• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Singapore ranked 1st in World’s 50 Best Cities for Street Food

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1. Singapore

2. Bangkok, Thailand
3. Hong Kong
4, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
5. Mumbai, India
6. Rome, Italy
7. Tel Aviv, Israel
8. Sydney, Australia
9. Mexico City, Mexico
10. Portland, US
11. Dubai, UAE
12. Chicago, US
13. Seoul, South Korea
14. Berlin, Germany
15. Paris, France
16. Istanbul, Turkey
17. Los Angeles, US
18. Palermo, Italy
19. Tokyo, Japan
20. New Orleans, US
21. Cartagena, Colombia
22. Port Louis, Mauritius
23. Honolulu, US
24. San Francisco, US
25. Taipei, Taiwan
26. Marrakech, Morocco
27. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
28. New York, US
29. Austin, US
30. Durban, South Africa
31. Kingston, Jamaica
32. San Juan, Puerto Rico
33. Rome, Italy
34. Havana, Cuba
35. Fukuoka, Japan
36. Amman, Jordan
37. Bogota, Colombia
38. Osaka, Japan
39. Budapest, Hungary
40. Athens, Greece
41. Miami, US
42. Delhi, India
43. London, UK
44. Beijing, China
45. Bali, Indonesia
46. Cairo, Egypt
47. Dakar, Senegal
48. Sao Paulo, Brazil
49. Barcelona, Spain
50. Kolkata, India

https://www.scmp.com/magazines/styl...-ranked-1st-worlds-50-best-cities-street-food

FatMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is this something we should be proud of? I always wonder about all these funny street food ranking exercises. What's the use of coming in first? Does it benefit Singaporeans in a tangible and material way? Does it make our cost of living lower? Does it make our lives better?

FatMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always find the when a hawker stall gets popular, the price goes up and the quality of food drops. It becomes a very passionless and mechanical production of the dish to maximize profits instead of letting consumers enjoy the good quality food at reasonable prices.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Wow, so proud of our street food ranking!! Although technically we do not have street food. Only hawker food, served in small portions at high prices, and taste like crap. And I also wonder how much STPB paid CEOWorld magazine for this 2019 survey, a publication most of us have never heard of.

FatMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
May I ask what is STPB? You mean STB?

https://www.stb.gov.sg/content/stb/en.html

800px-Singapore_Tourism_Board_text_logo.svg.png

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinkieland got street food? You mean the usual crap they sell at pasar malams e.g. fishballs, Ramly burgers, vadai etc? :roflmao:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is this something we should be proud of? I always wonder about all these funny street food ranking exercises. What's the use of coming in first? Does it benefit Singaporeans in a tangible and material way? Does it make our cost of living lower? Does it make our lives better?

Unlicensed hawker food... Geylang kuaybu also no.1.....

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's to attract tourists to Sinagpore.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
WTF? Malaysia is not even in the 50th position and many forumers here always claim that Malaysia's hawker food is better than Singapore's.

I had always said that Malaysia's hawker food is very much over hyped. Compared to Singapore, theirs contain lesser ingredients, more oily and use lots of MSG. They are mostly unhealthy. Also, only a few of their selected restaurants can be considered on par with Singapore's.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
WTF? Malaysia is not even in the 50th position and many forumers here always claim that Malaysia's hawker food is better than Singapore's.

I had always said that Malaysia's hawker food is very much over hyped. Compared to Singapore, theirs contain lesser ingredients, more oily and use lots of MSG. They are mostly unhealthy. Also, only a few of their selected restaurants can be considered on par with Singapore's.
Gaslighter...

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore has been recognised as the world’s best city for street food-obsessed travellers in 2019, according to a survey by CEOWorld magazine, while Bangkok and Hong Kong placed second and third, respectively.

https://ceoworld.biz/2019/09/30/ran...ies-for-street-food-obsessed-travellers-2019/

CEOWORLD Magazine a global business and technology information website created by Amarendra Bhushan in 2008.

https://ceoworld.biz/author/amar/

nExNQeE.jpg

Prof. Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj is a media and technology executive, macro-economist, strategic thinker, chair, and chief executive officer of the CEOWORLD Magazine, one of the world’s most influential and recognized global news publications. Under Dr. Amarendra's leadership, CEOWORLD magazine has become the world's most iconic news organization, whose rigorous reporting and unsurpassed storytelling connect with millions of business leaders daily. Additionally, he serves as the chair and founding member of the CEOWORLD magazine’s Inclusion Advisory Board.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: