• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore bosses think 50% of employees are 'bad hires': survey

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are wrong ...they are the smart ones ...they have exceeded their targets and thus am able to contribute to this forum.

Exceeding is not good enough to qualify as good hire. Stealing company time from work to post on SBF is wrong, no matter what.

Tension68

Alfrescian
Loyal
Leave your ego at home. You dont have to call me names just because i dont agree with you. Want face? Sorry.

You dont know the companies that were surveyed. There is no mention of nationality of employees. You have absolutely no facts to support your accusations, hence PROPAGANDA.

Crap survey.

First and foremost, what are you talking about?

My fren bro Du is not part of any political party and he does not support pappies.. so what propaganda you toking..?? siao one u.

And hor, ya.. since no mention of companies but got say is Singapolang employers, then how you noe whether they talk about only singapolang or foreigner bad hires ah? you make wat assumption ha?

from wat i can read and understand from bro Du, he is saying that "the survey reveals Singaporean emloyers say more than 50% of their employees are bad hires..so what went wrong? who hired them? who interviewed them?.. and what nationality are they?"

he is questioning hor if those the singapolang employer consider as bad hire, got any foreign trash... and if that is the case.. maybe cos they are cheap.. that y the el cheapo singapolang employer dun wan to release these BAD HIRES.. COS THEY ARE KNNB CHEAP!!

wakao.. join so late can get so much rep.. but post like duno how to think one.. sigh..

Last edited:

Tension68

Alfrescian
Loyal
While top talents are a measly 10-30%.

According to a survey by RecruitPlus, 99% of the 4,000 employers who answered felt that their organization carry certain percentage of bad hires, from 10% to a whopping 50%. :eek:

(Wait a minute. So many foreign trash were hired in recent years. Are the Sinkie bosses saying that those foreign trash are BAD HIRES?)

peppertail, read wat TS post, the last statement.. bro Du echoing his sentiments.

wan to kaopei olso must read thread properlly.. u say others talk nonsense then get upset when ppl say u dun understand angmo.. and if u not sinkie, which country u from?

aiya, like bro Du say, explain mre to u olso "sai hei" (waste breath = canto). go to ur CC to learn angmo la.. wako.. sibei jialat leh u.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
First and foremost, what are you talking about?

My fren bro Du is not part of any political party and he does not support pappies.. so what propaganda you toking..?? siao one u.

And hor, ya.. since no mention of companies but got say is Singapolang employers, then how you noe whether they talk about only singapolang or foreigner bad hires ah? you make wat assumption ha?

from wat i can read and understand from bro Du, he is saying that "the survey reveals Singaporean emloyers say more than 50% of their employees are bad hires..so what went wrong? who hired them? who interviewed them?.. and what nationality are they?"

he is questioning hor if those the singapolang employer consider as bad hire, got any foreign trash... and if that is the case.. maybe cos they are cheap.. that y the el cheapo singapolang employer dun wan to release these BAD HIRES.. COS THEY ARE KNNB CHEAP!!

wakao.. join so late can get so much rep.. but post like duno how to think one.. sigh..

Here is what he said in post #15: If they think got so high a percentage, why aren't they doing something about it? Maybe because that 50% are the CHEAP FOREIGN TRASH!!

Propaganda does not mean you have to be affiliated with a political party. In this case he propagates that all foreigners are cheap and trash, like many other users on this forum.

Definition from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda

Propaganda is a form of communication that is aimed towards influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position by presenting only one side of an argument.

Last edited:

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
peppertail, read wat TS post, the last statement.. bro Du echoing his sentiments.

wan to kaopei olso must read thread properlly.. u say others talk nonsense then get upset when ppl say u dun understand angmo.. and if u not sinkie, which country u from?

aiya, like bro Du say, explain mre to u olso "sai hei" (waste breath = canto). go to ur CC to learn angmo la.. wako.. sibei jialat leh u.

I read the thread properly and im not upset. I just dont agree with your buddy.

Im german and understand angmo, propaganda and all sorts of other crap very well.

Tension68

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here is what he said in post #15: If they think got so high a percentage, why aren't they doing something about it? Maybe because that 50% are the CHEAP FOREIGN TRASH!!

Propaganda does not mean you have to be affiliated with a political party. In this case he propagates that all foreigners are cheap and trash, like many other users on this forum.

Definition from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda

Propaganda is a form of communication that is aimed towards influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position by presenting only one side of an argument.

ha? where in his statement did he present only ONE side of an argument?
he asked a question, "why aren't they doing something about it?"
and then offered a suggestion, "maybe because", he didn't STATE that as a fact!!

So wat one side of the argument did he make? tat the survey was on singapolang employers?
or that he is VERY SURE that all the bad hires are FOREIGNERS??

walau.. u german ah.. gutten morten (spelling ah.. i not german.. i just put wat i hear)..
so u disagree wif him, but y u start to call names first ha?

pot call kettle black lor.. u angmo means u can "bad man make complain first"? (chinese saying.. check below)

[h=1]惡人先告狀 http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/惡人先告狀[/h]
dun anyhow get involve in singapolang thing if u not entirely sure la.. i respect germany for owning up to wat hitler n the nazis did in the jews comcentration camps, opening up for all to see.. and even till now.. compard to chao japs who dun admit their atrocities during WW2.. ur ppl did a far better job.

but.. pls dun get involved in singapolang affairs la.. rmbr our ministers told off other countries olso.. wakaka..

Last edited:

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
ha? where in his statement did he present only ONE side of an argument?
he asked a question, "why aren't they doing something about it?"
and then offered a suggestion, "maybe because", he didn't STATE that as a fact!!

So wat one side of the argument did he make? tat the survey was on singapolang employers?
or that he is VERY SURE that all the bad hires are FOREIGNERS??

walau.. u german ah.. gutten morten (spelling ah.. i not german.. i just put wat i hear)..
so u disagree wif him, but y u start to call names first ha?

pot call kettle black lor.. u angmo means u can "bad man make complain first"? (chinese saying.. check below)

[h=1]惡人先告狀 http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/惡人先告狀[/h]
dun anyhow get involve in singapolang thing if u not entirely sure la.. i respect germany for owning up to wat hitler n the nazis did in the jews comcentration camps, opening up for all to see.. and even till now.. compard to chao japs who dun admit their atrocities during WW2.. ur ppl did a far better job.

but.. pls dun get involved in singapolang affairs la.. rmbr our ministers told off other countries olso.. wakaka..

I suggest you go and read the entire thread before commenting further, you clearly do not have the whole picture.

My wife and kids are citizens, im living here for 15 years, i sure as hell have the right to voice my opinion. Don't give me that "Stay out of Singapores affairs" treatment just because you dont like what i say.

PS: It's Guten Morgen but Guten Tag would actually be more appropriate for this time of day.

Last edited:

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
peppertail, living here for 15 years gives you the right to have a say in SG's affairs?

did you serve SG's NS? Do your children serve NS? You did say there were citizens, no?
but then.. if your children (if they are male) served NS, and if they are females, then it is THEY who have the right to comment.

Did you take up Singapore citizenship? Or are you still a German citizen, holding a Singapore PR?

IF PR.. THEN PLEASE GO MIND YOUR OWN COUNTRY'S POLITICS AND DON'T POKE AROUND HERE, THANK YOU.

So you are a German, and bro T68 did mention he is not German and the words he used is from what he hear, meaning he hears it and tried to wish you a greeting.. I checked and the phrase he was trying to say is "good morning", no? So, where's your manners? No reply? Not even a greeting for him?

Perhaps you don't agree with what I have posted, and you may even not like what I write. But from your first post to reply to mine, "you don't make sense", seems a bit "rude", and worse, it offered no head or tail on what you meant by "don't make sense", since you never elaborated on what you thought was not making any sense to you.

I have met Germans in my time in the USA, and most of whom I met, were polite.. altho some thought lowly of Chinese.. one even called me a Chink, so I challenged him to a fight after he refused to apologize.. he backed down.. after he checked that I had some martial arts background.. and when I next saw him in the college cafeteria, he even bought me a drink and a sandwich, and said he was "sorry" for his deragatory remarks towards me. I late found out from hmi that his father's business in Berlin was suffering because of the influx of foreign Chinese workers. Rival companies (his dad was in the F&B) hired cheap Chinese workers and cut their expenses.. but his dad hired Germans, and paid what he felt was a fair wage.. but alas, cheap labour put a dent to his dad's business.. therefore.. he had a bad feeling towards Chinese.. he never gave a thought to which country a Chinese man might come from, he just hated them.. until he met me.

He even said he observed me, and found that I could speak English fluently, as well as Mandarin, and Cantonese.. he was quite surprised to find out that I am from Singapore.. a relatively unknown country to most college students.. but not to businessmen.

Now.. WE in Singapore are facing Foreigners taking away our jobs, making property almost impossible to acquire.. PUBLIC HOUSING mind you.

So, what opportunities HAVE YOU CREATED FOR SINGAPOREANS?

Or are you another of those el cheapo foreigners who want to hire MORE CHEAP FOREIGN LABOUR AND STUFF SINGAPOREANS ASIDE?!!

Schnell!!!

Last edited:

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, here are my answers:

1. As i said, my wife and kids are citizens of this country. As i am responsible for my family i sure want to have my say about the affairs of the country which is our home. Since i am not allowed to vote i can only voice my opinion. Is that wrong?
2. I served NS in Germany before coming to Singapore. I came here for a short work assignment, got to know my wife, got kids and decided to stay here. That's life. Do i really need to go through NS again just because we decided to stay here instead of Germany?
3. Of course my children will serve NS.
4. I replied your friend in post #27 and even gave him a short german lesson.
5. Sorry, i have no kung fu to counter yours. I don't like fights. My wife is singapore chinese, i never cared about anybodies skin color.
6. I am not sure what you are trying to tell me with your story about the german guy in the US. I don't know him at all but im glad you found a friend.
7. Im living my life in Singapore with my family, go to work, pay my taxes, take part in the lifes of people around me. The high housing and other costs affect me as much as anybody else. I do not stuff anybody aside.

Blame your government, not the foreigners.

Last edited:

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
peppertail gives alot of details but skips the points raised.

He (i assume is a he) never mentions if he is an Employer or an employee.

He never mentions if he has contributed to create any opportunities, but said he paid taxes and paid for housing and married a sg woman and had kids.

Well, almost all foreigners pay taxes, whether directly or indirectly.. and if they wan to buy housing, they can look around and if they have the cash, nobody really stops them from buying.. unless HDB where certain rules apply.

You are correct.. the government is a major factor in the problems and issues we Singaporeans face.

But alot of foreigners (i duno about you.. but if your story is true, then you are not one of them) come in here with bogus or fake credentials.. with certificates and diplomas from universities not even ranked in the world.. and yet they are being hired by companies.

It's easy for you to say you can have a say cos your family is here. True, you can have a say.. but I asked if you are stil a German citizen. Are you? You don't get my point?

Well, let me explain more clearly: you are not a citizen, our country is now in a situation where the government is telling us that we need more foreigners, whether it is you, or those with bogus and fake credentials.. and you have to admit, if you are holding a job and not an employee, which you didn't specify, you are possibly taking that job away from a Singaporean.

And since you are not a citizen, you can pack and leave as and when you want, or you and your family decide. Who is there to stop you? Most Singaporeans, if not all, don't hold dual "passes" do play as they choose.

I really don't know why you posted a reply to my words and said I don't make any sense, when I was just commenting that the possibility of the Singaporean employers who were surveyed, probably had some, if not all of their 50% bad hires to be foreigners. You can't deny that it is a possibility.

So, what is your beef? You don't agree with me on what point?
I never posted that it was a FACT that 50% of the bad hires ARE foreigners, did I?

And, still you show no manners or etiquette at all. Did you greet my fren, when he greeted you?
So polite gesures get ignored by Germans?

This is my take, if you want to have a say in Singapore's affairs, politically or socially, give up your German citizenship, show me that you are putting all your chips down here in Singapore.. then I have nothing to say.

Until then, just stay out cos I don't get what your issue is.

I ask again, are you an employer or an employee?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1. As i said, my wife and kids are citizens of this country. As i am responsible for my family i sure want to have my say about the affairs of the country which is our home. Since i am not allowed to vote i can only voice my opinion. Is that wrong?
You don't have a say unless you are a sinkee.

2. I served NS in Germany before coming to Singapore. I came here for a short work assignment, got to know my wife, got kids and decided to stay here. That's life. Do i really need to go through NS again just because we decided to stay here instead of Germany?
Yes. You paid your dues in Germany for the privilege of German citizenship. If you want to enjoy the perks of sinkapore, you need to pay your dues. While the sinkapore government may think highly of foreigners, that sentiment is not shared by the majority of sinkees.

7. Im living my life in Singapore with my family, go to work, pay my taxes, take part in the lifes of people around me. The high housing and other costs affect me as much as anybody else. I do not stuff anybody aside.

But it does not affect you as much as the heartlanders.

Blame your government, not the foreigners.

sinkapore is the only country that foreigners can have a big say on how the country should treat them. If that is not a violation of sovereignty, what is? We indeed blame our government. We also like to tell foreigners here that they are not particularly welcome here unless they possess skills or talents that sinkees do not have. We have had enough of the half-baked low-cost foreigners invading this country.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My wife and kids are citizens, im living here for 15 years, i sure as hell have the right to voice my opinion. Don't give me that "Stay out of Singapores affairs" treatment just because you dont like what i say.

It is such arrogance of foreigners that pisses me off. Until you are a sinkee, you don't have the right to interfere in the affairs of sinkapore. If you don't like it, feel free to uproot your family back to Germany. Isn't that the reason you hang on to your German citizenship ...just in case, you need to use it. If you truly want to be a part of sinkapore, then take up sinkapore citizenship.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Exceeding is not good enough to qualify as good hire. Stealing company time from work to post on SBF is wrong, no matter what.

Ah, the typical sinkee slave driver. Exceeding target is not good enough, you want them to clock in on time and clock out as late as possible. Go out and refresh your management skills, if you have any in the first place.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In this case he propagates that all foreigners are cheap and trash, like many other users on this forum.

You know the culture of this forum, so why are you here if you feel malign here? Let's face the facts - the majority of foreigners in sinkapore are not worth their salt. They are employed here because they are cheap labour. It is because of the short-sightedness of local bosses, the bias of foreign managers who wants to bring in more of their kind and the treasonous behavior of our government who places the interests of foreigners ahead of sinkees.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
peppertail gives alot of details but skips the points raised.

He (i assume is a he) never mentions if he is an Employer or an employee.

He never mentions if he has contributed to create any opportunities, but said he paid taxes and paid for housing and married a sg woman and had kids.

Well, almost all foreigners pay taxes, whether directly or indirectly.. and if they wan to buy housing, they can look around and if they have the cash, nobody really stops them from buying.. unless HDB where certain rules apply.

You are correct.. the government is a major factor in the problems and issues we Singaporeans face.

But alot of foreigners (i duno about you.. but if your story is true, then you are not one of them) come in here with bogus or fake credentials.. with certificates and diplomas from universities not even ranked in the world.. and yet they are being hired by companies.

It's easy for you to say you can have a say cos your family is here. True, you can have a say.. but I asked if you are stil a German citizen. Are you? You don't get my point?

Well, let me explain more clearly: you are not a citizen, our country is now in a situation where the government is telling us that we need more foreigners, whether it is you, or those with bogus and fake credentials.. and you have to admit, if you are holding a job and not an employee, which you didn't specify, you are possibly taking that job away from a Singaporean.

And since you are not a citizen, you can pack and leave as and when you want, or you and your family decide. Who is there to stop you? Most Singaporeans, if not all, don't hold dual "passes" do play as they choose.

I really don't know why you posted a reply to my words and said I don't make any sense, when I was just commenting that the possibility of the Singaporean employers who were surveyed, probably had some, if not all of their 50% bad hires to be foreigners. You can't deny that it is a possibility.

So, what is your beef? You don't agree with me on what point?
I never posted that it was a FACT that 50% of the bad hires ARE foreigners, did I?

And, still you show no manners or etiquette at all. Did you greet my fren, when he greeted you?
So polite gesures get ignored by Germans?

This is my take, if you want to have a say in Singapore's affairs, politically or socially, give up your German citizenship, show me that you are putting all your chips down here in Singapore.. then I have nothing to say.

Until then, just stay out cos I don't get what your issue is.

I ask again, are you an employer or an employee?

1. Yes, i am a he.
2. I am an employee, in a managerial position. I create opportunities for the people working around me in my capacity as a manager. I came to singapore as a technical specialist and worked my way up. The only credentials i had at that time was experience in a certain technology. I never set foot in any university.
3. I pay tax directly (is there a indirect way?)
4. We are staying in a HDB flat as i do not see why i should pay a crazy amount of money for a condominium with amneties that i will hardly use, neither can i afford a landed property.
5. I do not "play" with my families future.
6. Your "friend" did not greet me, in fact in his first post he called me "siao". Teach your "friend" some manners.
7. You made judgement on foreigners based on a poll that didn't give any details at all. That doesn't make sense.

8. Yes, i am still a German citizen and as long as i have family in Germany i will remain a German citizen. Fate made me find my wife in Singapore and we decided to settle here. As it happened i have roots in both countries now. Do you think its fair if i get forced to make a choice, abandoning part of my family? I think not.

As for winnipegjets:

I am in no way arrogant. I have a responsibilty as father, husband, son, sibling. If any country decides the formality of a citizenship is more important than that responsibilty i have no choice but to choose. Until then bugger off.

Last edited:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, i am still a German citizen and as long as i have family in Germany i will remain a German citizen. Fate made me find my wife in Singapore and we decided to settle here. As it happened i have roots in both countries now. Do you think its fair if i get forced to make a choice, abandoning part of my family? I think not.

As for winnipegjets:

I am in no way arrogant. I have a responsibilty as father, husband, son, sibling. If any country decides the formality of a citizenship is more important than that responsibilty i have no choice but to choose. Until then bugger off.

You claimed not to be arrogant but your writing shows otherwise. You may live here and have ties via marriage here but you do not have the right to criticise sinkees for wanting to defend their rights to safeguard the country from being overwhelmed by foreigners. If a similar situation happens in Germany, you would behave likewise. You don't see Germans even bother about the fact that foreigners (especially Turks) who are born in Germany or have lived there for decades can't qualify for German citizenship.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
You claimed not to be arrogant but your writing shows otherwise. You may live here and have ties via marriage here but you do not have the right to criticise sinkees for wanting to defend their rights to safeguard the country from being overwhelmed by foreigners. If a similar situation happens in Germany, you would behave likewise. You don't see Germans even bother about the fact that foreigners (especially Turks) who are born in Germany or have lived there for decades can't qualify for German citizenship.

My kids are minors and they are citizens. I have every right, in fact an obligation, to take part in the environment they live in. That also includes the discussion of Singapores future as it is also my kids future. Am i breaking a law here??

You couldn't be more wrong regarding the turks in germany. If you are really interested read up here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turks_in_Germany , please read the whole thing and not selectively.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My kids are minors and they are citizens. I have every right, in fact an obligation, to take part in the environment they live in. That also includes the discussion of Singapores future as it is also my kids future. Am i breaking a law here??

This is a forum of free speech and you are entitled to your views. But don't tell us, sinkees, that we don't have the right to criticize foreigners who are in sinkapore.
The beef I have with foreigners is that they come with an entitled mentality and contemptuous of sinkees.

You couldn't be more wrong regarding the turks in germany. If you are really interested read up here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turks_in_Germany , please read the whole thing and not selectively.

Well, I am glad to know that now the long staying foreigners can now enjoy German citizenship. Read on ....
In Germany today, there is an undercurrent of xenophobia in public opinion and an open emphasis on xenophobia in right-wing and neo-Nazi organisations. The wave of xenophobic violence that saw offences treble between 1991 and 1993, claimed several Turkish lives and revealed how excluded and vulnerable non-Germans have remained in German society.[96]
Author Greg Nees, writing in 2000, stated that "Because Turks are both darker-skinned and Muslim, conservative Germans are largely against granting them citizenship."[10]

Under previous German law, children born to foreigners in Germany were not entitled to German citizenship by birth. This was modified in 1991.[108] In 2000, legislation was passed which conferred German citizenship on the German-born children of foreigners (born after 1990), and the naturalisation process was made easier, although dual citizenship is only permitted to citizens of the EU and Switzerland and any other national possessing it (including citizens of Turkey) by virtue of birth must choose between the ages of 18 and 23 which citizenship she or he wishes to retain, and renounce their other passport.

Do sinkees treat foreigners in the same manner as Germans treat the Turks? We are not xenophobic but just fed up that we are overwhelmed by foreigners. Would Germans accept a population consisting of 40 foreigners? I think not.

http://www.osce.org/home/71781
In Germany, too, the Turkish minority faces discrimination in legal matters and in many
aspects of society.
Other foreigners are granted certain rights that are withheld from Turkish
immigrants who have been living in Germany for 50 years.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, slow down :smile: You brought the turks in Germany into this discussion. Did i ever claim that Germany don't have such issues? Every country has them and sadly a very small group of idiots can give a whole country a bad name. Bad news spread further and faster than good ones.

I also never said you can't criticise foreigners, you can criticise the pope for all i care. But stay fair and be open for different views without bias. This is not about winning...

Last edited:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok, slow down :smile: You brought the turks in Germany into this discussion. Did i ever claim that Germany don't have such issues? Every country has them. I also never said you can't criticise foreigners, you can criticise the pope for all i care. But stay fair and be open for different views without bias. This is not about winning...

I welcome your views ...and the right to rebuttal. The situation we have in this country would not be acceptable anywhere. You have lived in this country long enough to know that sinkees are not xenophobic but are inviting to foreigners. When you step into forum and lambast sinkees for defending their country against foreign invasion, I take that personally.
I brought the Germany experience into this because this situation would never happen in Germany. Now, you won't like the foreign domination in Germany, why would you think it is okay in sinkapore?