• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SDP crap

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Chin

Article lifted from the latest commentary on their website. I am frankly appalled at how the situation was taken and commented upon just to start another Anti PAP tirade. Mind you I found their SDP Transport paper helpful in many aspects though again one element struck me as not particularly well thought out. In particular their suggestion that the poor should have cars and that the COE system should be tweaked as such to achieve such a policy goal

Locke

A

Alu862

Generally, I agree with your points.

1. Is this from Chee's latest book?

2. IBAHR, though critical of certain aspects of how S'pore is run, has nonetheless acknowledged LKY's achievements, along with numerous independent international agencies. There is not the slightest doubt of what PAP has done for S'pore.

3. Political stability and good governance are paramount to a country first few phases of developments. Self-sustainability in the longer term is the more difficult part.

Chee's book is nothing. Academics have already critically praised East Asian systems

2. SDP however does not see any good side in Singapore or the PAP. Even the opposition parties in Latin America do accept the ruling parties policies. Wait, let's not forget the SDP has not policy at all.

one2unite

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chee's book is nothing. Academics have already critically praised East Asian systems

By the way, what are PAP's policies except to open the floodgates to foreign cheap labour from Third World countries to satisfy foreign MNCs, in particular the US imperialist interests in Singapore.

Even our own academics from NTU were censored for saying that eight out of 10 jobs created go to foreigners.

The PAP's foreign policy is based on appeasing the US, including the containment of China and being part of the coalition of the willing to "export democracy" to Iraq.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Article lifted from the latest commentary on their website. I am frankly appalled at how the situation was taken and commented upon just to start another Anti PAP tirade. Mind you I found their SDP Transport paper helpful in many aspects though again one element struck me as not particularly well thought out. In particular their suggestion that the poor should have cars and that the COE system should be tweaked as such to achieve such a policy goal

Perhaps PERC should be more forthcoming in disclosure of information regarding the organisation. It would be interesting to know the answers to the questions which SDP has raised.

On SDP's proposal to tweak the COE system so that the poor can own cars, I agree with you that the end result will be disastrous as

(1) the road will be so congested that no vehicles can move on the roads.

(2) the poor are subsidised for car ownerships and they can then sell their cars for a quick profit in the resale market.

etc ...

A

Alu862

By the way, what are PAP's policies except to open the floodgates to foreign cheap labour from Third World countries to satisfy foreign MNCs, in particular the US imperialist interests in Singapore.

Even our own academics from NTU were censored for saying that eight out of 10 jobs created go to foreigners.

The PAP's foreign policy is based on appeasing the US, including the containment of China and being part of the coalition of the willing to "export democracy" to Iraq.

On the first paragraph I would agree. But what is SDP's stance on the issue? Should we totally shut off MNCs and foreign labour? What is theri plan for the workers of Singapore.

The PAP has seen that the pro US way is their wy to go. It is no doubt not an ideal way but being other wise no US could lead to unfavourable positions such as being isolated

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal

2. SDP however does not see any good side in Singapore or the PAP. Even the opposition parties in Latin America do accept the ruling parties policies. Wait, let's not forget the SDP has not policy at all.

South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan etc are all democracies. Only China and North Korea are not.

Specifically, SDP is at variance with PAP on civil and political rights. Related to these are the independence of the judiciary when opposition politicians or PAP critics are on trials and the independence of the media.

Other than those, SDP's disagreements on most policies are minor and only require some tweaking.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
SDP is along side NSP a "no policies" party. Their website is dedicate to bitching (it is more a blog of hatred with stupid thumbs upp and thumbs down and greying out comments)

Their website is dedicated to promote its partisan party politics and civil activities.

A

Alu862

Their website is dedicated to promote its partisan party politics and civil activities.

THEIR WEBSITE IS MORE A PERSONAL BLOG of HATRED AND STUPIDITY
. LOOK AT THE US DEMOCRATS OR THE REPUBLICANS WEBSITES OR EVEN MALAYSIAN/THAI/FLIPINO POLITICAL WEBSITES. DO THEY HAVE THUMBS UP AND DOWN RO COMMENTS THAT CONTAIN FOUL LANGUAGE? DO THEY "GREY OUT" COMMENTS THAT ARE NOT IN FAVOUR OF THE PARTY? DO THEY POST ALL ARTICLES AIRING THE DIRTY LINEN OF THE RULING PARTY EVERYDAY?

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
THEIR WEBSITE IS MORE A PERSONAL BLOG of HATRED AND STUPIDITY
. LOOK AT THE US DEMOCRATS OR THE REPUBLICANS WEBSITES OR EVEN MALAYSIAN/THAI/FLIPINO POLITICAL WEBSITES. DO THEY HAVE THUMBS UP AND DOWN RO COMMENTS THAT CONTAIN FOUL LANGUAGE? DO THEY "GREY OUT" COMMENTS THAT ARE NOT IN FAVOUR OF THE PARTY? DO THEY POST ALL ARTICLES AIRING THE DIRTY LINEN OF THE RULING PARTY EVERYDAY?

Partisan politics are adversarial in nature. Nothing of hate to speak about. The political game dictates political parties to be critical of your political opponents. Praise thyself and point out the follies of your opponents.

A

Alu862

Partisan politics are adversarial in nature. Nothing of hate to speak about. The political game dictates political parties to be critical of your political opponents. Praise thyself and point out the follies of your opponents.

Any GP student would know how to balance the argument. SDP does not know how to. It is a hated site against PAP and not for Singapore

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's what Singapore's biggest MONGREL Lee Kuan Yew want us to believe in order to hide is background as despicable Japanese collaborator and a toady of British imperialism. Declassified documents by LKY's British masters show him out to be a puppet. Now he is the champion running dog of US imperialism, having mortgaged the country to Uncle Sam. LKY aids and abets the US neocons in their grand design to contain China.

Get real. Do you really think the UK would have handed over a colony to a Japanese collaborator?

You really underrate the MI6.

A

Alu862

Get real. Do you really think the UK would have handed over a colony to a Japanese collaborator?

You really underrate the MI6.

Exactly. LIM CS may not have been a communist and was loyal to Singapore, but to the Brits he was part of that "red scare" sweeping across the world (even though we know that is rubbish). He did not know how to play the game with int'l relations of the Cold War hanging over colonies. So the Brits chose the other man that we know too well about.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
You do the late Raja and his legacy a slight injustice Bro. PAP govt's foreign policy has more depth and is more complex.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
This was why balloting was not introduced for cars, came from an AS chap when I asked him years ago why not introduce balloting for cars to make it more equitable.

(2) the poor are subsidised for car ownerships and they can then sell their cars for a quick profit in the resale market.

etc ...

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
SDP appear to favour welfarism which is a big No in PAPs book. What I would like to know is how does SDP plan to pay for such welfarism over the long term? Remember what you give you cannot take back.

Other than those, SDP's disagreements on most policies are minor and only require some tweaking.

A

Alu862

How come you didn't write balance arguments on SDP? You failed your GP is it?

I am showing the failure of the Chee lead SDP but I never said outright that his policies were wrong .They are just of waste of time and destroy the meaning of what a political party is. In any case, his site is the one to question. Do you see opposition site in other countries constantly airing the main parties dirty linen?

A

Alu862

SDP appear to favour welfarism which is a big No in PAPs book. What I would like to know is how does SDP plan to pay for such welfarism over the long term? Remember what you give you cannot take back.

Exactly. The SDP hs not said what it will do. And do n't go into the"we need to know how much reserves there are" or "there is no full discosure by the PAP" stuff.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am showing the failure of the Chee lead SDP but I never said outright that his policies were wrong .They are just of waste of time and destroy the meaning of what a political party is. In any case, his site is the one to question. Do you see opposition site in other countries constantly airing the main parties dirty linen?

But you only show one side which means your GP failed.