• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SG Is Planning to Jail Old And Poor People

Helium

Alfrescian
Loyal
Repost from other sites as this is an interesting topic

------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the introduction of medishield life there will be some
people in our soceity that are poor and old (some never married).

Is it right for the regime to jail these people, they are not
criminals just for not paying the medishield premiums.

Today they do this tomorrow they will seize your bank accounts
as well saying that you do not know how to spend your own money.

Only a grade A clown will come up with such a policy of jailing
people for not paying the premiums.

Any thoughts to share anyone?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link: http://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/e...sg-planning-jail-old-poor-people-4996064.html
Alt Link: http://sgfuck.org/mybb/Thread-SG-Is-Planning-to-Jail-Old-And-Poor-People

Helium

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some comments

Migrant said:
This is written by a mad or bad fellow. Absolutely crazy.

MahjongPlayer said:
The person that came up with this law is crazy, this is worse Mahathir in Malaysia or
Suharto

They have to be voted out

Gibson said:
So if you have S$500 left in the bank and your premium is $450 so means what you can pay right?

Like this better withdraw all monies from local banks put into foreign banks or outside the nation safer, the current people cannot be trusted

2PacReturns said:
No one agreed to this, they slipped this jail thing in.

This is probably the worst law ever.

They are demanding protection money like gangsters

http://yourhealth.asiaone.com/content/medishield-life-can-pay-wont-jail-fine-cards

The maximum penalty for defaulters who try to flee the country, spelt out in the MediShield Life Scheme Bill, is a fine of up to $5,000 and imprisonment for up to a year, or both

CityHunter said:
I have 2 elderly at home, plus my wife's side, thats S$4K - S$6K, nearly S$500 extra a month.

Maybe you are rich but S$500/mtha lot to me, where am i going to get this extra cash?

As they age the premiums increase so max i will have to pay S$650/mth, this is absurd, i rather go to jail and sit there no point already like that

pannateo said:
We ourselves to blame we give them the ABSOLUTE power to do thing as they like. WHAT IS THE USE OF CRY FATHER CRY MOTHER. Many poor n elderly are still ignorant tat Y the devil goes after the poors n elderly. Many a time we distributed food especially bread to the poors at void deck. Few poors asked ARE U PEOPLE CHEN HU LAN. NO I SAID.
DO U PEOPLE KNOW HOW MUCH IT COSTS FOR A MINISTAR TO DELIVER A BASKET OF GOODY TO A POOR SELECTED FAMILY?????
1) One week before they delivery the whole block is well clean. 2) the unit which is planned is well clean even lighting n the chairs. 3) on the day itself, TV staff, HDB staff, RC, n the VIP THE MINISTAR. AS can see from TV news the entrance to the unit is crowded with staff. So can u people estimate the hidden cost of the basket of goody. Infact the unit the VIP visited is for ADVERTISEMENT, the unit is NOT poor as can see in tv news nice furnitures fan n many foto displayed. This is TERM "WAYANG" malay word for drama

alpha said:
I bet Medishield Life premiums will be increased right after the GE, and PAP will keep hiking the premiums almost every non-election year like the way they hike public transport fares. This is PAP's style, we've seen this before.

alpha said:
Wow, PAP will hike Medishield Life premiums year-to-year, PAP will also charge 17% interest for late payments and jail those who fail to pay.

Medishield Life may look cheap at the start, but with the premium hikes by PAP every year it will add up to be very expensive for commoners. When commoners struggle and make late payments, they will kena 17% interest charge. And if they've no money to pay, they've to go to jail.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The Nazis did the same thing seizing bank accounts by force, so people were wrong to fight against the Nazis?

The propaganda put out by the victors of the second world war has clouded your judgement.

The world could well be a much better place today if the Nazis had won.

akasha

Alfrescian
Loyal
When that bastard LKY smear of shit on sole of shoe die as he must
His fucking rotten system will implode while we are dancing on streets and table tops and doing yum sengs with friends and strangers.

What ever is not finished when we done with dancing on streets and table tops, we will finish with piano wires and necklaces

Helium

Alfrescian
Loyal
When that bastard LKY smear of shit on sole of shoe die as he must
His fucking rotten system will implode while we are dancing on streets and table tops and doing yum sengs with friends and strangers.

What ever is not finished when we done with dancing on streets and table tops, we will finish with piano wires and necklaces

Bro escher welcome back, we missed you :smile: