• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Should CST still go for the next election?

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
164589_10150105571236383_14440041382_7462230_1641107_n.jpg

Seeing this photo, I can't help feeling sad for CST. At this age and he is still fighting. Do we really want him to continue to work at this old age?

Likewise for LKY, he should also step down.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
He might feel that he can still work so give the man a chance lah....not all old people can take staying at home and wait for migration into nither world one...it might do him more worst then good lor...

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY 12 yrs older .

I think CST got poisoned by either all the dinners or the
water in Potong Pasir no good for drinking .

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
164589_10150105571236383_14440041382_7462230_1641107_n.jpg

Seeing this photo, I can't help feeling sad for CST. At this age and he is still fighting. Do we really want him to continue to work at this old age?

Likewise for LKY, he should also step down.

All looked like brokeback cowboys except KJ. GMS and GG looked humoring the ocassion. CST looked clueless and bentback cow-uncle. CSJ and CTL looked the happiest couple. I don't understand why the imitating of PAP members holding hands or locking arms in such an event. They're comrades in the same party for heaven's sake. You all are strange bedfellows who wouldn't hesitate to stab on each others' back. If there's unity, there wouldn't be six parties with combined manpower less than a PAP branch.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't understand why the imitating of PAP members holding hands or locking arms in such an event. They're comrades in the same party for heaven's sake. You all are strange bedfellows who wouldn't hesitate to stab on each others' back. If there's unity, there wouldn't be six parties with combined manpower less than a PAP branch.

They are allies for a common purpose, wheater or not unity or explicit agreement has been worked out are secondary to them.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CST should stand if he wants to. It's more symbolic than anything else - for the longest time, this has been his ward...

Paraphrased from news article about Tanjong Pagar.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
In a normal democracy , a firm no in view of his frail health. But in this false democracy where there is no level playing ground, a vote for him is a clear signal that people are not at all pleased with PAP.

Voters of Potong Pasir have repeatedly returned him as an MP and I think as the years went by, it was not that he he could do much but to show their resolve and carry the3 burden for the rest of Singapore.

People need to understand that every vote has 2 parts - one a signal to the government and the other a vote to get things done. Obviously one signal is still strong.

ps. I do feel sorry see him in this conditions but I think he realises the bruden that he has to carry.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CST should go for it. He won't be a loser. It is very much a win-win situation for him. If he kicks WKS out, he would go down in history as the first opposition chap to win in a single seat ward as well as a GRC. If he loses to WKS, he can walk away with head held high. I am sure, even if CST loses against WKS and company, CST and team will get at least 40% of the votes.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Frankly, I think CST should just take a back seat and throw his full weight behind the oppo in general. He has done enough.He can continue to be a shining beacon and a rallying point but healthwise, he should not be a candidate. In the photo, he looked so frail that it feels like he will collapse anytime without somebody holding onto his hand. Can he cope with the rigours of the next GE?

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes. got for grc. this is his last chance looking at his health and they should not be shy and pitch their election image thus, it would be cst's swan song and let's support him get a grc.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
CST should go for it. He won't be a loser. It is very much a win-win situation for him. If he kicks WKS out, he would go down in history as the first opposition chap to win in a single seat ward as well as a GRC. If he loses to WKS, he can walk away with head held high. I am sure, even if CST loses against WKS and company, CST and team will get at least 40% of the votes.

No doubt his team will get a decent shot against WKS, but the disappointment with CST is that he doesn't appear to be able to control his own party.
The recent spat with Desmond Lim has left a big question mark on PP.
Don't understand why they like to shoot their own feet all the time....

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frankly, I think CST should just take a back seat and throw his full weight behind the oppo in general. He has done enough.He can continue to be a shining beacon and a rallying point but healthwise, he should not be a candidate. In the photo, he looked so frail that it feels like he will collapse anytime without somebody holding onto his hand. Can he cope with the rigours of the next GE?

After seeing this photo, he really looks in frail health and the question is not whether he can perform the duties of a MP but do we really want him to carry on for the people in this state when he should really have a good rest?

The recovery from stroke attack and still standing alongside with these opposition politicians, symbolize the epitome of true grit in working for the people. Hopefully, this photo can spur the opposition to greater heights and take on more responsibilities so that politicians like CST can take a back seat

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
No doubt his team will get a decent shot against WKS, but the disappointment with CST is that he doesn't appear to be able to control his own party.
The recent spat with Desmond Lim has left a big question mark on PP.
Don't understand why they like to shoot their own feet all the time....

Sometimes we may not agree with the ideals and running style of others, but if its for a common cause and greater good, then there must be some form of compromise.

Tan Kim Kim

Alfrescian
Loyal
dmd5py.jpg

Originally Posted by NamQiong
Let provide more details here.

Back in the old forum at delphi, there was already plenty of mudslingings going on over GMS's conduct to some elderlies in an AMK coffeeshop. According to eye witnesses, he and some guys threaten a couple of uncles over some misunderstanding. Then a forummer (can't remember the nick) posted a link which indicated GMS had visited this site www.sggirls.com, where all kind saucy pictures of young girls (some even in sec school uniform) that is sexual in nature. You can visit this site to see for yourself. GMS blew his top and launched a tirade against this forummer that is worse that what he did now. TODAY newspaper reported about it and WP Low Thia Khiang called for a meeting to blast GMS and imposed restrictions on internet posting. GMS objected and LowTK asked to fuck off from WP. Chia TL also resigned in protest because he was also very active defending GMS in the forum. After leaving WP, GMS then boasted in the forum that LTK and SL begged him to stay but he wanted to do something "bigger".

GMS then posted in the forum that he wanted to set up a new party by himself. He wanted to name it "New Workers' Party". All the WP forum members promptly fucked him upside down, and he abandon the idea. Then he joined NSP and bragged about his plan to set up a training course for training politicians and he will act as a "mentor" for them. Yes, don't laugh, that is what he posted in the forum. Well, this loud-mouth egoistic I-am-better-than-everyone GMS abandon his plan when he find that it was the joke of the town.
:oIo:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes we may not agree with the ideals and running style of others, but if its for a common cause and greater good, then there must be some form of compromise.

Say what u like about Papee, u have to take your hat off to them for their party discipline. Even though it is certain that there are some members with axes to grind, they "don't" spat openly.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a reason why their "spats" are seldom seen in the open. No journalist will ever report it. Its a no go zone.

When there are hints of something going on within the PAP that is not kosher and it appears on the internet, it is quickly dismissed as rumours because the media will not follow it. While the same is not true of the opposition.

fuckwarezone was not purchased by Amnesty International or an independent group. It was purchased by SPH and its fit to the organisation other than control is terms of moderation is not known.

We have been conditioned so well that we actually think there is nothing wrong going on in PAP amongst its members. We seldom seem to seek to find the answers and assume quickly that it should be fine as there is no formal body to validate it.

Say what u like about Papee, u have to take your hat off to them for their party discipline. Even though it is certain that there are some members with axes to grind, they "don't" spat openly.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a reason why their "spats" are seldom seen in the open. No journalist will ever report it. Its a no go zone.

hahaha...but then we have Sammyboy what.
we have Scroobal, dragon and other senior brothers and sisters....
we depend on you guys to spill the beans...