• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

see lah... go ktv until whole hawker centre shutdown. knn.

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal

Toa Payoh hawker centre closed after stall assistant who allegedly visited KTV tests positive for Covid-19​

kokyufengg.png

Facebook WhatsApp Twitter More
SINGAPORE - The hawker centre at Block 75 Lorong 5 Toa Payoh underwent deep cleaning on Thursday (July 15) morning after a stall assistant who allegedly visited a KTV lounge over the weekend tested positive for Covid-19.
A crew of six people wearing personal protective equipment spent about an hour spraying disinfectant and wiping down the tables and chairs at the 36-stall hawker centre managed by NTUC Foodfare.
Notices put up around the hawker centre said it would be closed until further notice, with deep cleaning and disinfection to be carried out on Thursday and Friday.
Stallholders told The Straits Times that they were notified about the positive case at about 3pm on Wednesday. They were given three hours to pack up and were told to quarantine themselves for 14 days.
Swab testers visited the homes of some of the stallholders on Thursday morning to test them for Covid-19.
Mr Tan Boon Chuan, 50, secretary of the hawker centre's stallholder association, runs a dessert stall there with his wife.
"It was very sudden and the whole hawker centre was a mess. Everyone was anxiously packing up," he told ST in Mandarin.
He said he had to throw away all of the ingredients he had prepared for the day and would likely have to dispose of the rest he had to leave behind at his stall.
"We are just waiting to be tested," Mr Tan said, adding that most of the hawkers, including himself, are fully vaccinated.
rr-block75lorong5toapayoh-1507.jpg
The hawker centre is expected to be closed until July 25. ST PHOTO: STEPHANIE YEOW
Madam Ang Goon Lay, a 56-year-old drinks stall owner at the hawker centre, tested negative after taking an antigen rapid test, said her daughter, Ms Lim Jia Hui.
The 27-year-old said her mother, who is fully vaccinated, received a call from the Health Ministry and thought it was a scam at first.
Her mother was not worried about contracting Covid-19, but is concerned about the loss of income as the hawker centre is expected to be closed until July 25, Ms Lim added.
nmdisinfect1507.jpg
The crew spent about an hour spraying disinfectant and wiping down the tables and chairs at the hawker centre. ST PHOTO: STEPHANIE YEOW
Mr Tan said he is hopeful that the hawker centre can reopen earlier as the positive Covid-19 case was absent from work this week.
He said the stall assistant who tested positive had allegedly visited a KTV lounge on Sunday.
The man, who is said to be an assistant at Fang Yuan Satay, did not turn up on Monday and went to see a doctor after feeling ill on Tuesday, Mr Tan added.
"It should not affect our hawker centre because he didn't come into contact with the people here," the stallholder said.
Asked about the hawker centre's closure, Mr Tan added: "We are not the only hawker centre to have a case, so we are mentally prepared that this could happen. We interact with so many customers, it is inevitable."

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why only one hawker stall assistant infected with covid-19,the whole market must be closed ? WHY never Use the TraceTogether to track who he comes into contact with ??? Take Action Now !!! Call the Tracking Ambassadors to track on his likely contacts in the last few days and quarantined them.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
chey, this is defined as deep cleaning?! Looks to me like casual wiping. In my mind, I pictured men in hazmat suits, spraying chemicals. No wonder covid is spreading like wild fire lah, with this type of half-fuck deep cleaning.

hazmat-team.jpg

plzhelpme

Alfrescian
Loyal
chey, this is defined as deep cleaning?! Looks to me like casual wiping. In my mind, I pictured men in hazmat suits, spraying chemicals. No wonder covid is spreading like wild fire lah, with this type of half-fuck deep cleaning.

hazmat-team.jpg

Senor

I agreed absolutely and certainly with you.

Wise words.

Datingafter35

Alfrescian
Loyal
Propaganda. Dna. Swapped. Imagine. Your dna. Can be easily be duplicate and use against you in a crime scene or worst. A leverage. I really hope Singapore don't be like this

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal

hazmat-team.jpg
Boss, this cost additional money..
Moreover if the world see Singapore so serious cleaning may scare them away.
Then how to ask tourism or immigrants come??

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Boss, this cost additional money..
Moreover if the world see Singapore so serious cleaning may scare them away.
Then how to ask tourism or immigrants come??

No need a lot of money, just need to do a good show for the photographer. The morons out there need to see the photos otherwise they can't sleep at night.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can see anot? Even a humble hawker assistant can go KTV happy u tell me pap not doing a good job? :laugh: