• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Shanmugam angry liao, : "Leave my son out of this! I'm warning you!"

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Blacks are mostly associated with evil. So, now you all know there's a reason why God had created Indians black.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will Shan sue KJ etc?

‘I will defend myself but leave my family alone’: Shanmugam says son renovating Ridout Road ‘utterly false’
He slammed these allegations, calling them "utterly false and defamatory statements".

Fiona Tan |

July 03, 2023, 06:43 PM

In addressing allegations that the renovations for state property 26 Ridout Road after he rented it was awarded to his son, Minister for Law and Home Affairs K Shanmugam called them "utterly false and defamatory statements".

"I say to these people, 'You want to come after me? You come after me," he warned. "But leave my family alone."

Allegations circulating regarding Shanmugam's son
Shanmugam was responding to clarifications in Parliament on Jul. 3, 2023, arising from his statement on his and Vivian Balakrishnan's renting of black-and-white (B&W) bungalows.

Ang Mo Kio Group Representation Constituency Member of Parliament Nadia Ahmad Samdin asked,

"I would also appreciate particularly if the minister can address allegations that the contract for works relating to the properties were awarded to a firm of which Minister Shanmugam's son serves as CEO called Livspace."

Allegations online
As circulated online, former Reform Party chairman Charles Yeo had claimed in an Instagram post that Shanmugam's son Ravindran Shanmugam and his company Livspace were involved in renovating 26 Ridout Road.

He claimed that the "renovation deal" tipped the scales in the younger Shanmugam's favour, influencing Livspace to hire him as its Singapore country head in 2019.

Yeo's May 15, 2023, Instagram post appears unavailable in Singapore, but he shared a screenshot on another Instagram post on Jul. 2.

Opposition politician Kenneth Jeyaretnam published a blog post the same day, suggesting that Livspace had renovated both bungalows.

"I've not been the only one attacked. My son has also been attacked"
Shanmugam was audibly emotional when responding to the online allegations.

Shanmugam acknowledged that there were and are many untruths circulated about him, including his rental of 26 Ridout Road, and it is inevitable because he is "obviously a target" as a political figure.

"But I've not been the only one attacked. My son has also been attacked," he said. "Allegations online that the contract to renovate the Ridout properties, in plural, was awarded by SLA to a company where my son is the CEO."

He said that he not only does not keep track of SLA's contracts but added that there are "established processes for the awarding of contracts by statutory boards".

He added that his son had told him that Livspace has no contracts with SLA, nor did they do any work on the Ridout properties for SLA.

CPIB would have found out if true: Shanmugam
Shanmugam slammed these allegations, calling them "utterly false and defamatory statements".

He said, "Do these people really believe that CPIB would not have found this out, if it were true?"

"I say to these people, 'You want to come after me? You come after me.' I am perfectly capable of defending myself and they will find out that I will defend myself. But leave my family alone."

He added, "This is how some conduct politics, try and make it difficult or impossible for family members or people who are prepared to come into public service by putting out deliberately false information."

Edwin Tong: "Completely scurrilous and unwarranted"
The Second Minster for Law Edwin Tong refuted the allegations, saying there is no basis to suggest Livspace's involvement in the renovation of both 26 and 31 Ridout Road.

He called the allegations "completely scurrilous and unwarranted".

"The works that were recommended by the consultant were then done and awarded to a contractor through a tender.

Livspace was not an appointed contractor, neither did they have any transactions with SLA, as far as we can tell from the quick checks that we've done since these allegations began to surface online."

Congratulations on making it to the end of this article. That makes you different. The sort who likes to consume such content. And possibly create your own. For us. The type of content to get more of our readers to stick till the end. Want to write for us? Check this out.
Top image screenshot from Livspace website and Ministry of Communications and Information/YouTube

If you like what you read, follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Telegram to get the latest updates.

You Might Also Like
Challeng KJ to MMA Ring?

Just like Zuckberg vs Musk?

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
KJ will teach Shan not to be greedy.
KJ will teach Shan to do the right thing when got
caught red.-handed."Be a man, do the right thing!"

Eisenhut

Alfrescian
Loyal
nU6czd4pNQQgFnP96zHdMOgVlOChud9KpumPSaeK8QQ.jpg

dickheadchang

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any fucktard with half a brain will know that perception is more impactful than reality. Why the fuck would the Sham involve his son as an involved party in the renovation works. Even if everything is above board as far as the renovation is concerned (as above board like the last presidential election) the Sham is inviting trouble but then again he is so fucking arrogant that he thinks he can get away with this and more.

Kotekbengkok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Plot twist... his son did not tell him the full truth.
The next shoe to drop about his son is that he went to Singapore American school for his secondary education. Is his son an American citizen? If not how did he get the waiver as Singapore citizens are not allowed to attend these foreign schols unless there are exceptional circusmtances. This information was on his s Linkedin profile . After it went public, this info was redacted. Why redacs if nothing wrong was done. Maybe MOE and Sham needs to explain that it was all above board.

Attachments

• 1688440442604.jpeg
    1688440442604.jpeg
    534.9 KB · Views: 921

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
The next shoe to drop about his son is that he went to Singapore American school for his secondary education. Is his son an American citizen? If not how did he get the waiver as Singapore citizens are not allowed to attend these foreign schols unless there are exceptional circusmtances. This information was on his s Linkedin profile . After it went public, this info was redacted. Why redacs if nothing wrong was done. Maybe MOE and Sham needs to explain that it was all above board.
Maybe to him Singapore schools not good,no standard.:biggrin::o-o: