• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Shockshit where are you ?

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Erm, I have to be honest.. I've met most sinkies, they are all similar... similar thoughts, similar plans, similar jobs., monkeys see monkeys do.. No one ever bother to mix with other circle of frz.. the business class migrants.. why them ? Coz these ppl will share with you the diff perspectives in life and business.. opportunities for sinkies are extremely rare esp when they can't differentiate between advice in-house rules, laws/Act and guidelines.

To them everything is illegal .. pengz..

but what i am saying is that there are still opportunities out there for S'poreans to pursue and persist...

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
you have a point on the general risk averse nature of singgies...but i think attitudes have and are changing...it is now starting from the school level...also this recession shall ironically push singgies to take more risks...

on the 'illegal' issue...well i think this is a complex issue and a fine line balance has to be met...there is alot of good to be said for integrity, responsibility and honesty in the business world...something which the whole world in particular the americans are now coming to realise, understand and appreciate...
Erm, I have to be honest.. I've met most sinkies, they are all similar... similar thoughts, similar plans, similar jobs., monkeys see monkeys do.. No one ever bother to mix with other circle of frz.. the business class migrants.. why them ? Coz these ppl will share with you the diff perspectives in life and business.. opportunities for sinkies are extremely rare esp when they can't differentiate between advice in-house rules, laws/Act and guidelines.

To them everything is illegal .. pengz..

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
SG system can hardly change its ppl..
1) From its laws - always guilty unless proven innocent...
2) To the NS - the obeying process for 2.5yrs and.. the only replies in NS are : "Yes Sir & No Sir..."
3) Stepping out in workforce - you have laws that disadvantage you.. 5 in a group is illegal.. Big daddy's negligence cannot be sued.. discrimination of ppl above 40s.. bla bla bla..

We want creative and innovative ppl, yet we have layers and layers of permits, approvals, censorship etc to discourage ppl to be bold.. So you believe it will change ? Haha.. by the time i return in 20yrs, Sinkies will be forever obedient senior officers instead of businessmen who beat the rules and stay ahead.. We hv scholars or relatives to manage the State companies dont we ?

you have a point on the general risk averse nature of singgies...but i think attitudes have and are changing...it is now starting from the school level...also this recession shall ironically push singgies to take more risks...

on the 'illegal' issue...well i think this is a complex issue and a fine line balance has to be met...there is alot of good to be said for integrity, responsibility and honesty in the business world...something which the whole world in particular the americans are now coming to realise, understand and appreciate...

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think you are looking at what is happening in s'pore from a narrow perspective...it is very much a dynamic and fluid process...as for your 20 years projection, well let's just say that you do not appear in tune with what is going in s'pore society today from generation x, y, z and beyond's perspective...

SG system can hardly change its ppl..
1) From its laws - always guilty unless proven innocent...
2) To the NS - the obeying process for 2.5yrs and.. the only replies in NS are : "Yes Sir & No Sir..."
3) Stepping out in workforce - you have laws that disadvantage you.. 5 in a group is illegal.. Big daddy's negligence cannot be sued.. discrimination of ppl above 40s.. bla bla bla..

We want creative and innovative ppl, yet we have layers and layers of permits, approvals, censorship etc to discourage ppl to be bold.. So you believe it will change ? Haha.. by the time i return in 20yrs, Sinkies will be forever obedient senior officers instead of businessmen who beat the rules and stay ahead.. We hv scholars or relatives to manage the State companies dont we ?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
well good luck to you...you appear to have found what you have been looking for...i think that is what every person should be trying to do...for you, i guess you had to leave singapore to find 'it'...but i don't think that is necessarily the case for everyone else...
I'm not in the position to judge since I left SG 5yrs ago. Ok ok .. you might be right.. Heehee..

As far as I am concern, I am leading my way, doing everything in a Yes-way.. that's all i care :smile:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
well good luck to you...you appear to have found what you have been looking for...i think that is what every person should be trying to do...for you, i guess you had to leave singapore to find 'it'...but i don't think that is necessarily the case for everyone else...

Yes. It is not everyone's cuppa.. Not all achieved what they set out prior to their departure.. It is a tedious journey. Only Commandos should apply.