• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Service and food suck at SIN HOI SAI SEAFOOD RESTAURANT AT EAST COAST ROAD

pachinko

Alfrescian
Loyal
Having eaten at the Tiong Bahru restaurant bearing the same name before , three of us visited 187 East Coast road branch this evening . We ordered a fried vegetable , steam tauhu , deep fried baby squid , a plate of fried Ho fun and Ee Mee , waited for about 20 minutes before the first dish arrived. Since we ordered fried noodles , we obviously wanted pickled green chili which we were given a tiny palette with a few slices for three to share. I requested for 2 more palettes since it’s Pandemic time and we don’t wish to share 1 tiny palette . I repeatedly asked for it at least 6 times but the waitresses simply ignored me . Finally on mt 7th attempt , a miserable palette of came along with few slices of green Chilli. My mood turned sour with such poor service ! when the food came , the only edible one is the deep fried baby squid , rest of the dishes is worst than home cooked food from my Indonesian FDW !

We can’t finish the food and called for the bill , to my horror , it was $49 ! Definitely not worth for these few cheap dishes . we will not be surprised if one day they will end up with 85% lost in business and may even need to put up notice to get clients to help by patronizing . I will not recommend my friends to patronize them , feel cheated !

Attachments

• EA3049F7-5F8E-4555-99F5-69C5E3B6F015.png
    EA3049F7-5F8E-4555-99F5-69C5E3B6F015.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 316

EunoiaJAYCEE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Having eaten at the Tiong Bahru restaurant bearing the same name before , three of us visited 187 East Coast road branch this evening . We ordered a fried vegetable , steam tauhu , deep fried baby squid , a plate of fried Ho fun and Ee Mee , waited for about 20 minutes before the first dish arrived. Since we ordered fried noodles , we obviously wanted pickled green chili which we were given a tiny palette with a few slices for three to share. I requested for 2 more palettes since it’s Pandemic time and we don’t wish to share 1 tiny palette . I repeatedly asked for it at least 6 times but the waitresses simply ignored me . Finally on mt 7th attempt , a miserable palette of came along with few slices of green Chilli. My mood turned sour with such poor service ! when the food came , the only edible one is the deep fried baby squid , rest of the dishes is worst than home cooked food from my Indonesian FDW !

We can’t finish the food and called for the bill , to my horror , it was $49 ! Definitely not worth for these few cheap dishes . we will not be surprised if one day they will end up with 85% lost in business and may even need to put up notice to get clients to help by patronizing . I will not recommend my friends to patronize them , feel cheated !

may I know why the attachment? you are the ordinary patrons blog?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I get the feeling that someone is just trying to take revenge by writing a toxic review... simply because he/she didn't get extra chilli.

Plenty of such spiteful cretins exist... especially those 'influencer' twits and on sites such as Yelp. :wink:

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Don’t understand why people go for “names”. I’m delighted with my regular Thai stall along new upper Changi rd, no names to shout about.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

Can you transfer your indon FDW to me? Mine is hopeless in the kitchen.