• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore f1 world first night grandprix claimed it's first two victims.

blythec

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore very own F1 wannabes bites the dust!!

CAR snapped into two after it slammed into a tree in Guillemard Road late on Thursday night, killing two best friends who were in it.
The impact tore the bark off the tree and lodged the back half of the red Subaru WRX against another tree, while its front sat 3m away on the sidewalk.

The car engine also burst into flames but the fire was put out by the Singapore Civil Defence Force in five minutes.

The driver, Mr Kerk Teck Guan, and his passenger, Mr Ng Wei Liang, suffered multiple injuries and both died 1 1/2 hours later in hospital.

The accident happened between Lorongs 12 and 14 in Geylang, before the horrified eyes of their friends who were in two other cars behind them. The crash also drew a large crowd to the scene.

The group of friends had gone to Geylang for supper earlier that night.

The dead men were both 26 and had been friends for more than 14 years.

Mr Ng, a sales executive at Courts, owned a car of the same model which had been involved in an accident along the Pan-Island Expressway three weeks ago. The car is now in the workshop.

He was lucky not to have been hurt then, when the car spun, said his grieving widow Angeline Ang, 26, last night. The couple were married for five years and have a five-year-old daughter.

She said his friends told her Mr Kerk had swerved to avoid hitting a cyclist.

The men were car buffs who enjoyed modifying their vehicles, sometimes to her disapproval, she said.

She last saw her husband before he left for work on Thursday morning.

Shortly before midnight, she received a call to tell her about the accident from a friend who was at the scene. 'I thought he was joking. But when I couldn't get through to Wei Liang's mobile phone, I knew something bad had happened.'

Yesterday, a group of four brightly coloured Subaru WRX cars made its way from Mr Kerk's wake in Choa Chu Kang to Mr Ng's, a few streets away.

Mr Kerk's distraught mother wept uncontrollably. Two of his friends said Mr Kerk was very close to his parents and younger sister, and still lived with them despite getting married last year.

A colleague said of the Komoco Motors salesman: 'He was very hardworking and our sales team is very close. We're very sad to have lost such a good man.'

Mr Ng's widow, Madam Ang, wishes things had gone differently that night. Though she does not blame Mr Kerk, she said: 'If he hadn't gone out with them, this wouldn't have happened.'

[email protected]

[email protected]

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
The cyclists cycling along Geylang need to be more road-educated on awareness.

However, speeding should also be refrained. It is an unfortunate incident and I believed the driver must have been speeding, if not, the car would not have suffered such a big impact if just to avoid the cyclist.

Let this be a big reminder to their friends who are driving WRX or even other makes. Don't speed.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
life is touch and ago. why worry so much and sweat the small stuff fighting over crumbs and killing over petty things.everyday people die.everyday people kena cheated,kena conned,kena ripped off,kena slapped,kena fined,kena sued,kena murdered,kena sacked,kena jobless,kena farted....so another kena also lidat....you never know when it's your turn..

so? come down to hv and have a tiger on me! cheers!

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
the family keep saying they did not speed... what a JOKE :smile:)

Its very obvious isn't it that they sped. Hot blooded males on a night out and driving WRXs with mild experiences on the road.

The wreck already says it all ! And the family is still in denial mode.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
the family keep saying they did not speed... what a JOKE :smile:)

If you drive around you realised most or all WRX driver are very arrogant and they will just zap around like nobody business, why? their cars are very fast and yours so slow..zap....if the WRX can break into 2 pieces its mean they have been driving very fast or the WRX must a very lousy car drive so slow also broke in 2 ??? Most youngster today want to drive like Hamilton!! F1...inspiration
:eek:

williamsF1

Alfrescian
Loyal
not that i'm heartless or no sympathy, but sometimes its meant to be. especially for these fellas who think they can handle their engines.

sg roads r too tight for proper racing, the traffic juntions too near for speeding. these fellas chose of all roads to speed down guillemard rd, which is just only about 2 lanes wide. the bumpy condition over some parts make steering on high speed more risky.

dunno who they trying to impress anyway.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its very obvious isn't it that they sped. Hot blooded males on a night out and driving WRXs with mild experiences on the road.

The wreck already says it all ! And the family is still in denial mode.

The skid marks will show how fast the vehicle sped. And furthermore, Subaru should be able to give a report under what conditions will the car split into 2.

Other than that, maybe to some people 100km/h is not speeding, but at that road, I think speed limit should be around 60km/h at most. That subaru driving at 60km/h? I don't believe

williamsF1

Alfrescian
Loyal
PRC Mei Meis, Indon Pros, Thais hookers maybe? hahaha
the only way to impress them is to pick them up in the car, show them the $ go to hotel to spend quality time, then send them back to where they picked them up from.

they speed so fast like they escaping from teh-gu (NEA), the ladies also can't be bothered la.

williamsF1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think that few WRX were racing among each other.

Egos.

"Eh, why you so late and why drive so slowly. Your WRX so lousy ah. Or your driving skills?"
WRX driver A: eh, u sipeh slow leh, i cant see u in rear view mirror la!
WRX driver B: of cos la, u're in my rear view mirror ma!
WRX driver A: ccb, when did u cut me? y i didnt know?
WRX driver B: got skill no skill, very obvious liao mah!
WRX driver A: knn, u dun laugh, i lap u now!
WRX driver B: u think so easy to lap me meh? hahahahhaha
[2 WRX weaving along guillemard rd]
WRX driver A: wah! that PRC meimei damn chio!
WRX driver B: huh? where? where?
[screeeeeeeeeech WRX B kiss the tree]

davetan1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Always take Lianhe WanBao and Xin Min's screaming headlines with a pinch of salt.

Sibeh exaggerating one !

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like that the insurance premium for WRX will increase further man. These people not only make their family suffer but also others who drive these machines better.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like that the insurance premium for WRX will increase further man. These people not only make their family suffer but also others who drive these machines better.

Sports car premiums are known to be higher.

There are quite a few incidents in recent years involving WRX, Mazda MX5.

Premium brand drivers such as for porsches, ferraris tend to be involved in lesser incidents. They pick up fast but they don't speed unnecessarily. Probably age group of driver is different, or probably the cost of the car is higher, thats why don't dare to speed unnecessarily.

I see those WRX, Type R drivers chng their cars, I shake my head....:(

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nobody teach them how to drive

you have to calculate the risk

it is the cyclist? or you.

you have to choose you

if you see a cat or dog on the road
you have to calculate it is cat or dog or you
it have to be you

so
crush the cyclist
and go home safe in metal coffins
car is weapon of mass destruction - victims is inevitable

and most cyclist in sink city is PRC anyway

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
Premium brand drivers such as for porsches, ferraris tend to be involved in lesser incidents. They pick up fast but they don't speed unnecessarily. Probably age group of driver is different, or probably the cost of the car is higher, thats why don't dare to speed unnecessarily.

People who own expensive cars usually have more common sense, well there are some borderline exceptions.

I say we increase car prices more, make COE much more than now. Too many idiots on the road.

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal

People who own expensive cars usually have more common sense, well there are some borderline exceptions.

I say we increase car prices more, make COE much more than now. Too many idiots on the road.

The value of one's brain matter is proportionate to the one drives.