• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - After 2 hours waiting for customer service, Starhub employee tells the customer to to turn the modem off then on

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

hqdefault.jpg

londonbowler :​

I am a StarHub subscriber and lost internet connection. I reached out to customer service and was asked to talk to an agent on Whatsapp.

There was no reply for over an hour, then an agent replied 95 minutes later. Fortunately, I saw the message!

The problem is, all the agent did was ask for the color of the lights on the router, then suggest to turn the router off than on, then suggest to the modem off then on. When I said I already did this, the agent just said there is no outage and I need to call the advance tech team for troubleshooting.

So I spent 2 hours waiting for customer service, and this is all ai for, and I now have to call 1633 to repeat the process.

Question - which broadband provider should I switch to?!?!?!

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did provide customer service to satellite internet customers ages ago.
This is the first step we were taught. Ask customer to turn modem off, wait for a min and turn it on again.