• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

sharing your body art ;)

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Having A Broad Chest Is Nice

alamak since when did i say that? I just wrote that a tattoo wouldn't look that good on a small body in the sense that since the person's bod is small it's harder to see the tattoo properly compared to a bigger sized person that's it. I didn't mention anything about beating up ppl or what it was ram that got sensitive about it claiming he still manages to beat up bigger ppl and that's good for him but it has nothing to do with tattoes.

Small body ... this reminds me of the broad chest that looks good on a person with broad shoulders. Your shoulders (clavicles, aka collar bones) will grow outward if you are often using or stressing your arms in your youth. And by doing bench presses, your chest or pecs (pectorals) will stretch out nicely. You will look good with it and not being cramped within that small frame.

Do you know Joscelin Yeo, our ex national swimmer ? I can still vividly remember when she had finished her race, she swam to the side and she pushed or pressed herself up ... wah ! Those back muscles and cutting ... all the guys must have wanted her broad shoulders as well as that great back of hers.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Strength, Speed, and Techniques

he old liao la....he should retired long ago when he was in his mid late 30s...now 40 something still come out and fight...

even lose to a new bird 20 something gracies...that spells the end his nickname of gracie hunter. Then again i respect him as a warrior, still fighting at that age.

his 90 mins match against royce gracie is already a legend/classic in MMA history. till now i still enjoyed it.i like Wanderlei Silva too, super solid stand up fighter. he change the view of general public that grappling is the way to go by punishing all those that grappler blindly, when there is a period of time almost every tom, dick and harry goes into grappling style thinking striking is secondary.

yes..i agree he should retired by now .
he is a Japanese professional mixed martial artist and former professional wrestler. he has competed in pro-wrestling for New Japan Pro Wrestling, UWFi and Kingdom Pro Wrestling . he is a master of double wrist lock ...he a IQ wrestler .

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Having A Broad Chest Is Nice

Small body ... this reminds me of the broad chest that looks good on a person with broad shoulders. Your shoulders (clavicles, aka collar bones) will grow outward if you are often using or stressing your arms in your youth. And by doing bench presses, your chest or pecs (pectorals) will stretch out nicely. You will look good with it and not being cramped within that small frame.

Do you know Joscelin Yeo, our ex national swimmer ? I can still vividly remember when she had finished her race, she swam to the side and she pushed or pressed herself up ... wah ! Those back muscles and cutting ... all the guys must have wanted her broad shoulders as well as that great back of hers.

Yup if you increase your lat spread you'll get wings too. Bruce lee was an example of a small person that had very big lat spread thus he had wings.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

he old liao la....he should retired long ago when he was in his mid late 30s...now 40 something still come out and fight...

even lose to a new bird 20 something gracies...that spells the end his nickname of gracie hunter. Then again i respect him as a warrior, still fighting at that age.

his 90 mins match against royce gracie is already a legend/classic in MMA history. till now i still enjoyed it.i like Wanderlei Silva too, super solid stand up fighter. he change the view of general public that grappling is the way to go by punishing all those that grappler blindly, when there is a period of time almost every tom, dick and harry goes into grappling style thinking striking is secondary.

in that match with gracie in 2007 he was found to be taking steroids.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal

in that match with gracie in 2007 he was found to be taking steroids.

Royce was the one taking steroid, not sakuraba. check your source again, everyone was laughing at the gracie for it then.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Royce was the one taking steroid, not sakuraba. check your source again, everyone was laughing at the gracie for it then.

yeah i meant gracie. Therefore that's not a fair match.

I'm sure the ang mohs and gracies are finding excuses to say he didn't actually beat him.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Old saying. 拳头怕少壮。That applies to moi too. Unlike younger days, I try avoid fights, settle and walkaway nowadays. Especially after medical problems and got hospitalized a few years ago, got to admit one's not young anymore. Seagal's aikido style isn't about speed. It's about standing still and loading up strength to react when attacked, a very defensive style not suitable for smaller people the size of Bruce Lee and Jet Li who have to train on agility to evade and speed to strike. If a smaller man takes the first few blows, and if these are professional blows, he's unlikely to last any further in the fight since even his agility would be affected by pain.

Last edited:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

when i first started MMA i already start fighting with bigger size guys from my club members . you have to be able to handle punches throw at you and you have to condition your body ...like my pits :wink:

Seems like we share a lot of interests here (save for the reptiles :eek:)

Lazy buggers like me can't be bothered to do MMA, too much conditioning and i don't really like fights. But when i do, i make sure its not the one on one that i can get out from, its the two or more on one i can get out from. KM simpler and much more efficient.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krav_Maga

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Seems like we share a lot of interests here (save for the reptiles :eek:)

Lazy buggers like me can't be bothered to do MMA, too much conditioning and i don't really like fights. But when i do, i make sure its not the one on one that i can get out from, its the two or more on one i can get out from. KM simpler and much more efficient.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krav_Maga

bro..then if we have a chance we should meet up ...by the way my grappling techniques sucks ..trying to improve on that ...im more like a stand up striker .

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

bro..then if we have a chance we should meet up ...by the way my grappling techniques sucks ..trying to improve on that ...im more like a stand up striker .

That would be more towards ground fighting/jujitsu bro, i'm more of a brawler (but smarter these days) than a striker. Yes when you are back in Singapore do let me know i'll see if i can borrow our dojo for a pointer session in the day

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

That would be more towards ground fighting/jujitsu bro, i'm more of a brawler (but smarter these days) than a striker. Yes when you are back in Singapore do let me know i'll see if i can borrow our dojo for a pointer session in the day

thankyou bro i will let you know in advance when im coming back ...by the way do you know where i can find a good full grain leather 4oz regulation weight, MMA gloves in singapore ?

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

thankyou bro i will let you know in advance when im coming back ...by the way do you know where i can find a good full grain leather 4oz regulation weight, MMA gloves in singapore ?

I would have to say Liang Seng at Marina Square, they are the carriers of most martial art items in Singapore. I heard of one shop at Bras Basah selling the same items but have never quite located it before.

For MMA gloves i would suggest buying it online (if shipping charges to Japan not too expensive) or from what i heard if you are in Bangkok, There is a shop at Lumpini Stadium which offers items very competitively that opens on weekends.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I would have to say Liang Seng at Marina Square, they are the carriers of most martial art items in Singapore. I heard of one shop at Bras Basah selling the same items but have never quite located it before.

For MMA gloves i would suggest buying it online (if shipping charges to Japan not too expensive) or from what i heard if you are in Bangkok, There is a shop at Lumpini Stadium which offers items very competitively that opens on weekends.

thankyou for the infor bro ...,MMA gloves in japan is too expensive but theres lots of design and colour to chose from . i never seen bangkok selling MMA gloves , only boxing gloves .

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

All the -tsu and -do have been scared by me into runroad. Come on out and fight it out with me to prove yourself right and win and the fight. I'm always ready to concede to an honorable defeat. Doctor says I've only limited time left anyway.

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

how heavy are you ah ram? what's your bodyfat percentage? How come you always seem so ready to have a go at ppl especially on a forum? Just an honest question do you have small man syndrome like you just need to prove to ppl that you'r not inferior to them due to your lack of height?

I'm neither a big nor small man. I'm an average mid man. BMI 25.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

All the -tsu and -do have been scared by me into runroad. Come on out and fight it out with me to prove yourself right and win and the fight. I'm always ready to concede to an honorable defeat. Doctor says I've only limited time left anyway.

dont underestimate jujitsu ..but its only useful in the ring and not street fights and its for one to one ..and you have to really condition your body to be able to take blow and move to a close combat . you also must have a quick mind to position yourself on your opponent in any angle, manipulating the opponent's force against himself rather than confronting it with one's own force . its not easy as it seems ...i have seen and try sparing with a jujitsu master ..its really a frustrating fight ..

seriously , what happen to your health ?

Last edited:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Sure, if you like your balls being kicked. Don't tempt me too much Vincent

krav-maga-krav-maga-demotivational-poster-1256514685.jpg

Last edited:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

thankyou for the infor bro ...,MMA gloves in japan is too expensive but theres lots of design and colour to chose from . i never seen bangkok selling MMA gloves , only boxing gloves .

I'll ask my contacts in Thailand if they have MMA gloves at Lumpini Stadium. But MMA gloves down here will be of limited design and colour, more for functionality.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I'll ask my contacts in Thailand if they have MMA gloves at Lumpini Stadium. But MMA gloves down here will be of limited design and colour, more for functionality.

of course functionality is important but design and colour also important to me too ...one of member in my club have a custom made MMA glove with doremon picture ...lol ...its cute . another guy have a japanese word " pain " printed on the gloves .

Last edited: