• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SG spent how many millions of taxpayer's money to buy 60th Position in Olympics?

chorut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is this value for money spent?

HjvA9.png

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another bad investment, like the many blunders made by GIC and Temasek. I thought we have the brilliant people in government, thus they are paid big bucks. Their results indicate that they are, at best, average. Mediocre is my grade for them.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The return on investment is terrible... just like Ho Ching's 'strategic investments'.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The problem for Singapore is at grassroots level. Of course you need the coaches, mentors and trainers but ultimately you must have kids who are passionate enough about sport and parents who are prepared to support their sporting development. The Sinkie mentality of many parents is to make sure their kids get a good education, go to university and then get a well paid professional job as a lawyer, doctor, banker, etc. Not sportsman.

Sinkies will never consider sport as a viable career option especially after they've seen some of the performances of Team Singapore at these Olympics. I've had the privilege to visit London 2012 and whenever a Team GB athlete competes, the whole stadium erupts into hysteria, such is the support that these guys get from the public. I've seen a lot of parents with their kids in the Olympic Park waving the Union flag and proudly wearing their Team GB kit. British kids are also signing up for Rowing / Cycling / Gymnastic lessons in their droves, inspired by what they've seen on TV.

Sinkies can recruit the best trainers/coaches in the world but if the passion, belief and desire isn't there to begin with, they will never achieve Olympic success.
There will always be critics of the FT policy towards developing successful sportsmen and women but if Sinkies want to see a true blue Sinkie win an Olympic medal, they've got to change their mind set as to the true value of sport. Once we get a Sinkie Olympic gold medalist and hear Majulah Singapura on the podium, I can guarantee you that this will be a catalyst for success in future generations.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Remember we had cases of students in sports school disrespecting coaches and complain about coaches.
Ever wondered why they don't make it in international competition?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem for Singapore is at grassroots level. Of course you need the coaches, mentors and trainers but ultimately you must have kids who are passionate enough about sport and parents who are prepared to support their sporting development. The Sinkie mentality of many parents is to make sure their kids get a good education, go to university and then get a well paid professional job as a lawyer, doctor, banker, etc. Not sportsman.

Sinkies will never consider sport as a viable career option especially after they've seen some of the performances of Team Singapore at these Olympics. I've had the privilege to visit London 2012 and whenever a Team GB athlete competes, the whole stadium erupts into hysteria, such is the support that these guys get from the public. I've seen a lot of parents with their kids in the Olympic Park waving the Union flag and proudly wearing their Team GB kit. British kids are also signing up for Rowing / Cycling / Gymnastic lessons in their droves, inspired by what they've seen on TV.

Sinkies can recruit the best trainers/coaches in the world but if the passion, belief and desire isn't there to begin with, they will never achieve Olympic success.
There will always be critics of the FT policy towards developing successful sportsmen and women but if Sinkies want to see a true blue Sinkie win an Olympic medal, they've got to change their mind set as to the true value of sport. Once we get a Sinkie Olympic gold medalist and hear Majulah Singapura on the podium, I can guarantee you that this will be a catalyst for success in future generations.

Sinkies never liked sports since the boys are made to do IPPT and the girls hate PE from young.

mangali

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hurray Sinkieland surpassed stupid gulf nations like Saudi & Kuwait & Europe giant Turkey !! Well DONE !!

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Look on the bright side.

These Singaporeans have done the country proud. As long as they speak one of the 4 official languages and know when to stand when Majulah Singapura is played. :biggrin: