• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serangoon hawker grabbed customer's neck and pushed him against table

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Serangoon hawker grabbed customer's neck and pushed him against table
Posted on 12 August 2013 | 10054 views | 16 comments | 6 shares
<iframe style="border: currentColor; width: 72px; height: 20px;" id="f309ee8a24f2e7c" class="fb_ltr" title="Like this content on Facebook." src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?api_key=&locale=en_GB&sdk=joey&channel_url=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.ak.facebook.com%2Fconnect%2Fxd_arbiter.php%3Fversion%3D26%23cb%3Df379146047bb0dc%26origin%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fsingaporeseen.stomp.com.sg%252Ff3f495ba0782878%26domain%3Dsingaporeseen.stomp.com.sg%26relation%3Dparent.parent&href=http%3A%2F%2Fsingaporeseen.stomp.com.sg%2Fsingaporeseen%2Fgot-service-or-not%2Fhokkien-mee-hawker-grabbed-customers-neck-and-pushed-him-against-table&node_type=link&width=90&font=arial&layout=button_count&colorscheme=light&action=like&show_faces=false&send=false&extended_social_context=false" frameBorder="0" allowTransparency="true" name="fe186b89fcce3d" scrolling="no"></iframe>
<iframe style="width: 107px; height: 20px;" class="twitter-share-button twitter-count-horizontal" title="Twitter Tweet Button" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/tweet_button.1375828408.html#_=1376325580074&count=horizontal&counturl=http%3A%2F%2Fsingaporeseen.stomp.com.sg%2Fsingaporeseen%2Fgot-service-or-not%2Fhokkien-mee-hawker-grabbed-customers-neck-and-pushed-him-against-table&id=twitter-widget-0&lang=en&original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fsingaporeseen.stomp.com.sg%2Fsingaporeseen%2Fgot-service-or-not%2Fhokkien-mee-hawker-grabbed-customers-neck-and-pushed-him-against-table&size=m&text=Serangoon%20hawker%20grabbed%20customer%26%23039%3Bs%20neck%20and%20pushed%20him%20against%20table%20-%20Singapore%20Seen&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsingaporeseen.stomp.com.sg%2Fsingaporeseen%2Fgot-service-or-not%2Fhokkien-mee-hawker-grabbed-customers-neck-and-pushed-him-against-table%23.UgkPy320X00.twitter&via=AddThis" frameBorder="0" allowTransparency="true" scrolling="no" data-twttr-rendered="true"></iframe>More Sharing Services

hawker-main.jpg

STOMPer DC said he was attacked by a hawker at a Serangoon North Avenue 1 coffeeshop on National Day. The STOMPer said the hawker grabbed his neck and pushed him against a table.
Wrote the STOMPer:
"This happened at a stall at the Blk 153 Serangoon North Avenue 1 coffeeshop on Aug 9 at 12.50pm.
"I apologise for the sound lost during the commotion recording. The hawker turned violent while I took this video. The recording was tilted in between when he grabbed my neck with force and both of my hands.
"I was a regular customer of this hokkien mee stall and even recommended the stall to my friends.
"It started two weeks ago when I placed my food order (two packets) with the stall but as I was in a rush and the food was not ready yet, I went off without collecting my food. This happened only this ONE time out of my frequent visits to the stall.
"I returned today (Aug 9) to the same stall and I was surprised that after two weeks the mother still confronted me about my failure to collect the food. So I told her I was rushing that time and she started reprimanding me, the customer.
"I asked her what she wanted now and I apologised to her. Suddenly her son asked his mum to return me my money and said he didn't want to do business with me. He also yelled at me, telling me never to set foot at his stall again.
"He shouted loudly at me in the presence of other hawkers and patrons. I took out my camera to video him when he came out of his stall, grabbed both my hands tightly with force and later grabbed my neck while pushing me against a table.
"He hurled vulgarities and challenged me to fight at the back of the coffeeshop.
"As it was National Day many people were there but none were willing to go out of their way to help me.
"Throughout the whole episode I did not lay my hands on him or anyone but he resorted to violence against me. Even though his mother was at the scene she did not try to stop her son or defuse the situation.
"Instead she looked on as her son grabbed the customer's neck and hands.
"After I shouted for help he released me and went back to his stall. I then lodged a police report.
"When police came and questioned both of us, I overheard he had a previous record where he did try to do something nasty to another customer.
"He actually denied that he did not turn violent against me and he did not grab my neck and both my hands firmly.
"The police asked him to apologise to me but he also refused to do so. I told the police those hawkers and the patrons there can be my witness.
"I've been staying in this neighbourhood for many years and I do not have any dispute with any hawkers at my place or outside for that matter. He just moved here for business a few months ago.
"As a hawker it is part and parcel that sometimes customer may skip on the order (don't tell me they never encounter before) and the mother and son cannot handle this, instead attacking the customer?
"My left hand sustained four visible scratches and my wrist also hurt. I went back and also found out the food that I bought was all smashed after the episode."

<style type="text/css"> .field-collection-view {margin:0;padding:0}</style>

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How come like that?

Next time got such show, remember to call me to go watch hor.

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
"As a hawker it is part and parcel that sometimes customer may skip on the order (don't tell me they never encounter before)

blardy asshole young punk. deserves to kena chop by all hawkers. put his photo big big and make sure no hawker ever serves him.

i have NEVER failed to collect my order. at the very least i will cancel it.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whipping up a cam to video will engender violence these days. No doubt about it, as most people know that the person taking a video will upload the clip on to YouTube. If you want to attempt to embarrass someone by taking a video then be aware of the possible consequences -- one of which is a fist meeting your face.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Stomper deserved to be bashed. Order and left without paying...not the hawker's fault.

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
this type of stupid self- deprecating event also want to share. when you are the one who provoked someone to assault you, you better dont try to justify your actions...bloody stupid fella!

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
while it is wrong to use violence,

let's not forget also, someone ordered, did not pay and did not collect.

packets left to stand for hours and eventually thrown away, a loss of probably $8.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"As a hawker it is part and parcel that sometimes customer may skip on the order (don't tell me they never encounter before) and the mother and son cannot handle this, instead attacking the customer?

<style type="text/css"> .field-collection-view {margin:0;padding:0}</style>

No, never ever skip your orders.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whipping up a cam to video will engender violence these days. No doubt about it, as most people know that the person taking a video will upload the clip on to YouTube. If you want to attempt to embarrass someone by taking a video then be aware of the possible consequences -- one of which is a fist meeting your face.

Yes many think now the video cam is mightier than the sword.
These people never meet the fist before....bloody fool deserves to be bashed up.