• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Should I rent or buy a small one bedroom freehold Condo?

ShyGuy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been living with my parents since I was conceived. I think it's fine time I get a place of my own.

My parents are supportive of "getting rid" of me so that they do not have to cook, tidy the house that I frequently mess up, and do my laundry.

They tell me they are retiring soon and their desires to lead their last stage of their lives holidaying, and doing things they have always wanted to do, but couldn't because they have to wait for me to graduate and be financially independent.

So, I have been reading a lot online on BTO, Resale and Condo.

I have not made up my mind as of now.

BTO seems cheapest and I wouldn't have to worry much about huge loan repayments in an era of rising interest rates for the next decade. However I can only apply for 2 room when I reach 35. I am still a bit far from that age.

Resale gives me an option of buying in a location that I like with no limitations of flat size. Of course this option also means lease decay challenges as time passes.

Sadly, both the above BTO and Resale are non starters for me as I am currently single and no ready girlfriend to get married to.

Now I kind of regret breaking off with my girlfriend of more than 9 years since junior college days, otherwise, these two options would have been readily available for me.

For condominium, with current prices, I think I can only afford, with a sizable loan, plus friendly parental financial assistance, a small little one bedroom, freehold, in good central city fringe locations.

I am apprehensive about taking huge loans, mainly because I have seen my senior friends having to downgrade or move back to their parents' homes or HDBs, because they have over stretched their financial abilities due to changes in their career paths and finances.

An acquaintance from university that I recently met in NS ICT, who is a property agent, suggested to me that I should buy a condominium and leverage on my current youth and borrowing abilities. He says it's stupid not to do so when I am already working and young.

After which, he suggested that I rent the condo unit out to offset loan repayments, and continue to stay with parents.

Do you think it's a good idea?

I mean I am so so with the property agent's idea.

It doesn't achieve my foremost objective on having a place of my own and leading a more independent life that my parents and myself wanted to.

The last option of course is to rent, which achieve my foremost objective, but it's like I wouldn't be able to reap any capital gains in future. It's feels like a pure out and out expenditure from my monthly salary.

Any good and genuine advice from learned seniors in this forum who are good in managing their finances and investment?

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How about u stand naked and masturbating in front of this lady
1656816884395.png

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
From now for the next 3 years will be the worst time to get a house. Geo-political instability, raising interest rates and insane property prices mean your chance of capital lost is much higher than capital gains. Property prices going against the direction Gov wants to see and making new highs will mean tougher counter measures will be implemented to curb the property bubble. Golden Rule #1 ~ Never bet against the government/ policy makers.

China has taken the lead to curb property prices. US FOMC in the latest statement warned of a housing "reset". The warning shots are loud so don't be stupid. Stay with your parents, build up our finances and wait for the impending crash.

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why not? You can swim, gym and play tennis everyday in a condo.
I live near a public pool, tennis courts, badminton courts and fully-equipped gym. I feel like I'm living in a condominium.

The difference is I pay per use, and save on the monthly maintenance fees that living in a condominium will require.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I live near a public pool, tennis courts, badminton courts and fully-equipped gym. I feel like I'm living in a condominium.

The difference is I pay per use, and save on the monthly maintenance fees that living in a condominium will require.

Public pool: water is salty.
Public tennis courts: always fully booked and high chance of encountering assholes.
Public gym: more assholes and perverts. Machine hoggers. Grunters.

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Public pool: water is salty.
Public tennis courts: always fully booked and high chance of encountering assholes.
Public gym: more assholes and perverts. Machine hoggers. Grunters.

You are right.

I will advise the TS to buy a condo away from Chennai Business Park. If you live in Melville Park, you will not want to dip yourself in the private pool.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been living with my parents since I was conceived. I think it's fine time I get a place of my own.

My parents are supportive of "getting rid" of me so that they do not have to cook, tidy the house that I frequently mess up, and do my laundry.

They tell me they are retiring soon and their desires to lead their last stage of their lives holidaying, and doing things they have always wanted to do, but couldn't because they have to wait for me to graduate and be financially independent.

So, I have been reading a lot online on BTO, Resale and Condo.

I have not made up my mind as of now.

BTO seems cheapest and I wouldn't have to worry much about huge loan repayments in an era of rising interest rates for the next decade. However I can only apply for 2 room when I reach 35. I am still a bit far from that age.

Resale gives me an option of buying in a location that I like with no limitations of flat size. Of course this option also means lease decay challenges as time passes.

Sadly, both the above BTO and Resale are non starters for me as I am currently single and no ready girlfriend to get married to.

Now I kind of regret breaking off with my girlfriend of more than 9 years since junior college days, otherwise, these two options would have been readily available for me.

For condominium, with current prices, I think I can only afford, with a sizable loan, plus friendly parental financial assistance, a small little one bedroom, freehold, in good central city fringe locations.

I am apprehensive about taking huge loans, mainly because I have seen my senior friends having to downgrade or move back to their parents' homes or HDBs, because they have over stretched their financial abilities due to changes in their career paths and finances.

An acquaintance from university that I recently met in NS ICT, who is a property agent, suggested to me that I should buy a condominium and leverage on my current youth and borrowing abilities. He says it's stupid not to do so when I am already working and young.

After which, he suggested that I rent the condo unit out to offset loan repayments, and continue to stay with parents.

I mean I am so so with the property agent's idea.

It doesn't achieve my foremost objective on having a place of my own and leading a more independent life that my parents and myself wanted to.

The last option of course is to rent, which achieve my foremost objective, but it's like I wouldn't be able to reap any capital gains in future. It's feels like a pure out and out expenditure from my monthly salary.

Any good and genuine advice from learned seniors in this forum who are good in managing their finances and investment?
What fuckup parents you have ? Asking you take loan and work till you die and they ownself leetire and go travelling ? Bloodlee hell ask them pay for your condo 1st bear learn money then go travelling lah KNN

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal

This type of CB Kia friend I will avoid at all costs.

You buy a condo, he earns a commission. Then you take a loan, he earns another commission. Then you rent out your condominium, he also earns a commission.

This type of CB Kia will leech on his friends and run circles around them.

When your finance is overstretched, he will ask you to sell your condominium, and he earns a commission. Then he will ask you to buy a resale HDB, and he earns another commission. He will recommend you to take up a private bank loan, and again he earns a commission.

If you have a beautiful wife, he will ask you to pimp your wife. He will find the customers, and he will earn a commission. :o-o: :eek:

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal

You buy a condo, he earns a commission. Then you take a loan, he earns another commission. Then you rent out your condominium, he also earns a commission.

When your finance is overstretched, he will ask you to sell your condominium, and he earns a commission. Then he will ask you to buy a resale HDB, and he earns another commission. He will recommend you to take up a private bank loan, and again he earns a commission.

If you have a beautiful wife, he will ask you to pimp your wife. He will find the customers, and he will earn a commission. :o-o: :eek:
Avoid all Property agents, Insurance Agents or whoever Financial Consultants. They are no different from Durian Sellers or Scammers. It's a fact.

ShyGuy

Alfrescian
Loyal
From now for the next 3 years will be the worst time to get a house. Geo-political instability, raising interest rates and insane property prices mean your chance of capital lost is much higher than capital gains. Property prices going against the direction Gov wants to see and making new highs will mean tougher counter measures will be implemented to curb the property bubble. Golden Rule #1 ~ Never bet against the government/ policy makers.

China has taken the lead to curb property prices. US FOMC in the latest statement warned of a housing "reset". The warning shots are loud so don't be stupid. Stay with your parents, build up our finances and wait for the impending crash.
Singapore property market doesn't seem to crash or drop. If one does not buy earlier, the later one waits, the more psf one has to fork out in future.

ShyGuy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Are you sure they are that unscrupulous?

ShyGuy

Alfrescian
Loyal
What fuckup parents you have ? Asking you take loan and work till you die and they ownself leetire and go travelling ? Bloodlee hell ask them pay for your condo 1st bear learn money then go travelling lah KNN
I am sure they have their own reasons for doing so. Anyway, I also feel that I have leeched on them for too long and it's time I learn to live by myself.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looking at his posts you will see his fucked-up BigCockMan personona was inherited from his parents.