• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - 74 SPF officers have died in service since Jan. 2018, 8 ruled as suicide: Sun Xueling

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1664888121853.png

In a supplementary question, MP Zhulkarnain bin Abdul Rahim noted that in the U.S., suicide rates among police officers are higher than their national average.

Sun said that the suicide rate among SPF officers is about half Sg's national average. So Singapore better than US.

https://mothership.sg/2022/10/home-team-officers-death/

hollowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
It mentioned the rest were due to sickness.
8 suicides in 5 years = 1.6 per year
66 due to sickness = 13.2 per year I.e 1 every month and 2 for 1 month.

Imho for just 1 particular profession seems abnormal and worthy of some analysis.

For suicides I think becas usually only sickos will think of joining a law enforcement career . So it seems normal for sickos to commit suicide.

As for sickness. It seems abnormal as the retirement age for them is much lower than a average job.

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
My sincere condolences to the victims families & loved ones, including even to those of SPF officers whom sadly chose suicide. It is never easy being a Human to uphold the Rule of Law against criminals while our nation citizens enjoy & sleep peacefully at night, knowing that there are SPF or even SAF servicemen on the ground 24/7 to protect us all.

No mortal is perfect, & each do have flaws, but it's not an ordinary 9 to 5 job. They will have to have courage, idealism, & the necessary aptitude to be an SPF officer, regular or NSF thru the years of service. The insignificant nobody me salute to them. May the victims families & kids, even ordinary fellow citizens too, realize the sacrifices they made, to just not keep themselves & loved ones safe, but for all Singaporeans daily since our independence in 1965 & hold them in ever loving memory....

hollowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
No mortal is perfect, & each do have flaws, but it's not an ordinary 9 to 5 job. They will have to have courage, idealism, & the necessary aptitude to be an SPF officer, regular or NSF thru the years of service. The insignificant nobody me salute to them.
I think you have a misperception of a police officer in sg. It's not like what it portrayed in TV series movies or ads.
I had 1st hand information about policemen while working with them as a vendor and several acquaintance I.e friends of friends.
To put it bluntly - They are ALL sickos. Highlighted as 100% of them. You cannot talk like friend with them becas
1. Any sensitive topic eg pirated cd movies etc not allowed
2. You cannot drink coffee or blanja them even tidbits like sweets peanuts etc etc
3. They always will attempt to apply their uniform rules on vendors even vendors are civilians. Work deemed not done properly or upto their standards are being interrogated in the criminal manner. They will even issue punishment to vendor at times.

Police catch thief is just a fairytale. In real life police doesn't catch thief's I.e they only present when the thief had left which means their duties carries zero risk. I dare to say their risk at work is far lesser than that of a eletricians , construction workers etc.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think you have a misperception of a police officer in sg. It's not like what it portrayed in TV series movies or ads.

And only the lowest IQ retards believe the way poodles are depicted in Crimewatch and recruitment ads is entirely accurate. :laugh:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinkapore mata need to be issued gun?

During Little India riot, not a single shot was fired.

All they shoot at is their own head

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last time I work in bank.

The Cisco mata jaga our bank is issued with a revolver with extra 6 bullets.

I asked him if got bank robber want to rob the bank...would he draw his revovler and shoot the bank robber.

He said...knn, they only pay me $800/month, you think I risk my life to protect the bank? The most he get sacked..he said.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
My sincere condolences to the victims families & loved ones, including even to those of SPF officers whom sadly chose suicide. It is never easy being a Human to uphold the Rule of Law against criminals while our nation citizens enjoy & sleep peacefully at night, knowing that there are SPF or even SAF servicemen on the ground 24/7 to protect us all.

No mortal is perfect, & each do have flaws, but it's not an ordinary 9 to 5 job. They will have to have courage, idealism, & the necessary aptitude to be an SPF officer, regular or NSF thru the years of service. The insignificant nobody me salute to them. May the victims families & kids, even ordinary fellow citizens too, realize the sacrifices they made, to just not keep themselves & loved ones safe, but for all Singaporeans daily since our independence in 1965 & hold them in ever loving memory....
Prof sorlee lah KNN my uncle was just speaking the truth from his experience KNN

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prof sorlee lah KNN my uncle was just speaking the truth from his experience KNN
Thanks Sweetie pie. No apologies needed, as I believe everyone is entitled to their opinions Do thank him on my behalf for sharing, as only by discussions can humankind change others or be changed by others to correct misconceptions for progress to happen

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Sweetie pie. No apologies needed, as I believe everyone is entitled to their opinions Do thank him on my behalf for sharing, as only by discussions can humankind change others or be changed by others to correct misconceptions for progress to happen
Steady lah Prof KNN you got the 大将之风:thumbsup:
My uncle need to learn this as he is verlee 小气 one KNN

Filloz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did the number include AETOS and CISCO?
The worst-performing inspectors from SPF are always sent to CISCO, nobody killed themselves from CISCO and AETOS?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
View attachment 163660

In a supplementary question, MP Zhulkarnain bin Abdul Rahim noted that in the U.S., suicide rates among police officers are higher than their national average.

Sun said that the suicide rate among SPF officers is about half Sg's national average. So Singapore better than US.

https://mothership.sg/2022/10/home-team-officers-death/

74 police killed in action since 2018. This is shocking news indeed. I hope the PAP is doing something about it.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It mentioned the rest were due to sickness.
8 suicides in 5 years = 1.6 per year
66 due to sickness = 13.2 per year I.e 1 every month and 2 for 1 month.

Imho for just 1 particular profession seems abnormal and worthy of some analysis.

For suicides I think becas usually only sickos will think of joining a law enforcement career . So it seems normal for sickos to commit suicide.

As for sickness. It seems abnormal as the retirement age for them is much lower than a average job.

mostly bullcrap numbers lah................where got over 1 cop mati every month................the record was back in 1994 when 14 cops died............

hollowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
some were suicides................some in car accidents while on duty.................some were killed................

Open main menu
Wikipedia
Search

Hoi Kim Heng​

Article Talk

Learn more

This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2021)

Corporal Hoi Kim Heng (1970 – 21 May 1994) was a police officer of the Singapore Police Force who was stabbed to death at the age of 24 by Soh Loo Ban after a chase near Fook Hai Building in Singapore on 21 May 1994. He was the second-last police officer to be murdered in the line of duty, the last being SI Boo Tiang Huat on 30 November 1994. The year 1994 was then considered a dark year for the police force.[1]
Hoi Kim Heng
BornHoi Kim Heng
Singapore
Died21 May 1994
Singapore
Cause of deathMurdered
OccupationPolice officer
EmployerSingapore Police Force
Known forMurder victim; awarded Pingat Keberanian Polis posthumously

The murder​

Aftermath​

References​