• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Singapore] - Man slashed by robber with knife at Tanglin Halt felt upset that Singaporean bystanders “did nothing to help”

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
tanglin-halt-robbery.png

A 58-year-old man was recently arrested for his suspected involvement in a case of armed robbery.

On Oct. 13, the suspect slashed another man with a fruit knife near Tanglin Halt Road, and managed to get away with the victim’s mobile phone as well.

The suspect was arrested on the same day and was subsequently charged in court two days after the incident.

However, a Facebook post which surfaced recently revealed more details of what had happened that evening.

Victim of robbery was bleeding profusely from hand

One Kyle Huang Junyuan shared that he was with a group of friends at Tanglin Halt Market on the evening of Oct. 13.

They then spotted a blood trail leading to the hawker centre’s toilet, and the trail appeared fresh.

Following it, they came across a middle-aged looking man holding a few bags of groceries and “bleeding profusely” from the hand.

According to Huang, the injury “didn’t look life-threatening but the bleeding didn’t seem like it was going to stop any time soon.”

72416682_10162290210010501_2220559415575052288_o.jpg

Photo from Kyle Huang Junyuan / FB

The group asked if he was alright, and the man shared that he was having some drinks at the hawker centre, when he was robbed and slashed by the suspect.

Huang apparently called for an ambulance, and continued to question him.

“It was a gruesome sight as I saw blood continue to drip off his hand and I felt really sorry. But what he said after made my heart sank.”
The man appeared torn up by the incident, and apparently started crying when he revealed to Huang and his friends that despite having many onlookers at the scene, nobody stepped forward to come to his aid.

“The people who witnessed this incident just stood by and did nothing to help. He cried as he questioned us why nobody helped him.”

Read his Facebook post here:

“Earlier this evening, my friends and I saw a blood trail leading to the toilet at a hawker centre. It looked fresh and we just stared at each other in shock.
We saw this man bleeding profusely from his hand while holding a few bags of groceries. It didn’t look life-threatening but the bleeding didn’t seem like it was going to stop any time soon. Upon asking if he was okay, he explained that he was just robbed and cut by another man wielding a penknife. He told us he was having some drinks at the hawker centre when it happened. We immediately asked him if he felt okay and whether we should call for help. But we just called for the ambulance anyway.

It was a gruesome sight as I saw blood continue to drip off his hand and I felt really sorry. But what he said after made my heart sank. The people who witnessed this incident just stood by and did nothing to help. He cried as he questioned us why nobody helped him. Take a moment to think about what would you have done if you witnessed this incident.

This man was in his late 40s. I hope that we can all be a little more proactive in helping people in need. The assailant was described by the victim to be a Chinese male, around 40 years old, wearing a white t-shirt that had the PSA logo on it. This incident happened around 10 pm on 13 October 2019 at Tanglin Halt Market. If anyone has any information, please contact the police.”

https://mothership.sg/2019/10/tanglin-halt-robbery-victim/

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Where is that " low crime, doesn't mean no crime"?? & they 'breed, you bleed"... ha ha ha ha

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No one would risk life and limb to help a stranger.

It would be very fun if a similar scenario happened in a US state which legalized concealed carry of firearms.