• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SG women chopes seat with tissue, chases angmo away

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the lady is alone and need to "chope" or reserve a seat, i can understand.

But if they are in a group, then someone should stay behind, until someone is back then he can go for his turn.

Choping the seats when in group just because no one want to sacrifice to stay behind and buy later, shows the ugly side of sinkaporean.

And some groups with 4 people would occupied the whole table with 6 seats. they selfishly prefer not to have "outsiders", even though it is a busy lunch hour when alot of "single" are looking for seats and holding their tray at the same time.

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
I absolutely hate the practice of using tissue papers to "chope" seats. This behaviour irks me alot. What I do not understand is that why can't somebody be seated behind and let others know that the seats are taken? What's so difficult about it? :mad:

jw5

Loyal
If the lady is alone and need to "chope" or reserve a seat, i can understand.

But if they are in a group, then someone should stay behind, until someone is back then he can go for his turn.

Choping the seats when in group just because no one want to sacrifice to stay behind and buy later, shows the ugly side of sinkaporean.

And some groups with 4 people would occupied the whole table with 6 seats. they selfishly prefer not to have "outsiders", even though it is a busy lunch hour when alot of "single" are looking for seats and holding their tray at the same time.
I agree that if they are in a group, someone or even 2 people can stay behind.
If I'm looking for a seat and a group of 4 are occupying a table for 6, I will simply sit down. If they object or claim the seat is taken, I will demand to see the rental agreement they signed for the table.

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
i applaud the woman to stand up against the ang mohs. Not happy go squat by the side and eat lah, like what our forefathers used to do.

KNN, they shld ask their forefathers when they colonise Asia / Africa, didn't they also chase away the original inhabitants? They did not even "chope" with tissue paper, they just come and chase them away. They are just getting their due desserts.

Well done- we shld stand by our rights more.

applaud the lady! keep up the spirit! Not like those sarong party gals, ang mo tua kee, so what?!

sinren67

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always wonder why the NEA refuse to hold a " NO Chop of Seats, We Are World Class Sinkie, OK" campaign.

"Don't Chop, You idiot"
"Keep Your Tissue Pack In Your Ass"

tiulehloumoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
I still think it is very wrong to use tissue paper to reserve seat, hawker centre is a public place, it is really very misleading to put tissue paper as a reserved sign.

Those white collar doing this are simply no brain, instead, they should ask a person sit there to keep new comer inform, if not, it is only effective to pull down their underwear to put on the seat.

Nobody will dare to remove the SMELLY underwear:p, the seat is safely secured.

If cannot pull down underwear, bra also can la.:p

Why so difficult leh, slim/thick sanitary pack or condom also can what......:biggrin:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In this case well i applaud the women for their act of chasing away those chao ang mohs but yet at the same time i know these sexist whores would have done it to anyone.

It's very interesting to see the social and racial dynamics at play here. Ang mohs top of the line in racist sinkeeland, next females or namely chinese females, next chinese males.

So u see when one from the lower hierachy tries to challenge another from the higher rung what happens.

If it was an ang moh char boh those whores were trying to chase away i think it would have gone both ways or maybe 1 way.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
a better idea, buy one of those tricks toy that look like a pile of shit & place it on the table. For sure, the whole table is yours without you needing to place tissue paper ...

facial

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always take those seats that comes with free tissue paper. Can use it to wipe my mouth and blow my nose.:biggrin:

When the ladies return to tell me that's their tissue, I glady return the packet of tissue to them and continue eating my food, ignoring what they have to say as I did not do anything wrong.

If you want to avoid arguement, just throw the packet of tissue away or put it in another table than carry on enjoying your food.

If everyone practices this, soon the tissue chopping practice will fade away.

Naka_Timo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think chopping seat with tissue is a veri stupid method, for me i think i will trow the tissue away and the seat is mine liao.

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lady who 'chopes' seats with tissue chases Caucasians away

getMediumSizePhoto.do

Much to the consternation of a STOMPer, two Caucasians were unceremoniously chased away from a table 'reserved' by a woman at this table at the busy Lau Pa Sat on a rainy afternoon.

And the contributor couldn't take her rudeness, after she was allegedly seen crowing over her 'victory', and told the latter off.

In an email to STOMP, melting eskimo said:

"It was looking like another crowded lunchtime at Lau Pa Sat, except it started raining so everybody sitting outside flocked inside, with half-eaten and un-eaten trays of food in hands, desperately searching for empty seats.

"An empty table had its four empty chairs 'booked' with tissue packs, while my colleagues and I were standing around for 5 minutes with our food, waiting for a table to clear up.

"We eventually found a table for us, and sat down to eat. Five minutes later, two Caucasians (picture) unknowingly sat down at the aforementioned empty table, having removed the tissue packs.

"Another five minutes later, which was already a full 15 minutes since we first spotted the empty table, who who knows really how long it had been since they had selflishly 'reserved' the table and walked off, a lady (in white in picture) came back with her food, and went on to do the shameless thing of chasing the Caucasians off, looking all indignant.

"Equally stunning was how the Caucasians acquiesced, picking up their half-eaten food and going off in search of another table.

"Of course, this whole victorious episode was subsequently recounted to her mates when they came back with their food yet many moments later, with all of them repeatedly turning around to look at the two offending Caucasians who had 'stolen' their seats.

"I later went up to the lady in white, and told her that a lot of people had witnessed what she had done, and I told her that it was disgusting that they'd leave the seat empty for 15 minutes and still had the audacity to come back to reclaim it, chasing thetwo Caucasians off in the process, and acting like it was her god-given right to the seats.

"I added that it's ugly Singaporeans like her that make me embarrassed to be called a fellow Singaporean. Her reply was a lame "Fine!"

"Later, as we were walking off she said something that I couldn't make out, to which I just told her that she's shameless and that there's nothing more to be said, to which she said "And you too!"

"Classic case of ugly Singaporeans. In that amount of time the seats were left empty we had sat down and finished our food."

getArticlePhoto.do

Women's Charter should be revised. Anyway Caucasians are pretentious dogs too anyway.

prince123456

Alfrescian
Loyal
they gals know if u argue with them , they can call the cops and claim u trying to harass them.... well your guess and mine ... whom u think they will listen to

i personally saw a woman arguiing on top of her lungs because of this tissue
:biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fortunately my relative managed to explain himself and sanity prevailed

The cad how dare he steal a choped seat :biggrin::biggrin:

Isn't it silly the struggles one has to go through each day, fighting over a place to sit :smile:

Maybe the recession is a good thing, it will thin out the crowds during lunch time :rolleyes:

local_guy111

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fucking stomper, why does he have to mention caucasians. If it were local they chased away, would it be okay?

At least the caucasians were gracious enough to leave , afterall this is some of the customs of Singapore CBD. Much as I disagree with this culture of choping, its the only way to reserve seats.

The only way to solve this is to revert back to the good old days where you order and then take a seat while waiting.

The root of the fucking problem is Singapore is getting too crowded for our own good.

Yeah WAY TOOOO crowded!

Angelo

Alfrescian
Loyal
In this case well i applaud the women for their act of chasing away those chao ang mohs but yet at the same time i know these sexist whores would have done it to anyone.

It's very interesting to see the social and racial dynamics at play here. Ang mohs top of the line in racist sinkeeland, next females or namely chinese females, next chinese males.

So u see when one from the lower hierachy tries to challenge another from the higher rung what happens.

If it was an ang moh char boh those whores were trying to chase away i think it would have gone both ways or maybe 1 way.

U got a very clear view of things bro. :wink: