• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SDP wants to reduce SAF/MINDF size

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
so there fore, no more big Changi Naval Base for the Americans, no more big LSTs for counter-piracy in the Gulf and no more troops to help countries in humanitarian relief.

What do you think?

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not sure about how they want to do it, but I am shocked to know how soft our army boys have become after watching the documentary "Every Singapore Son".

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6rNTgRiNN3Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am not sure about how they want to do it, but I am shocked to know how soft our army boys have become after watching the documentary "Every Singapore Son".

what u expect from today's kids who can shoot better with a mouse?

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SDP's stupid logic is go friend friend with neighbors = no need big army. Someone need to go tell those idiots, Fuck U understand :oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

Our relationship with MY was never good until the Madhatter stood down. Sure we know he had problems with LKY but when GCT took over the relationship was still not good. It wasn't until Badawir step up that our relationship improved drastically. Now SG and MY relationship has never been better, however no one can say how long it will last. Something for the idiots from SDP to learn, just becoz you want a good relationship with someone else doesn't mean it will happen, it takes 2 hands to clap, if the other party has no wish to improve anything, you are still screwed.

Not forgetting we live in a VERY VIOLENT REGION. The south of Thailand is constantly at war with insurgents, so is the Philippines and the island of Sumatra at Aceh. The region is also very militarized. the Thai, Pinoy and Indon armies have well recorded history of ignoring their own government and Myanmar is effectively a military junta

Conflicts can emerge for no good reason as can be seen in the recent Cambodian Thai conflict. Events beyond your control can cause a war to start. Not forgetting the terrorist problems in the region, Indon and the Philippines are a hotbed for terrorist. And have everyone forgotten how easy it was for some jokers in MY to steal a truckload of assault weapons from a military camp?

An Army takes years to build up. SG is the size of a peesai, if one fine day something unfortunate happens and we have no army to speak of to defend ourselves, it will be too late to start building one.

Last edited:

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6rNTgRiNN3Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Propaganda at it's best

Alfrescian
Loyal

>

This is what happens when non-white Singaporeans blindly become cultural whites without understanding other aspects of white culture. The whites have had a long history of fighting wars, so no matter how sissy some of them become, there will always be enough of them left to pass on the genes required to be fighters. Singapore, on the other hand, has achieved the economic prosperity of whites nations without undergoing the same trials and tribulations. Naturally most will end up being culturally white sissies. To make things worse, I'm sure everyone knows that people will always ham it up in front of a camera. Being cultural whites, it is only natural that they behave like white people on reality TV, i.e. bitch, complain and cry.

Last edited:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree cut/abolish compulsary NS.
All citizen are encourage to Join NS with starting pay $2k min. We could cut SAF budget by as much as 50%.
That will save SG$6b/year.
Cut the weapon PO and all unnecessary weapon. No one will start war with Singapore. Malaysia/Indonesia will not fire the weapon at Singapore 1st.

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fucking corruption. Buy submarine for what fuck? NDP! Hello? Only China and N Korea still have their May day march. Made in Sinkapor arms only tinpots buy. Every dollar spent is money siphoned out as under the table. When you are talking billions thats a huge sum to launder and US military complex will do it for you. A war where we cannot possibly beat our neighbours, lobbing their artillery shells and hitting us everywhere and no where to hide. The ah bengs are right. Instead of smoking ganjas and come out with grandiose battle plans for preemptive strike and invade our neighbors, the only security is to mortgage our lands to foreigners. Who wants to lose money destroying their very own property? All the silly soldiering in Nat Geo cannot save our women from being raped and sold. The srivijayas, majaphahits, malacca sultanate empires are ancient history, island states get swallowed up in no time, and living in equatorial zone can never attract the best of men or talents. I think our women got it right, have less babies or go fuck ang mohs and migrate overseas.

Last edited:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will you then have a secure environment against piracy and terrorists? How will you redeploy those who still want to seve?How will to slah the hardware?

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will you then have a secure environment against piracy and terrorists? How will you redeploy those who still want to seve?How will to slah the hardware?

Are you saying all the other countries without conscription cannot have a secure environment?
Let the professional army which will replace NS do their job. As for those who still want to serve,
either join the volunteer corps or join the army as a career.

Can always lelong the extra hardware to others.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are you saying all the other countries without conscription cannot have a secure environment?
Let the professional army which will replace NS do their job. As for those who still want to serve,
either join the volunteer corps or join the army as a career.

Can always lelong the extra hardware to others.

See my earlier post. U can't just go "Oh, I think trouble coming, let's start building an Army". A freaking effective army takes YEARS to built. By the time we realize there is trouble and start building one, it's already too late. We are not living in a country like the US or Russia where we are retreat, buy time and start training men. We do not have the luxury of being isolated like the UK where a large body of water separates them from any potential invasion. We have a canal between ourselves and the main land. It too the Japanese all of 1 month to conquer Malaya. If a foreign invasion comes via the mainland, you think 1 month is enough to train an army?

It would be nice if we reach EU's level of unity and there is no longer a real need for an army in the region. However we have not, and probably will not reach that level anytime soon

SDP's stupid logic is go friend friend with neighbors = no need big army. Someone need to go tell those idiots, Fuck U understand :oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

Our relationship with MY was never good until the Madhatter stood down. Sure we know he had problems with LKY but when GCT took over the relationship was still not good. It wasn't until Badawir step up that our relationship improved drastically. Now SG and MY relationship has never been better, however no one can say how long it will last. Something for the idiots from SDP to learn, just becoz you want a good relationship with someone else doesn't mean it will happen, it takes 2 hands to clap, if the other party has no wish to improve anything, you are still screwed.

Not forgetting we live in a VERY VIOLENT REGION. The south of Thailand is constantly at war with insurgents, so is the Philippines and the island of Sumatra at Aceh. The region is also very militarized. the Thai, Pinoy and Indon armies have well recorded history of ignoring their own government and Myanmar is effectively a military junta

Conflicts can emerge for no good reason as can be seen in the recent Cambodian Thai conflict. Events beyond your control can cause a war to start. Not forgetting the terrorist problems in the region, Indon and the Philippines are a hotbed for terrorist. And have everyone forgotten how easy it was for some jokers in MY to steal a truckload of assault weapons from a military camp?

An Army takes years to build up. SG is the size of a peesai, if one fine day something unfortunate happens and we have no army to speak of to defend ourselves, it will be too late to start building one.

Last edited:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
See my earlier post. U can't just go "Oh, I think trouble coming, let's start building an Army". A freaking effective army takes YEARS to built. By the time we realize there is trouble and start building one, it's already too late. We are not living in a country like the US or Russia where we are retreat, buy time and start training men. We do not have the luxury of being

pap dog u army expert:confused:

u what rank during nsf? cpl or 3sg at most. u got pass your bmt boh :biggrin:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP propaganda or not. Mudland n Indon will like nothing better to see Singapore fucked up...it could either be devastated by civil war or laid destroyed by invasion. Regardless whether ultimately, they can hold the land or forced to retreat by UN resolution or US intervention.

The damage, once the destruction begins, will be irreversible. The world won't give us another 10-20 years to build up (like post 1965), this is regardless whether PAP rules this country or not.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
SDP say it will reduce military size once peaceful relations are met--which country has ever achieve peaceful relations with everyone in the world and reduce military size?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SDP say it will reduce military size once peaceful relations are met--which country has ever achieve peaceful relations with everyone in the world and reduce military size?

Peaceful relation with neighbour country is good enough. Singapore just need good relationship with Malaysia and Indonesia will be good enough.
I dont know in moderm day why will any country want to attack Singapore 1st. Is just a small Island without any natural resources. If any country attack Singapore 1st, I'm sure that country will be ban by UN and embargo on that country.
EU country have working together now they try to minimize weapon thgey needed and dont point any missile at each others.
Please dont waste to much money on weapon. This year defend budget is SG$13b , if can cut by half for the rest of the yaer to come. That money can use to built better transport(more MRT line), hospital, more school, subsidy education(foc until A-level), child care..............................
$6b extra every year can do many thing.

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree cut/abolish compulsary NS.
All citizen are encourage to Join NS with starting pay $2k min. We could cut SAF budget by as much as 50%.
That will save SG$6b/year.
Cut the weapon PO and all unnecessary weapon. No one will start war with Singapore. Malaysia/Indonesia will not fire the weapon at Singapore 1st.

u must be joking. i 'll love the gahmen to save money on the saf and work on infrastructure n job creation but our hoard of weapons including WMDs are the only edge we have over our neighbours. you can't trust those militants and fundamentalist. they'll slaughter us like east timor if given a chance.

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal
This issue was discussed before. If SAF cuts budget, local suppliers like ST Engineering will be affected. Half of ST can close shop. ST employs mostly Singaporeans because of national security reason. If half of ST closes shop, thousands of Singaporeans will be out of job.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This issue was discussed before. If SAF cuts budget, local suppliers like ST Engineering will be affected. Half of ST can close shop. ST employs mostly Singaporeans because of national security reason. If half of ST closes shop, thousands of Singaporeans will be out of job.

Gov can ask ST Eng. use the budget to built more advance MRT and system. If sucess can sell it to others country .

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
It made sense when NS was first rolled out. Weapons with Vietnam war surpluses include pieces of human flesh, NS guys carrying 81mm mortars along Old Tampines rd, One General Winston Choo with decorations which Lau Lee thought beri funny. The basic idea is if our men are taught to fight and shoot accurately, our neighbors are less inclined to create troubles like Indonesian Konfrontasi or communist terror group. Now it all gold plated with paper generals, billion dollars squadron with nowhere to fly. Now we become arms merchant and sell to Iran and landmines to other dictatorships. Meanwhile sissyboy starting with Pondan Loong as the first white horse get special treatments like no night training and get maids and parents to carry their fieldpack.

An expensive joke that Singaporen has to pay for in higher taxes and guard duties during NS to protect Ah Tiongs condo values.