• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SDP: Time to reinstate workers' rights

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't exaggerate. The only cheem word is neo liberal. All the other words are taught at primary school. Dun tell me you dun know them
Jargons are not necessarily cheem words. Most people know the words Washington and consensus, but put these two together, they become a jargon that few common folks know. Neoliberalism, market fundamentalism, and beating around labor rights etc within such a short public statement. You can almost hear a collective huh? Li gong simi?

Being able to articulate in concise and simple manner so that the man on the street can instantly understand, is an essential skill for any successful politician. It is disappointing to see that SDP has not realized this problem even after so many election defeats.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When SDP etc says Workers rights,,,I want to know is it for SIngaporean Workers or Foreigners? if its Foreigners I dont give a shit,,and SDP is indeed promoting treason as they are not standing up for Singaporeans.

If i was SMRT,,,I will sack the lot of Ah TIong Drivers, send them back to China within 48 hrs and get the Immigration to banned them from entering SIngapore for life.

Foreigners are here do compliment the SIngaporean workforce not replace them..they not happy,,dont work...go home,,its not my problem.,,if they think conditions in China are better,,,than stay in China lah,,come to Spore for what??

I have seen so many of these foreigners exploiting the generosity of host countries in ANg mor lands,,,and in Spore Foreigners have been exploiting Singapore for decades..its time to put a stop to this shit whereby locals are 3rd class citizens

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This time the article is well written as opposed tonMyanmar workers type comms. This one I felt is better balanced and hits the PAP across a number of issues, the NTUC, high ministers salaries, income inequality, stagnant wages, Chinese embassy speak for PRC workers but who speaks for Singapore workers etc.

I am currently holding my dick anticipating a hard hitting press release from WP as such political opportunities are few and far between. And their party name interestingly has something do with "workers" and their party uniform has something do with blue collar symbolism. My grip on my dick is getting tighter with excitement as any time soon, the press release would mention things like

- poor handling of wage issues
- press unable to call a strike a strike and who gave the orders to the press
- why depending on a single govt run union has inbuilt conflict of interest and a bad idea
- why are we paying a minister without portfolio a millionaires salary and a simple framework was pooly managed by a GLC
- why SMRT has so many problem with senior management struggling on basic things
- wider issue of depending on foreigners and recurring issue of foreign labour policies etc

I wait in hope.

When SDP etc says Workers rights,,,I want to know is it for SIngaporean Workers or Foreigners? if its Foreigners I dont give a shit,,and SDP is indeed promoting treason as they are not standing up for Singaporeans.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP is seriously not up there on the policy side. Too busy trying to do the practical work of winning votes. That reminds me of my insurance agent, very pleasant chap, always sends me a card for new year, but I cancelled the policy anyway because it was investment linked and term life is a better use of my money.

Last edited:

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes all the important issues were mentioned in the sdp press release and most importantly the press release made Singaporeans the focus.

I am glad sdp has the priorities right.