• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Seller of famous noodles sues nephew

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
THE owner of a famous bak chor mee (minced meat noodles) stall in Crawford Lane has taken his nephew to court over the latter's outlet in a food court at VivoCity shopping mall.

Mr Tang Chay Seng, 63, who runs well-known Hill Street Tai Hwa Pork Noodle, alleges that Mr Arthur Tung Yang Wee, 39, is trying to pass off his stall, Lau Dai Hua, as the original.

Mr Tang, who has accused his nephew of pulling publicity gimmicks to mislead the public, wants a High Court order to stop his nephew from riding on the reputation of his stall. He is also seeking unspecified damages, and for an apology to be published in the Chinese-language newspapers.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
dunno mr brown will get into his famous bak chor me skit or not,,,, next election, no more bak chor mee,,,,, only mee siam jokes

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
dunno mr brown will get into his famous bak chor me skit or not,,,, next election, no more bak chor mee,,,,, only mee siam jokes

The snapshot of Mr. Brown with the minsters that you martyrs put up here some time back was touching and priceless.

nephew_yap

Alfrescian
Loyal
As consumers we really don't care which stall is original.

As long as food is good and service is good at acceptable price, we can then eat. Otherwise we go eat else where. Original my foot! Qualities changed over the years as the people changed at these places & materials also changed.

I know so famous noodles stalls from 30+ years ago which were very good and cheap, when the old man were around and using eggs to hand make their own noodles, tasted so good. Today he is dead and his family runs several of these shops in the same name and quality is really so so only, but I won't say too expensive. However, there are too many customers and I have wait for long time, that means service is unacceptable already. So forget it lah, original? What original? The place or the sign board? The food is the most important thing, the old man died and the food is no longer prepared in the same way, original my foot!

You can fight in court or fight in street all you want, only if your food is good, service and prices are reasonable than I will be interested. Original or not is your own problem!

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Da Hua bak chor mee is my no.1 favourite, no horse run 1, much much better than the Bedok 1 :p:p:p