a permanent replacement for Yoshida in January so that preparations can commence for the Lions’ third and final round of qualification for the Asian Football Confederation Asian Cup China 2023 scheduled to take place in June 2022.

“This was not an easy decision for me to arrive to and a part of me wishes that I did not have to make it at all. The last two years have not been easy for me and my family given the travel restrictions that were in place as a result of the pandemic,” Yoshida said.

“Even though I will be returning to my family in Japan, I leave behind my second ‘family’ here with an extremely heavy heart. I have always trusted and had full confidence in these players, my boys, and I know they have the potential to be among the region’s best as long as they continue to believe in themselves.”

Last month, the FAS announced that its technical director, Mr Joseph Palatsides, would be leaving at the end of the year owing to health and personal reasons related to Covid-19.

Source: https://www.todayonline.com/singapo...hida-ends-contract-early-return-japan-1780081

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Everybody is saying all the right things about how good he was etc.
Please lah - he was a reject from a SG club before that.
No job. FAS needed to fill urgent gap - and viola, got instant coach.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
FAS managed by too many Govt Idiots who are there to make a name for emself, know nuts abt running a successful Team x Soccer. Likewise, in Horse Racing you find bigger Idiots who knows next to nothing abt Horses yet appointed to managed the Club. Both sports involve betting/gambling.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
FAS managed by too many Govt Idiots who are there to make a name for emself, know nuts abt running a successful Team x Soccer. Likewise, in Horse Racing you find bigger Idiots who knows next to nothing abt Horses yet appointed to managed the Club. Both sports involve betting/gambling.

Sounds exactly like the situation in China. 外行 telling the 内行 what to do. Even Marcelo Lippi quitted in disgust. :biggrin:

Totalitarian shitholes, birds of a feather. But at least for Sinkieland, it can always use the ready-made excuse of having a small population to explain away the lack of success. :cool:

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore's sports scene is in a mess.

Sports Singapore people are just parachuted from army, knows nothing about their job, no passion, only busy having affairs.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore's sports scene is in a mess.

Sports Singapore people are just parachuted from army, knows nothing about their job, no passion, only busy having affairs.

Passion cannot be bought. This is something the PAP technocrats can never understand.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sounds exactly like the situation in China. 外行 telling the 内行 what to do. Even Marcelo Lippi quitted in disgust. :biggrin:

Totalitarian shitholes, birds of a feather. But at least for Sinkieland, it can always use the ready-made excuse of having a small population to explain away the lack of success. :cool:
More like wat has happened in the USSR...and wat is happening in ChiCons land...just tat despite criticisms of the ChiCon totalitarian system n attitude... ChiCons have done well n is even fucked the USA...so Singkieland with its softer form...can tahan even longer. They hide the fuckups to prove their incompetence n things get worst... minimal accountability..And yet...the system goes on...for how long more...? Just my rant...

Last edited:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
FAS and Fandi probably has some history of fiction between them.
He is the most iconic footballer of our generation.
If the pap is serious about singkieland developing local talent n to to b a soccer power house..they should give fandi the opportunity n if he fucks up... fandi will no longer be the hero of many.