• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat SCDF Occifer Charged for leaving Ah Go alone in burning flat!

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Once again, that is not a problem if the HDB had build fire sprinklers and smoke detectors into their flats. If the bike catches fire, sprinklers come on, fire out. End of story.
Build smoke detector? Well that’s going to be real useful when the battery explodes and the fire breaks out in an instant.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I thought that it should be "leave no man behind" in the uniform service. Sergeant Edward Go’s superior disregarded the SCDF code by leaving Go alone to fight the fire, and compounded his cowardice by not informing anyone that the NSF was basically on his own left i.e. he was abandoned. Justice will be served if this regular SCDF officer's career is over at the age of 38. The second officer is as culpable for failing to ensure the safety of the operation after assuming command of the incident. Why did these 2 regulars not look out for young NSF under them? Aren't they career officers who have gone through the proper training and swore to take care of their subordinates?
Leave no man behind? hahahaaha. U obviously have not done NS.

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Leave no man behind? hahahaaha. U obviously have not done NS.
On the contrary. I have completed my duties as a NSman as I am a true blue S'porean male who is past the age of 40 years. I can hold my head up high that I have left no man behind during all my years of service. Of course, not all servicemen can lay claim to that.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fire breaks out, water comes out from sprinklers, fire goes out. Which part of this are u confused with?
You are the one who’s confused. Clearly your knowledge of firefighting is still stuck in the 80s. Stick to petty insults and lame jokes in this forum. U ain’t no intellect. Lol

oliverlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
On the contrary. I have completed my duties as a NSman as I am a true blue S'porean male who is past the age of 40 years. I can hold my head up high that I have left no man behind during all my years of service. Of course, not all servicemen can lay claim to that.
then you haven't worked a single day in the civil service. NS is different from regular jobs because the military writes its own rules, and subjects service men to protocol that is irrelevant in the real world. Get into the civil service, and see how ppl only work for themselves, where such self serving, self aggrandising wisdom trickles all the way down from the top.

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
then you haven't worked a single day in the civil service. NS is different from regular jobs because the military writes its own rules, and subjects service men to protocol that is irrelevant in the real world. Get into the civil service, and see how ppl only work for themselves, where such self serving, self aggrandising wisdom trickles all the way down from the top.
I have been in the private sector for most of my working life after a short stint in the civil service after graduating from NUS. Based on my personal experience, the politics and backstabbing in the corporate world is far worse than anything that I experienced in the public sector.

orh mee suah

Alfrescian
Loyal
If there was no equipment failure, why did the NSman die?
There ought to be at least one safety feature in the SCBA that warns the user to evacuate when the air pressure in the compressed air cylinder falls to a pre-set level.

oliverlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been in the private sector for most of my working life after a short stint in the civil service after graduating from NUS. Based on my personal experience, the politics and backstabbing in the corporate world is far worse than anything that I experienced in the public sector.
It's a different kind of politics, driven by different sets of motivation. In the corporate world you have every reason to stab even your partner because its all about money, profit and the bottom line. In the public sector, you stab for what? Look at the appalling state of politics and civil service in Sg. Fucker even stabs his own family

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's a different kind of politics, driven by different sets of motivation. In the corporate world you have every reason to stab even your partner because its all about money, profit and the bottom line. In the public sector, you stab for what? Look at the appalling state of politics and civil service in Sg. Fucker even stabs his own family
I couldn't agree with you more. I recall that democracy in S'pore died the day Goh Chok Tong declared that we do not need an Opposition to act as a check and balance on the Govt, as they are capable of doing their own checks. Look at where we are now with the "ownself check ownself" policy. Basically, our leaders are free to ride roughshod over its own citizens.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I couldn't agree with you more. I recall that democracy in S'pore died the day Goh Chok Tong declared that we do not need an Opposition to act as a check and balance on the Govt, as they are capable of doing their own checks. Look at where we are now with the "ownself check ownself" policy. Basically, our leaders are free to ride roughshod over its own citizens.
Confirmed u are not a singaporean. If u are one, then u must be the dumbest sinkie around. In order for democracy to die in Singapore, you need to have it first. Since when did singapore ever get democracy? We exchanged angmo colonial dictator for chinese hakka dictator.

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Confirmed u are not a singaporean. If u are one, then u must be the dumbest sinkie around. In order for democracy to die in Singapore, you need to have it first. Since when did singapore ever get democracy? We exchanged angmo colonial dictator for chinese hakka dictator.
Surely you have enough grey matter in your head to realise that "democracy" exists in many forms and degrees as well as definitions. I may be wrong about your mental capacity though. LOL!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Surely you have enough grey matter in your head to realise that "democracy" exists in many forms and degrees as well as definitions. I may be wrong about your mental capacity though. LOL!
Ok, keep up your fantasy. Democracy exists in many forms your cheebye. U have democracy or you don't have it. which part of this are you confused about?