• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Shooting oneself in the foot: PAP’s screw up of the reserve elections for EP

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Show me "the law which says that in the event of a 50-50 tie, the deciding factor becomes the race of the father"?

Are you stupid or something? Is the Pink IC a legal document, recognized by all levels of the govt? If you answer yes to this, then simply ask Halimah to show you what race she is has in her IC. It will say Indian. Why? Because it follows the father's ethnicity. Even though the father is only a 50% contributor to her DNA. But of course, this very simple and legal way to verify a person's race is not acceptable to u. Since independence, every pink IC issued has followed the father's ethnicity, regardless of what permutation of mixed marriages you can come up with, and what ever 50-50 tie there is. U ask me which law? I ask u to simply look at any mixed race's IC. U have a friend who is 50-50 mix, ask them to show u their IC. U think Vivian's IC says chinese or Indian? Your PAP cocksucking is getting in the way of your logical thinking, if you had any in the first place.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
she needs to take a dna test at ancestry.com

period.

That is exactly my point to PAPtader. Its so easy right? DNA tests are quite accurate nowadays, and combined with a genealogy study, should be pretty much certain proof of the race of the person.

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you stupid or something? Is the Pink IC a legal document, recognized by all levels of the govt? If you answer yes to this, then simply ask Halimah to show you what race she is has in her IC. It will say Indian. Why? Because it follows the father's ethnicity. Even though the father is only a 50% contributor to her DNA. But of course, this very simple and legal way to verify a person's race is not acceptable to u. Since independence, every pink IC issued has followed the father's ethnicity, regardless of what permutation of mixed marriages you can come up with, and what ever 50-50 tie there is. U ask me which law? I ask u to simply look at any mixed race's IC. U have a friend who is 50-50 mix, ask them to show u their IC. U think Vivian's IC says chinese or Indian? Your PAP cocksucking is getting in the way of your logical thinking, if you had any in the first place.

One's NRIC is arguably no longer necessarily conclusive at first blush. Mixed-race parents can now pick the classification and it does not have to be strictly patrilineal - it is a matter of choice. And you can change the permutation if you change your mind later.

So someone born and identified as Indian-Chinese by the parents can later on change it to Chinese-Indian if so inclined.

ScreenShot2017-08-05at2.47.18PM.png

ScreenShot2017-08-05at2.50.28PM.png

ScreenShot2017-08-05at2.50.48PM.png

ScreenShot2017-08-05at2.51.00PM.png

ScreenShot2017-08-05at2.51.11PM.png

ScreenShot2017-08-05at2.51.26PM.png

ScreenShot2017-08-05at2.51.39PM.png

https://www.ica.gov.sg/news_details.aspx?nid=12443

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

So what is the best course of action for the determination of a "Malay", "Chinese" or "Indian"? A "genealogy test"??? When you yourself stated in your very first post in this thread you started that "they did not take into account candidates who were a mix race, but still look like Malays"???

How will your favoured "genealogy test" proved that which is already known, i.e. that HY is a "mix race" of Indian and Malay? What comes next after the "genealogy test" proves that she is indeed an Indian-Malay "mix race"? A Sammyboy forum poll of 15+ "non-bias" people like you? Or by detractors who were nowhere to be found when HY lived her life as a Malay, and was declared a Malay by the MCC four times in 17 years between 2001 to 2015?

I have already answered your question, but you are foaming at the mouth like the PAP porlumpar that you are. So, I will reply to it again. If the DNA test and genealogy study proves what we already know, i.e. that halimah is a mixed race, then she cannot be run in this coming EP. She is qualified to run in the EP reserved for Indians and Other Races. But just not this one. Which part are you confused about?

The PAP wants to manipulate and control this EP to prevent TCB and other notables from running against their favoured candidate. So, they write up an amendment. Just because they put in a so call "mechanism" in place to determine the eligibility of a candidate, such mechanism consisting of a committee of 16 people all appointed by the PM, it does not mean that it is the right, fair or proper way to determine eligibility. Only a die hard PAP supporter will argue that is the right way to do it. If it is, then why are there so much controversy over this, in the local AND International press?

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He is branding Ptader of all people a PAP porlumpar. Are you ok with that.

PAP porlumpar, no. I hv never labelled him a PAP stooge. This is a guy who fought in the trenches with JBJ, and for this I respect him. He has more right than anyone here, myself included, to cast aspersions on WP Baru under LTK.

But I'm calling him out on his lack of objectivity and disingenuousness on issues that rile him and undermine his conservative social mores: social safety nets, progressive taxation, minority rights.

That's when the profanities, ad hominem and strawman arguments, less-than-honest fudgings on matters of the law, and emotional rantings appear. Also a prurient obsesion with basic bodily functions. And prone to stalking.

That aside, a valuable contributor who has provided much clarity on many issues. Absolutely nothing personal here - we're after all a bunch of anonymous monikers.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not you bro. You never labelled anyone wrongly. I meant the other chap.

We some times become arseholes when topics are close to us and the biggest culprit is yours truly and you know that I do not have to convince you. Especially when we have a bigger arsehole in the form of the PAP that deliberately interprets laws for its own interest. What they did to Tang Liang Hong and his family was a travesty of justice. He was labelled as racist (chinese chauvinist) when he turned out to have friends who are non chinese and not just acquaintances.

WP baru was an affliction and I too railed against that . I put it down to PTSD from the wars with the PAP and we all have it in one form or another.

PAP porlumpar, no. I hv never labelled him a PAP stooge. This is a guy who fought in the trenches with JBJ, and for this I respect him. He has more right than anyone here, myself included, to cast aspersions on WP Baru under LTK.

But I'm calling him out on his lack of objectivity and disingenuousness on issues that rile him and undermine his conservative social mores: social safety nets, progressive taxation, minority rights.

That's when the profanities, ad hominem and strawman arguments, less-than-honest fudgings on matters of the law, and emotional rantings appear. Also a prurient obsesion with basic bodily functions. And prone to stalking.

That aside, a valuable contributor who has provided much clarity on many issues. Absolutely nothing personal here - we're after all a bunch of anonymous monikers.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
One's NRIC is arguably no longer necessarily conclusive at first blush. Mixed-race parents can now pick the classification and it does not have to be strictly patrilineal - it is a matter of choice. And you can change the permutation if you change your mind later.

So someone born and identified as Indian-Chinese by the parents can later on change it to Chinese-Indian if so inclined.

No kidding. An official document uses the words "double-barrelled". Sinkapore is truly sunk.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have spoilt the votes..ever since the voting for EP started...we are paying too much money for their own people, whose job is to " kiss babies", " rubber stamp documents", " attend official functions"..."stir nasi briyani once a year"...a job, in which, we can get anyone to do for say 30K a year, other than paying one that reaped millions...no wonder that the "ex-jaga" daughter , is putting up a classic Indian Movie moves..." want, don't want!, shy, coy!"..might as well, dance round the coconut tree.

The point is, I do not see the need for an EP..especially the candidates are always "their own people", it is an insult to our intelligence....as usual, I will spoil the vote.:p

Just vote the "other" candidate. If luck would have it, we will get another 34% President.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

No one born in 2011 and since then, is eligible to run in the EP. Prior to the implementation of this policy, what was the old policy? Follow father's race? yes or no? I am happy for future Presidents elected 40 years from now, because their parent can chose what race to label them as. I am talking about today. What is the race on Halimah's IC? Indian or not?

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course, you are right, no furore in the international press,, must have been only local coverage started by people like me. BTW, i did a very quick google search and already found an article on it from South China Morning Post, definitely a more reputable publication then the SHit times or any of those above news outlet you mention.

http://www.scmp.com/week-asia/politics/article/2104516/singapore-how-malay-malay

Or how about this from an Aussie Institute?

http://www.internationalaffairs.org.au/ao-blog-post/singapore-elected-presidency-under-fire/

How about Yahoo? Are they a worthless news outlet too?

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/changes-to-elected-presidency-are-pretext-to-080110553.html

Ok, I am tired now of doing your work. If you think the international press did not take notice, then of course, you must be right. No matter how many examples I bring up, PAP porlumpars like u can believe what u want.

These few media reports by the international media on the issue qualify as "furores"??? Here's a definition of "furore" for you:

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/furore

Furore - An outbreak of public anger or excitement

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
So Halimah can once again be a candidate if the next "reserved" EP's race is Indian??

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
And have you shown me where in the Women's Charter does it say that a marriage solemnized between two members of the opposite sex, i.e. legal at the time of union, becomes void if one spouse undergoes a sex change after marriage?

I crafted a reply for you with all the love I could muster, used blue fonts, bold text, etc as well as broke the long reply up into four easily understood and digestible answers for you, and yet you pursue with your claim that I have not answered your questions??? Bonut beat me to pointing the obvious to you in Msg 68 of that thread, i.e. "that if the statute mentions "A", it doesn't specifically preclude "B". However, the same argument can be adopted vis-a-vis the phrase "at the date of marriage" in that it does not specifically preclude "after the date of marriage". I think this is where context comes into play."

(Note I have used pink fonts this time instead of my usual blue which I believe will help you understand better. See how considerate I am?)

Rich, isn't it, seeing that you're demanding the same of Papsmearer. Papsmearer might be a little careless with the law, but you tried to defend your (indefensible) stand to the hilt by inventing your own law – which is downright dishonest, and a lot worse than being careless.

I invented my own law??? When the WC was readily available, all splayed open and waiting for you to feast your eyes on and lovingly ravished it??? I am prepared to bet my ageing but virgin butthole for you to ravish that you didn't even bother to read the whole WC, hence this ongoing ignorance.

Or are you stalking Papsmearer and picking on him because he called you a 'homophobic bigot'? That's vindictiveness for you.

Trust me, I have been called worse names. Being called a "homophobic bigot" is not an insult. It's a compliment of the highest order that anyone can bestow upon me. I accept it as a badge of honour when faggots call me "homophobic bigot", their usual tiresome cries when they want their butt fucking in shit-filled arseholes to be accepted as "normal".

There, I pushed the wrong buttons again, so I'll take my leave.

Please do. Otherwise this thread will be hijacked and derailed by your irrelevant gay nonsense again. Start a new thread on your gay issues that I know is very close to your heart and butthole. .

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is what you stated:

The law says that in the event of a 50-50 tie, the deciding factor becomes the race of the father, which in Halimah's case means she is an Indian. Got it?

There's no law governing your claim that "in the event of a 50-50 tie, the deciding factor becomes the race of the father". Absolutely none. Calling me "stupid", "PAP cocksucker", etc will not change this simple fact.

As Ho Peng Kee, then SMOS, Home Affairs, stated in Parliament on 12 January 2010 during his "Ethnicity on Identity Card" response to Hri Kumar who had raised this "double-barreled race" issue as a parliamentary question, "The Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) is not the authority or expert on "race" and that "the Government does not assign race to a person but follows the general rule that a child's race would follow that of his or her father".

So, it's a "general rule" following the social conventions of a patriarchal society that Singapore is, but not a "law" as you claimed. Now, before you get all excited about "laws" vis-a-vis "rules", even this rule is not cast in stone and is flexible.

The Registration of Births and Death Rules do not require a child's race to be recorded. But if it is, it's done "provisionally". When the kid turns 15 and needs to register for an IC, race is then recorded. But the recorded race can be changed at any time by the parents or by the kid (after 21). It can be changed a max of two times (before and after 21 years).

Contrary to your claim, even before this double-barrelled option came into force on 01 January 2011, parents had the option to select either the father's or mother's race for their kid. That most opted for the father's is nothing more than a reflection of the social conventions of Singapore as a patriarchal society.

[TBC in next post for bite-sized clarity. See how fucking considerate I am? I hope St Yellowarse, patron saint for single women who like to splay their legs open, pop out babies and then demand to feed on taxpayers' titties, nominates me to his good buddy in heaven to be a patron saint for courtesy and consideration.]

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
contd...

Now to your "But of course, this very simple and legal way to verify a person's race is not acceptable to u."

It's now about what is "acceptable" to me. It's about what the law states contrary to your strident but erroneous claims.

I have already pointed out to you the existence of Sections 8A - 8F of the "Presidential Elections Act (Cap 240A)". It covers the determination of "race" very clearly and extensively.

If you feel so strongly that the "race" on NRIC for mixed-races should be taken as the "law" and not the social convention rule for which it was based upon; and that the race on the IC should overide the existing laws that spell out and govern this race issue for the PE, I urge you to see CSJ and the SDP to agitate for the results of the GE they have contested in where HY stood in as a "Malay" to be overturned as:

1. HY must have made and submitted a false declaration to the MCC wrt her "race" and/or

2. The Chairman and four members of the Malay Community Committee, all of whom are Malays who, whilst acting under the ambit of the Parliamentary Elections Act, must have decided erroneously or corruptly or with bias and prejudice, in certifying HY as a "Malay" which then allowed her to stand as a "Malay" candidate in Singapore's General Elections over a lengthy period of 17 years.