• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Civet cats in Sg (and a problem for some landed property owners)

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

tankgunner : last time my kampong got people eat this one.

YouHeypiCanLiao : Can hoot otter?​

tankgunner : if back then got otter, i think they will eat too.​

Bunknifer : tiagong got kumgong people jiak their sai ... i mean the poo coffee bean :o​

tankgunner : ya. and its not cheap hor.​

CCCustom :​

These are pests that people can’t do anything about. A family apparently made their home in my mother’s house above the false ceiling of her 2nd floor. They $#!t and pee in there and the pee drips down from the false ceiling.

Called pest control before we knew what they were, pest control said the $#!t is not rat $#!t ... then 1 day my aunt who lives at the opposite row of houses caught the family on video running across the rooftops of houses along my mother’s row ... we sent the video to the pest control company then they identified them as civets ... pest control say this 1 under Wildlife Act cannot trap, have to call NParks ... call NParks and they just sent us an advisory to identify where they are entering the house and fit mesh to keep them from entering :s8: and that they will move away on their own ... but the dripping pee, scratching sounds in the false ceiling for over half a year says otherwise :s15:

DragonFire :​

So did you act on the advisory? Blocking up ingress holes is actually the go-to method for this sort of situation.
Unfortunately unlike otters, civets are not likely to be caught in the act of actively destroying property. You can't leverage the loophole in the wildlife act to trap or uh... destroy them.

I'd suggest

1. Stainless steel wool stuffed into smaller gaps.
2. Expanding foam spray to seal longer gaps (go easy on this. it is a fire hazard!)
3. Wire mesh cut and folded and screwed in place using tap screws to seal large holes.

Unfortunately this all has to be done at your own expense. The cost of scaffolding will probably be quite heavy, and this sort of work is hard to DIY without a tall ladder or two.

There is an alternative which is to spike your false ceiling with some repellent chemicals like fox/wolf urine.
Frankenincense oil has been suggested as one less "aggressive" deterrent. Maybe even napthalene (moth balls)

CCCustom :​

We are still undecided. As of now no one is sleeping in the room ... we’d take naps in there once in awhile when we are at my mother’s place but haven’t done so since the room has musty smell now from the $#!t and pee ... there are multiple yellow-brown patches on the false ceiling.

Sounds easy on paper, but how to identify the points of entry? 搞不好 wait close off these points while they are inside :s16: then wait they die got see ngiao ci bi on top of $#!t and pee smell :s13:

This type of tell you ownself settle ownself, I might as well see how I can catch-and-release ... after all, there is no visual confirmation that those things in the false ceiling are confirmed civets mah :o

https://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/...t-cat-spotted-at-hdb-void-deck.6728558/page-2