• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Simple Simon says American companies cannot adapt and leaving Singapore

Romagnum

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/pre...al-foreign-firms-prepare-leave-spore-20130205

[SINGAPORE] Some foreign companies in Singapore have started to pull out of the country as the government tightens the inflow of foreign workers here. More could follow suit.

"While we understand the pressures that Singapore's limited area and resources place on crafting long-term policy, we worry that the trajectory announced could significantly cut workforce growth and have drastic consequences for businesses and the economy of Singapore," said AmCham chairman Simon Kahn.

"As the percentage of Singaporeans qualifying for PMET (professional, manager, executive and technician) jobs continues to increase, the supply of workers to fill these non-PMET roles will continue to shrink. Without access to foreign workers here in Singapore, companies that cannot adapt will be forced to leave the country."

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our singkies kena retrenched n singkie business lose sales as a result.
We are killing the golden egg goose

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Oh, the Leegime bonus, right? Like your salary and bonus being the PAP IB right? Good time to outsource your job to China and India.

Vigilante

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/pre...al-foreign-firms-prepare-leave-spore-20130205

[SINGAPORE] Some foreign companies in Singapore have started to pull out of the country as the government tightens the inflow of foreign workers here. More could follow suit.

"While we understand the pressures that Singapore's limited area and resources place on crafting long-term policy, we worry that the trajectory announced could significantly cut workforce growth and have drastic consequences for businesses and the economy of Singapore," said AmCham chairman Simon Kahn.

"As the percentage of Singaporeans qualifying for PMET (professional, manager, executive and technician) jobs continues to increase, the supply of workers to fill these non-PMET roles will continue to shrink. Without access to foreign workers here in Singapore, companies that cannot adapt will be forced to leave the country."

By all means, LEAVE. all these are threats!

prancku

Alfrescian
Loyal

I call your BLUFF!!!

Which American or foreign companies are pulling out or considering to pull out because they cannot employ manpower in Singapore. NAME THEM!!!

There are plenty, plenty, plenty of PMETs in their 40s or even 30s who kena retrenched but could not find a suitable job for months or even years. Also, many young university graduates, both local and overseas are also unemployed and looking for jobs.

American Companies cannot find manpower in Singapore - they need 50,000 ah??? But then which American Company ever need 50,000 workers, all at once and have to pull out or consider to pull out???

DON'T COME HERE TALK BLOODY COCK AND SING SONG, TS

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really? But the real figures show that grads get jobs easily. I see fresh grads earning 3.5k per month out there.
There will always be people who are retrenched n unemployed out there at any time in any economy. If we allow the shortage of labour to continue, what you think is bad will be 10 times worst. Thats reality.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
BTW I tried to hire a driver also difficult nowadays. You tell me there are no jiobs out there? Surely you are a frog in a well right?

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
BTW I tried to hire a driver also difficult nowadays. You tell me there are no jiobs out there? Surely you are a frog in a well right?
Of course you have difficulties if you pay peanuts.

Try getting a young and pretty prostitute to have sex with you for $50.

BlueBrother

Alfrescian
Loyal
If these American companies need more non-PMET employees, these may be the type of companies that we hope will leave. We would prefer to have companies needing more PMET than non-PMET employees.

prancku

Alfrescian
Loyal

A driver to drive you to your funeral? Of course no one wants to join you lah. Some more your peanuts are not golden...LOLOLO

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
White stuff more poisonous than Ah Neh snake. Angmoh talk only.

Go find elsewhere if they can make a decent profit and pay good wages.

Why not go Pinoy land and port all Pinoys back to Pinoyland.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you're a SPG who's spreading your legs for free for every white dick, god forbid you start becoming more discerning about your choice of sex partners or start charging for your services. Those rakes will become upset. :wink:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it's all bull shit. These bosses are already addicted to cheap foreign labor and now they are crying like a child just because they'll have to pay more in future. We will know in 6 months time (the earliest) if really their closing shop is rampant. Anyway, the white paper's 6.9m population is already somewhat a pacifier for them in years to come, so what the hell are they still complaining about? :oIo:

ZombieFart

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the first place, American companies do not come to Singapore because we have cheap labor.

I believe it is our PMETs losing the edge in value-adding, that makes cheap labor more important for businesses to sustain.

Travellor

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you're a SPG who's spreading your legs for free for every white dick, god forbid you start becoming more discerning about your choice of sex partners or start charging for your services. Those rakes will become upset. :wink:

yeah just like those dumbfucks who develop android apps, dont expect anyone to pay when they are used to getting it free.

Even richer is this incident whereby an SPG who had not enough cash and was asking her angmoh dautau to help come out with some money and guess what the CCB angmoh said? why dont you use your credit card!!! NBCCB hahahahaha

gai see lor ccb...wait till the fucking white trash dumps your sorry asian pwabye ass with 2 half breed kids as soon as he runs back to wherever he came from...see whether the pwacheebye PAP govt will be as forgiving to your single parent half bred family....

Last edited:

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Since these companies are already leaving, the least Simple Simon does is to name them. If anything, it will be Overtime Tan who will list them, to warn Singaporeans why we need FTs.

Green Light

Alfrescian
Loyal
Several foreign firms prepare to leave S'pore

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/prem...spore-20130205

In opposing the Population White PaperThe Workers' Party is proposing anti-business measure by setting further limit to Singapore's labour force. Does the WP not know, businesses and SME are feeling the pain of the control over labour force now. Does WP not know businesses, especial SME's owner, are the job creators for Singaporean? Does the WP not know business owners, especialy SMEs' owners, are Singaporeans too.

"Some foreign companies in Singapore have started to pull out of the country as the government tightens the inflow of foreign workers here. More could follow suit."

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Several foreign firms prepare to leave S'pore

I also will pull out cos I am feeling the crunch now. Can't even hire chauffeur

Vigilante

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Several foreign firms prepare to leave S'pore

I also will pull out cos I am feeling the crunch now. Can't even hire chauffeur

all these business are exaggerating lah....ask those sinkies who work in mnc and you will know hoe these fts behave...