• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Shocking fact about this year's GE

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Are you ready for a shocking FACT from this year's GE? Many S'poreans has speculated about the influence on the elections that new citizens had. I am here to present this fact and dispel any notions that the PAP relies on their votes to win. The PAP does not give a damn about their votes. They never needed them, and its very poor policy to base your election hopes on a mercenary group of people who are treating their S'pore citizenships as a stepping stone to a better country.

What if I told you that the PAP could have retained power and formed the majority in Parliament, and govern the country winning only 30.285% of all valid votes cast!. That's right. They only need a little over 30%, which means they don't really need new citizens at all.

Based on our first past the post election system, a simple majority wins all the seats in the GRC or SMC. Since we have 93 seats in Parliament, the PAP only needs to win 47 seats to pass any bills it wants that is not related to the Constitution. I analyzed the results, and concluded that the PAP only needed to win the GRCs of West Coast (5 seats), Tanjong Pagar (5), Tampines (5), Sembawang (5), Nee Soon (5), Marine Parade (5), East Coast (5), Marsiling (4), Jalan Besar (4), and Chua Chu Kang (4). This gives them 47 seats. Based on their GE results this year, 755,485 people voted for the PAP in these GRCs. The total number of valid votes cast was 2,494,537. Which works out to 30.285% for these GRCs. The shocking fact is that 69% of the people could have voted for the Opposition, and the PAP would have still won!!

This is why the Elections department is under the direct control of the Prime Minister's office, and that is why they gerrymander every election to break up oppo strong points and use analytics and research to create wards that will favour them. They don't need the new citizen votes. And as a backup, the PAP has the Worker's Party aka Wayang Party, who have voted with the PAP on over 90% of all the bills passed in Parliament. Including the bill which called for this election in the middle of a pandemic. The fact that you are reading this from me, a nobody native son of S'pore, and not from the Wayang Party with 10 MPs and millions of $ of salary a year tells you the whole story. Sorry to be so depressing.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you ready for a shocking FACT from this year's GE? Many S'poreans has speculated about the influence on the elections that new citizens had. I am here to present this fact and dispel any notions that the PAP relies on their votes to win. The PAP does not give a damn about their votes. They never needed them, and its very poor policy to base your election hopes on a mercenary group of people who are treating their S'pore citizenships as a stepping stone to a better country.

What if I told you that the PAP could have retained power and formed the majority in Parliament, and govern the country winning only 30.285% of all valid votes cast!. That's right. They only need a little over 30%, which means they don't really need new citizens at all.

Based on our first past the post election system, a simple majority wins all the seats in the GRC or SMC. Since we have 93 seats in Parliament, the PAP only needs to win 47 seats to pass any bills it wants that is not related to the Constitution. I analyzed the results, and concluded that the PAP only needed to win the GRCs of West Coast (5 seats), Tanjong Pagar (5), Tampines (5), Sembawang (5), Nee Soon (5), Marine Parade (5), East Coast (5), Marsiling (4), Jalan Besar (4), and Chua Chu Kang (4). This gives them 47 seats. Based on their GE results this year, 755,485 people voted for the PAP in these GRCs. The total number of valid votes cast was 2,494,537. Which works out to 30.285% for these GRCs. The shocking fact is that 69% of the people could have voted for the Opposition, and the PAP would have still won!!

This is why the Elections department is under the direct control of the Prime Minister's office, and that is why they gerrymander every election to break up oppo strong points and use analytics and research to create wards that will favour them. They don't need the new citizen votes. And as a backup, the PAP has the Worker's Party aka Wayang Party, who have voted with the PAP on over 90% of all the bills passed in Parliament. Including the bill which called for this election in the middle of a pandemic. The fact that you are reading this from me, a nobody native son of S'pore, and not from the Wayang Party with 10 MPs and millions of $ of salary a year tells you the whole story. Sorry to be so depressing.
PAP all most lots Wet Coats leh. Argue man falls a part. :cautious:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

人算不如天算. Next GE is a game changer. CAQ Pinky is the elephant in the room which need to be sack.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
when Josephine can win Jalan Besar by 65% vs 60.1% national average, I can only say most Singaporeans are selfish.
They want opposition but not in their wards.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
during my time in the 70s, my classmates parents are hawkers, labourers, mostly humble, poor people
only last 3 decades RI students become elite class
till today i have got classmates that are just getting by and some just barely hanging on...
Hang on with PAP side. They got your back. :cool: