• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SIA deserves losing for cartel and screwing it's own pilots, flight and ground crew.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
SIA deserves losing for cartel and screwing it's own pilots, flight and ground crew.
SIA, Emirates lose Australia appeal in cartel case

Fri, Apr 03, 2009
Reuters

SYDNEY - An Australian court has dismissed attempts by Singapore Airlines and Emirates to prevent the Australian competition watchdog from demanding documents in relation to a price-fixing probe, the watchdog said on Friday.

Singapore Airlines and Emirates had both refused to produce documents to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission in relation to the watchdog's investigation into an alleged cartel involving international air-cargo operations.

The watchdog has also sued six other airlines, including Qantas Airways and British Airways, extracting penalties totalling A$41 million dollars (S$43.73 million), it said.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: SIA deserves losing for cartel and screwing it's own pilots, flight and ground cr

SIA deserves to go down for screwing it's own people !

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: SIA deserves losing for cartel and screwing it's own pilots, flight and ground cr

Yeah man, that's what I said long time ago !

miosux

Alfrescian
Loyal

SIA deserves to go down for screwing it's own people !

you obviously dun have any frens or relatives working in/for SIA. 1000s will be out of job if SIA goes down, and i suppose that will please you very much? :confused::confused::confused:

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal

you obviously dun have any frens or relatives working in/for SIA. 1000s will be out of job if SIA goes down, and i suppose that will please you very much? :confused::confused::confused:

It is widely known for 30 years now that Singaporeans that purchase tickets in Singapore pay a much higher price than tickets purchased by foreigners in theit own countries. CCB.......about time cos they had it too good for too long and not passing the huge profits back to their citizens.

Ever wondered why service on SIA is so bad nowadays. I was told it started when they aim to keep maximising profits at their crew's expense.

Don't play play with S'poreans nowadays. They also now how to WHACK the GARMENT ...but quietly.

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal

ass-aye-ae try to be yaya papaya, play price war with others, they deserve to lose till tng-kor lah. already in big pile of debts for the fleet of good for nothing flying 'jalan besah size' football stadium, then now still wanna go play punk with other ppl. wait if they close the air space, then ass-aye-ae gotta introduce "special" in-flight adult entertainment, to capture more passengers liao.

Sithclone

Alfrescian
Loyal

they are better off working for other airlines that don't mistreat their crew.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal

20090126-jt_op.gif

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is widely known for 30 years now that Singaporeans that purchase tickets in Singapore pay a much higher price than tickets purchased by foreigners in theit own countries. CCB.......about time cos they had it too good for too long and not passing the huge profits back to their citizens.

Ever wondered why service on SIA is so bad nowadays. I was told it started when they aim to keep maximising profits at their crew's expense.

Don't play play with S'poreans nowadays. They also now how to WHACK the GARMENT ...but quietly.

not only that, you have to either be an ang mo or speak like an ang mo before you gain some basic respect and service from the flight attendant, if not you will be getting the feeling of being a 3rd class passenger.

i have observed and also test it quite a number of times.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ehh, how many Sporeans do you know that are still working with SIA:confused:

If SIA is breaking one law, you can bet they are playing fast & loose with other laws. e.g. labour laws?

It's about time that Sporean GLCs companies that break the laws face the music. I suspect there are many more GLCs out there doing the same & Sporeans are the likely victims :rolleyes:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

it is common industry practice that the ticket of the home airline cost more at "home" than abroad - its because when at the home country, the default airline is always the market leader and can afford to charge more, but when they are "away" they have to fight with the incumbant and therefore have to lower fares to be more attractive.

its the way the airline industry is structured that nutured such an unique scenerio where there is no real "free competition" because the airline industry is still very "protected" - thats why you see airlines still around when they should logically be gone. Think Royal Brunei and Air NZ.

Even for cartel and fare fixing, its also industrial practice - its not difficult to fix fares - you just observe what your competitors and with time, game theory suggest that no one will move fares unless one starts to do so. Its just like our petrol prices in Singapore, you see the market leader move, every one follow suit. Is this price fixing? Yes, I will say so, but is anyone doing anything about it?

I am not defending SIA but to put in an objective view, SIA was where she was today because she chose to do things differently back when she first started, they were the first to offer free drinks on board, entertainment system, they kept their planes new and kept their crew fresh (in terms of age) - hence you don't see flying grannies. From my understanding, they used to treat their staff really well - but with times, obviously things are not the same as before.

I once asked the same question to someone in SIA why they treat ang mohs better and heck, if you look at their commercials, its always ang moh man sitting in the First Class seat or business class seat - why? Thats because it reflects the reality - those who fly First Class and Business Class (predominantly) are the ang mohs...so naturally, you pamper the goose that lay golden eggs. And there is another reason behind it - they claim ang mohs are more polite in passing requests and would say thank you but not Asians who tend to be rude. I won't agree 100% to this as I have came across rude ang mohs...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

And there is another reason behind it - they claim ang mohs are more polite in passing requests and would say thank you but not Asians who tend to be rude. I won't agree 100% to this as I have came across rude ang mohs...

If anyone is flying 1st class they are paying $$$$, so angmo or asians should be treated equally WELL :smile:

From my personal observation in economy class, angmo gets better treatment.

This culture of angmo 1st is a Spore thing. I'm sure other airlines has that attitude to some degree but not to the same extent as SIA. Not being an angmo I choose not to fly SIA & save $$$ :rolleyes:

miosux

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ehh, how many Sporeans do you know that are still working with SIA:confused:

If SIA is breaking one law, you can bet they are playing fast & loose with other laws. e.g. labour laws?

It's about time that Sporean GLCs companies that break the laws face the music. I suspect there are many more GLCs out there doing the same & Sporeans are the likely victims :rolleyes:

i know 3 personally...

which law they break? :confused:

miosux

Alfrescian
Loyal

If anyone is flying 1st class they are paying $$$$, so angmo or asians should be treated equally WELL :smile:

This culture of angmo 1st is a Spore thing. I'm sure other airlines has that attitude to some degree but not to the same extent as SIA. Not being an angmo I choose not to fly SIA & save $$$ :rolleyes:

its the stewards/stewardess' fault if they suffer from pinkerton syndrome. i seriously doubt bad service to locals is institutionalized.

i flew once on SQ many years ago to brunei and there was no service whatsoever... guess who paid for my flight? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

its true but based on statistics - there is larger % of 1st class passengers being ang moh males.

it happened on other airlines - I took Air France -and the stewardess walk past you treating you transparent - and proceeded to serve an ang moh behind me, we are all in cattle class.

Personally i think the service level deterioriated especially on SQ service - and I think its due to several factors - the stewardess now adays are unlike those before - being a stewardess is not necc as glamorous as before. Besides, among the stewardesses, its a bitchy working environment, so its not un-natural that personal emotions get involved in their being professional. I have heard that stewardesses shun certain flights (or flights to certain cities - I won't name them but I think all of us know) due to the behavior patterns / profiles of the passengers going to these places - so, if you happen to be on that flight, you probably get below par service.

But one thing is true, if you are ang moh, you get better service even in cattle class - i dun noe, maybe because they see them as buying more inflight sales items ???

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

it happened on other airlines - I took Air France -and the stewardess walk past you treating you transparent - and proceeded to serve an ang moh behind me, we are all in cattle class.

Maybe if you knew a little french, you might get a littel more respect. Looks like you have 2 strikes against you ; don't speak the lingo & are the wrong race :rolleyes:

Personally i think the service level deterioriated especially on SQ service - and I think its due to several factors......

But one thing is true, if you are ang moh, you get better service even in cattle class - i dun noe, maybe because they see them as buying more inflight sales items ???

I & everyone I know has noticed that SIA service is down the tubes. I heard that there is a higher ratio of passengers to steward(ess) on each flight i.e. fewer stewardesses per flight than other airlines. Must be even worst now.

I recognise that the angmo are 1st among equals :rolleyes:
However I'm still disgusted at how unfair the treatment is on SIA & refuse to pay SIAs premium prices for the privilege of being discriminated gainst.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i know 3 personally...

which law they break? :confused:

Forgot that there's no labour laws in Spore :rolleyes:

Only guidelines that the employers can ignore, especially if you're a GLCs.

If you know 3 personally then ask them the work conditions in SIA.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

its the stewards/stewardess' fault if they suffer from pinkerton syndrome. i seriously doubt bad service to locals is institutionalized.

Even if stewards/stewardess have the pinkerton syndrome, what does it say of SIA as an organisation that these stewards/stewardess are allowed to carry on as they have :eek:

hemunkeong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Maybe if you knew a little french, you might get a littel more respect. Looks like you have 2 strikes against you ; don't speak the lingo & are the wrong race :rolleyes:

I & everyone I know has noticed that SIA service is down the tubes. I heard that there is a higher ratio of passengers to steward(ess) on each flight i.e. fewer stewardesses per flight than other airlines. Must be even worst now.

I recognise that the angmo are 1st among equals :rolleyes:
However I'm still disgusted at how unfair the treatment is on SIA & refuse to pay SIAs premium prices for the privilege of being discriminated gainst.

I have seen so many times the stewardess treats the angmo exceptionately better than sinkies, repeatedly asking - is everything OK, do you need this or that etc. And just before the the planes she ask the angmo to do an appraisal or feedback on the services rendered on SQ. The angmo will definitely give good review ! With all these rave reviews the mangement don't get the real picture of the service standard on the flight, end results is the service standard will inevidently drop