• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Current employer found out about my secret pre-employment medical check and terminated me

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

katenash :​

It didn’t happen to me but for the sake of discussion, I am using the first person form for the thread:

I was into my 4 months working for a company. I took time-off for 2 days’ for a pre-employment medical check and review. My boss asked me straight up if I was taking off for an interview. I said no. I happened to have an ailment I was self-medicating and I quoted that ailment as the reason.

2 weeks after the pre-employment medical check, I had food poisoning and took an MC. When I returned to work, my service was terminated right on the same day. At the exit interview, besides quoting my poor work performance, my boss told me she found out that I was not honest with her. She called the clinic which I took time-off for and the clinic told her that I was there for a pre-employment check. She also said that I should have come to work even though I had food poisoning and quoted the example of a colleague who did that.

My questions:

1) Can I file a complaint to MOM that the company expected me to come to work despite having an MC for food poisoning? Admittedly, I have a weak constitution and have been quite sickly. One month approximately 2 or 3 days of MC. As I am on probation, the company does not pay me for the days I take MC though. However, even on days when I was on MC, I was still expected to work from home or get some work done.

2) Do I have any ground for wrongful dismissal although the company quoted ‘poor work performance’ for the dismissal?

3) Can I lodge a complaint anywhere for the clinic’s disclosure of what I went to the clinic for? Someone suggest to complain to the clinic for loss of income?

https://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/...-employment-checks-and-terminated-me.6736959/

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sue the clinic as it is medical in confidence. For the pre employment only the employing company can have any access to data..n if I not wrong..it's only pass or fail..cannot give out yr health data

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Using mc to go pre employment checkup ? Definitelee need to be fired and new company should also fire her once they learnt about it using ex company mc. This kind of workers are simplee leeches jlb.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sue the clinic as it is medical in confidence. For the pre employment only the employing company can have any access to data..n if I not wrong..it's only pass or fail..cannot give out yr health data
My uncle is also a worker but he think that whenever an employee need to see loctor and take mc they either need to take from company assigned clinic else company need to assign an agent to follow them becas too many jlbs around. Even hiring full time agent to do this tagging will help company save cost.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal

katenash :​

It didn’t happen to me but for the sake of discussion, I am using the first person form for the thread:

I was into my 4 months working for a company. I took time-off for 2 days’ for a pre-employment medical check and review. My boss asked me straight up if I was taking off for an interview. I said no. I happened to have an ailment I was self-medicating and I quoted that ailment as the reason.

2 weeks after the pre-employment medical check, I had food poisoning and took an MC. When I returned to work, my service was terminated right on the same day. At the exit interview, besides quoting my poor work performance, my boss told me she found out that I was not honest with her. She called the clinic which I took time-off for and the clinic told her that I was there for a pre-employment check. She also said that I should have come to work even though I had food poisoning and quoted the example of a colleague who did that.

My questions:

1) Can I file a complaint to MOM that the company expected me to come to work despite having an MC for food poisoning? Admittedly, I have a weak constitution and have been quite sickly. One month approximately 2 or 3 days of MC. As I am on probation, the company does not pay me for the days I take MC though. However, even on days when I was on MC, I was still expected to work from home or get some work done.

2) Do I have any ground for wrongful dismissal although the company quoted ‘poor work performance’ for the dismissal?

3) Can I lodge a complaint anywhere for the clinic’s disclosure of what I went to the clinic for? Someone suggest to complain to the clinic for loss of income?

https://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/...-employment-checks-and-terminated-me.6736959/

Join NTUC and then ask Ng Chee Bye to fight for your workers members' rights

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Lol knn…. A new spin on my friend’s friend

It didn’t happen to me but for the sake of discussion, I like to wear ladies panties… (sample for use)

1650724436219.png

https://mothership.sg/2020/09/panty-sniffer-gets-fine-public-nuisance/

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
if she went to the company's panel of doctors. the doc will be obliged to divulge details. she should've gone to own clinic and take unpaid leave instead

ChristJohnny

Alfrescian
Loyal
2~3 days MC every month ... if I am the boss I will also terminate him.

What a moron. If you are sickly, inform your boss before you start work. Let them know your conditions and they will have a better understanding on your work performance. On the hindsight, many bosses will not like to be burden with such employee ... medical fees, insurance, work distruption etc.

Race and IQ
national-iq-scores.jpg

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dunno what missing from work has to do with performance.
Some western companies found out that 4 day week actually improved productivity and sales. The 4 days, workers tend to stay in office or work longer hours.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dunno what missing from work has to do with performance.
Some western companies found out that 4 day week actually improved productivity and sales. The 4 days, workers tend to stay in office or work longer hours.
Malays all work 4 days in KL wat. Soon to over take SG in productivity. :geek:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
if she went to the company's panel of doctors. the doc will be obliged to divulge details. she should've gone to own clinic and take unpaid leave instead
This is medical in confidence.... singkie law favour the employer to that extent?

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don’t understand this story.

So she went for a pre-employment medical check, which means she’s about to join a new company. So what’s the issue even if she got fired?

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
If take MC n get terminated, than why companies give medical leave? N if companies are so particular about sick employees etc....than there will b no one to work for them

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
If take MC n get terminated, than why companies give medical leave? N if companies are so particular about sick employees etc....than there will b no one to work for them
Imuho company should not be giving mc to any level of workers at all. Workers are paid to work.
If company wants to give some employee benefits they should include a few days of mc into the mandatorlee annual leaves.
There is no point to play this guessing games of who is leelee sick whos not. Anyone fall sick just take annual leaves. Once is leepleted they should not be paid.
Simple as that.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
My uncle think there is another leeleeculous employees benefits given by some companies. Those long servid workers pa si mai chow kind being able to have high number of annual leaves. They are the old fart jlb yet having so many leaves. What fuck logic is this? Imuho it doesn't justify for the faithful benefits at all .

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If you are sickly, best is to be self-employed.

An employee in this country cannot be sickly. There are no worker rights in SG, remember that.