• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sim Wong Hoo rises up like a phoenix

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
where is atb? what's good there?:confused:

ATB is Ah Tiong Bu. Besotted's favourite. :biggrin:

I was a Sim Lim Just now and alot of staffs from the shops were young china girls. But Jlokta warned not to tackle them. I also have a feeling that the whole SLS seemed to be like a triad run place.

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
bill.png

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ever tried using a Windows XP tablet PC? They were a PITA to use. You had to use a stylus on a fucking RESISTIVE touch screen.

Really, don't blame the Apple sheeple for Microsoft making shitty products.
Shitty products such as Microsoft Kin, Microsoft Bob, Zune, Bing, Internet Explorer, Windows phones.

LonewolfAlfa

Alfrescian
Loyal
the quality, graphics and apps on the ipad 3 beats all android pads. take angry birds for e.g. on the ipad side by side with any android tablet and u can see the difference.

and the price of the ipad3 16gb wifi only version is cheaper than most android pads.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
the quality, graphics and apps on the ipad 3 beats all android pads. take angry birds for e.g. on the ipad side by side with any android tablet and u can see the difference.

and the price of the ipad3 16gb wifi only version is cheaper than most android pads.

when compare flash capability, andriod tablet outperform all ipads.

i put side by side, i see nothing on ipads. but andriod is really working well on flash.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
when compare flash capability, andriod tablet outperform all ipads.

i put side by side, i see nothing on ipads. but andriod is really working well on flash.

It's the first time I see you posting something different. Sometimes I wonder why apple die die don't support flash. Is it because of tech differences or stubbornness?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's the first time I see you posting something different. Sometimes I wonder why apple die die don't support flash. Is it because of tech differences or stubbornness?

Flash is an inefficient program. People who use it on a PC laptop can tell you that it will shorten battery life. Even on a desktop PC it was/is buggy requiring plenty of RAM & processor power to run. On one of the updates it would crash my desktop on a regular basis.

From what I've heard Adobe is abandoning flash development for ALL phone platforms because they have been unable to get it run efficiently:smile:

The Mac OS version version of Flash is really bad because for years Adobe has ignored the Mac platform. Many Mac users have found that the best solution is to use an application to block flash from running in their web browser:wink:

Silent88scope

Alfrescian
Loyal
What HanZpad? Ham Zim Pan (Cantonese means salty fried pancake) is it?
Mr Sim's always like to name his products with a Z.
If he really think his HanZpad can compete in China market, he must be making a big mistake.
First of all he is already a late comer in the tablet market and there's just so many China made brands competing in low cost.
If Mr Sim's strategy is to market his tablet in the high end market just like Apple, for sure he is going to burn a big hole in his pocket.
His tablet will end up just like another Zen pod years ago.

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like this is specially tailored for kids to use in school to learn chinese language writing. Looking forward to the review. The way he said machiam like a killer tablet.

The Philistine

Alfrescian
Loyal
What sorta fucking creative name is "Creative"? :biggrin:

Creative is a good name. It is short, simple, easy to remember, and conveys a sense of innovation.

"HanZpad" does not sound quite right. People are likely to mispronounce it. Is it "Hanz pad" or "Han Z pad"? Even the Z can be "z", "ji", or "zi". To non-Chinese citizens, it sounds too "ah tiong". When people look at the tablet, its name reminds them of China. And what does China have a reputation for? Forgeries and unreliable products. If Creative wants to attack markets outside China, the name could be problematic.

I think even native Chinese will not be too keen either. What does the HanZpad offer in comparison to the more established tablets flooding the Chinese market right now? Does it have a unique product offering or differentiation? It may be targeted at students learning Chinese *but are its "Chinese features" good enough to create a competitive advantage in this area? There are already apps written for Chinese learners. And if necessary, competitors can always create yet better apps to negate whatever advantage the HanZpad has. It has an ability to convey hard copy materials into e-books but how many people are going to use this feature frequently? Good for e-learning? I am not so sure. Why not just use a simple laptop? Much bigger screen and essential programs can run so much faster. The iPad is popular because of its excellent interface. It is easy to use. Can the HanZpad beat that? I am skeptical of Creative and its partners' ability to establish a solid foothold in the Chinese market.*

Back to the name. Creative needs to give it a much better name, one that conveys Western sophistication, but "Chinese" enough (since the target market appears to be China) to appeal to Chinese sentiments.

Last edited:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Flash is an inefficient program. People who use it on a PC laptop can tell you that it will shorten battery life. Even on a desktop PC it was/is buggy requiring plenty of RAM & processor power to run. On one of the updates it would crash my desktop on a regular basis.

From what I've heard Adobe is abandoning flash development for ALL phone platforms because they have been unable to get it run efficiently:smile:

The Mac OS version version of Flash is really bad because for years Adobe has ignored the Mac platform. Many Mac users have found that the best solution is to use an application to block flash from running in their web browser:wink:

Thanks uncle Johnny. You have always been very helpful :biggrin: Good weekend to you.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Silent88scope said:
If he really think his HanZpad can compete in China market, he must be making a big mistake.
First of all he is already a late comer in the tablet market and there's just so many China made brands competing in low cost.
If Mr Sim's strategy is to market his tablet in the high end market just like Apple, for sure he is going to burn a big hole in his pocket.

Sim M H must get rid of his technical thinking and start to focus on marketing to succeed.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal

Agree with every point you made. Sim Mong Hoo should just graciously accept the fact that he was just a hit wonder with his soundblaster. Thereafter, he never did come up with anything revolutionary. He proclaimed his Zen mp3 would take the world by storm and blow the iPod away. Well, we all know what's the outcome of that, don't we. Sim Mong Hoo should just ride into the sunset and retire quietly instead of embarrasing S'poreans with his million dollar losses with lousier and lousier products all of which are non-starters. If he thinks he's showing fighting spirit then he's pretty deluded. He's down and out, out and gone.

rustic

Look at these web pages, you will be surprised by his speeches

Many fellow Sinkies treat Sim Wong Hoo as a local hero and worship him. The locals have supported and contributed much to his success. Below are the extracts of some webpages I believe many will find revealing. Don't take my words for it, please follow the links to the actual pages to verify.
http://www.mcplive.cn/?controller=Article&id=4779&page=3
I'm back沈望傅的创新2.0梦想 Mr. Sim:对中国怀有一份特殊的感情 我的根在中国.
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzU2NTA5NjE2.html 汉之派--创新科技董事会主席沈望傅先生的开场演讲 (March 2012)

click on 全部视频信息 will get the text of Mr. Sim's speech, in which he said:
大家都知道,新加坡是个非常有秩序的国家,样样井井有条。 但是井井有条是非常不利于创新的。 搞高科技是要投下重金的。市场很小的新加坡,要收回本钱都难,想要赚钱?做梦去吧。 在新加坡搞高科技,还要创新,简直是不知天高地厚。
铸造一个完美的《中国派》,包含着华夏五千年的优良文化传统,带着中国人民忠诚的友谊,奉献给世人, 福荫人类的后代子子孙孙。你说还有更好、更美、更有效的礼物吗? 我是个播种人,把一颗种子带回老家来
籽亿高科峰会 - 沈望傅主题演讲 (Dec 2009) Document removed (with good reason must be) but fortunately caches remain. To access, search 籽亿高科峰会 沈望傅主题演讲 百度文库 in google or SoSo.com and click cache/快照, or directly access google's cached page with this link: http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...lated+籽亿高科峰会+沈望傅主题演讲&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
His wise words within: 香港回归后,中国形势一片大好…… 在新加坡听到的自嘲: 香港-拿回来。 澳门-乖乖回来… 台湾-抢回来! 新加坡-是怎么回来的呢 ?????? 骗回来! ????????????? 但台湾是赢回来的。是双赢。 不懂新加坡将会怎么回来, 但我知道创新是怎么回来… 创新 → →飞回来的!!! 带着许多希望的种籽 飞回来!
For anyone not proficient enough in Chinese, 做梦去吧 and 不知天高地厚 are very harsh and cold reprimands reserved for hapless juniors. 老家 is much more than home. It is the childhood home one misses very much, and cannot delay a minute to "fly back" to it.

Although the processor and software of Hanzpad were developed locally and in some western countries before he "飞回" China, he calls it 汉之派- 一颗中国芯,铸就中国派. He has 带着许多希望的种籽飞回中国. How many 希望的种籽 do we still have? Sinkies need to be on guard lest even Sinkieland gets "骗回" his 中国老家, his根.

Hwheels

Alfrescian
Loyal
I saw the Creative tablet on sale at Mustafa? Anyone tried it before? Funny how this guy 'creates' stuff and doesn't bother selling it to Singaporeans at more attractive pricing.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
does not seem like i am replacing my ipad gen 1 and amazon fire. I already have too much tablet.