• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Singaporean couple hold their wedding ceremony dinner at West Coast Park McDonald’s

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
yusymacs3007a.jpg

photo1690683856.jpeg

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/we-re-lovin-it-couple-wed-at-mcdonald-s-in-west-coast-park

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This would have been impossible before its renovation. Plenty of squirrels and birds foraging for McDonalds leftovers to eat in that shed. :biggrin:

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
why waste time and money?...nobody gives a fuck after the 3 hours and stress and maybe 100k spent....
and.....only maybe 10% of the guests really wanted to be at the dinner

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
why waste time and money?...nobody gives a fuck after the 3 hours and stress and maybe 100k spent....
Jiak good stuff... My friends still remember my wedding dinner 16yrs ago...

That time we jiak a lot good shark fins and other seafood at only $700 per table at Tong Lok Novotel near Raffles Town Club.. Sadly the place is demolished for condo developement.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By the way, I hardly see Malays having weddings at void decks these days. However, there is at least one Malay wedding every weekend at the Concorde Hotel.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singkies learning from hongkies?

You Can Have A Wedding At A McDonald's In Hong Kong Complete With Apple Pie Cake And Big Macs
You Can Get Married At McDonald's In Hong Kong And Eat Big Macs Before Your Ceremony
I take thee, Big Mac.

Headshot of Kristin Salaky
By Kristin SalakyUpdated: Oct 5, 2019
Save Article
This content is imported from youTube. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.
This content is imported from Third party. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.
Planning a wedding seems tough. There are a lot of people to impress and a million things to figure out...so if you're in the middle of planning your dream wedding, this might seem a lot more appealing right about now: You can apparently get married at a McDonald's in Hong Kong, and truthfully, it looks amazing.

People have known about McDonald's weddings for a while now (they seem to have originally launched in 2011). But the ceremonies got a boost in popularity this week when YouTuber Safiya Nygaard and her fiancé Tyler Williams decided to have a McWedding of their own.

You really need to watch the video, but to break down a bit of it, the couple was greeted at the Hong Kong McDonald's (located at the top of a mall) by McDonald's employees who had decked out the ceremony room in their honor. Seriously, the place had heart balloons, a balloon bouquet, signs, and more. It apparently cost about $380.

More From Delish
preview for Watch Our Newest Videos
What you get varies, but Safiya and Tyler's wedding included a party MC and a full meal prior to the ceremony. They also got to try food that's available in Hong Kong but not the US, like Shake-Shake fries, french fries you can coat in ramen seasoning. I can think of nothing better than beginning a wedding with ramen french fries, TBH.

instagram icon
According to the site, you can also choose between Western and Chinese wedding decorations and add things like seat covers, even more over-the-top balloons and favors for your guests.

From there, the couple had the actual ceremony, which ended with the reveal of a Double Apple Pie Box Cake Display, which was essentially a giant pile of McDonald's apple pies (though not all the boxes were full). Best. Wedding. Cake. Ever.

Balloon, Party supply, Party, Party favor, Birthday, Toy, Architecture, Event, Sweetness, Baby shower, pinterest icon
Safiya Nygaard//YouTube
While Safiya and Tyler are having an *actual* wedding ceremony, she said that they actually really liked their McDonald's wedding.

"I really enjoyed how they inserted fast-food themes into traditional wedding rituals, which made it feel more like a unique experience and not just like a wedding that happened to be at a McDonald's," Safiya said.

And she's not alone. Many people in Hong Kong genuinely seem to love the idea of a McDonald's wedding.

“In the U.S. and other places, middle-class or upper-middle-class people look down on McDonald’s,” Gordon Mathews, an anthropologist at the Chinese University of Hong Kong told The New York Times in 2011. “But Hong Kong is different. A McDonald’s wedding wouldn’t be seen as tacky here."

This content is imported from poll. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.
If McDonald's isn't your speed, you can also get married at Taco Bell in Las Vegas, complete with hot sauce bouquet. So there you have it! Fast food weddings! Next time you're picking at your dry chicken at a wedding reception, just remember, you could be eating a Big Mac.

Headshot of Kristin Salaky

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ah, but with a good crowd they can brag about that on social media. Also, they gave interview time to the Shitty Times, I'm sure either the Shitty Times or McDonalds gave them some benefits for this advertisement disguised as a news story. :biggrin:

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am not looking down on anyone here, but If I have to commute 2 to 3 hours and spend 4 hours or more on a dinner event, I rather do it in a nice restaurant or hotel .You do not get married everyday and most sinkies , due to Women's Charter cannot afford to marry more than once.
The guest end up paying most of the dinner bill anyway , so might as well have it in a nice restaurant or hotel.
If money is an issue, no need to have a wedding, just use the money for a honeymoon trip instead

Last edited: