• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SDP's slogan for GE

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Like most in Singapore, I have never been a member of any political party. Neither am I one currently.
But my views – publicly expressed and shared, not just with some friends – are for the Change we Must and to End PAP’s Dominance Before PAP Ends Us All.

Let me state upfront that I support SDP as an additional, alternative voice in parliament. I haven’t read all the details of their policy papers and, hence, cannot honestly and will not give a view yet. But in principle I support those policy alternatives as starting points to engage citizens.

Perhaps, this expression of support suffices not the die-hard SDPers or anti-PAPers. Well, sorry about that. But one has to be honest with oneself, first and foremost.

It is in that vein of support and with a mind to share my views as input for SDP’s campaign that I share my 2cents on what may make SDP’s campaign more effective.

Campaign Slogan, ‘Your Voice in Parliament’

‘Your Voice in Parliament’ is a vast improvement over GE2011 ‘SDP Promise’, a pledge to run government in a transparent and accountable manner.

For one, ‘Your Voice’ is unambiguous and easily understood compared to ‘Promise’.

Secondly, the focus is singular. A voter can identify when, where and whether it is her ‘Voice’…not some conceptual ‘Promise’ that translates into 10 pledges (how many can one recall easily?).

Thirdly, ‘Your Voice’ is a living thing; it changes with the need of the hour, with changing circumstances (the voter’s), it can be spoken softly, shouted loudly, – or, indeed, be silent – when it is called for.

Most importantly, it captures the zeitgeist, what voters, more than anything else here and now, want – to be heard.
Can Slogan Be Improved On?

I think so.

The very 4 strengths (not exhaustive) identified require some deliberate, self-initiated thinking. How many voters can do that? Without prompting? If SDP can get the voter to hear/read, stop and think – would that not be more effective a slogan?

‘Your True Voice In Parliament’ will help to trigger that thinking process.

Why ‘True Voice’?

First and foremost, http://2econdsight.wordpress.com/2015/01/16/sdps-ge-slogan/

JohorRookie

Alfrescian
Loyal
I still find the forum's unofficial slogan for GE 2015 a much better one, that is:

"Vote PAP ... until PAP becomes the Opposition"

jw5

Loyal
Couple Of Points:

1. It's actually "Vote Opposition Until PAP Becomes The Opposition". :smile:

2. You're welcome. :biggrin:

I still find the forum's unofficial slogan for GE 2015 a much better one, that is:

"Vote PAP ... until PAP becomes the Opposition"