• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Saying Please and Thank You not in the vocabulary of an India Indian

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
900,000 more is on their way. You sinkies will soon be minority. Channel 8 will soon be airing Bollywood movies and shows. Hahahaha.......

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Does it matter? I give respect when respect is due. I've gone through much in life working with shorter people, bosses and all.

I just have an intense dislike towards those that act tough when they have no basis to.

No problem bro. I think u did the right thing.

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does a snake say thank you after you helped it? No right ? So why do you expect so much more from these indians? U help another living thing out of the goodness of your heart not expecting something good back but in this case be prepared to get striked back.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Despite all the years of British Raj, I don't think they shared the words "Please" and "Thank You" with Indians.

Is it me or does it happen to most people. You can hold the door to let them thru, you can give them directions, you can answer their questions but you will never hear a word of thanks or even a nod to acknowledge that you had helped them. There are exceptions of course but generally know.

Their ladies are the worst. Cutting queue seems to be cultural trait and we are dealing with many of them that have come from the US and UK and have raised their kids who accents clearly indicate their time spent there.

We should seriously consider sending them for some sort of orientation prior to admission and maybe a deposit for good behaviour.

Its coming to a stage where it is quite unbearable. I am sure we have made many strides over many moons but all these seems to have been quickly eroded by uncouth people.

This people are not only uncouth in their daily interaction with the people, they are also very boastful and demanding. Please see the following examples of two recent "sightings" of such good-for-nothing Indians in our country. Both incident concerns our SBS Transit buses.
Incident Number 1
An internal bus service heading for the nearby terminal stopped at a bus-stop and a crowd went into it slowly. A short and stocky Indian lady struggled with some plastic bags and rushed into the bus, not bothering about other people slowly moving in. What she did surprised everyone. She tapped her ez-link card and immediately left her bags on a seat and then disembarked from the bus and waited outside. The driver was told by her that she was waiting for someone. The bus waited for nearly 10 minutes and then she re-boarded the bus accompanied by another Indian lady. Both of them did not even bother to apologise to the other commuters or the driver. The bus started to move. A local Indian and his Chinese friend lambasted the duo and also rebuke the driver. Both of them told the two wolverines not to think that they can do as they like and that they owe the commuters an apology. The two could not be bothered and were seen seated on the seat and busy with their handphones.
If these incident in India, the driver of the rickety and stinking Indian bus would have ythrown their bags out through the broken bus windows and drove the bus off. Maybe the poor SBS Transit bus driver dare not move off as he may have feared facing a diciplinary committee.
Incident Number 2
A bus was cruising along Loyang Avenue heading for Changi Village.It was coming from Bishan (No: 59). It was not full and some seats were still available. Two India Indian couples, with folded huge prams, big baskets and chiildren in tow boarded the bus. They went straight for the empty seats and "conquered" it by placing the prams on it close to the windows and seating close to the aisle. The wives dis the same and left their huge baskets close to their sides too. The four children went and occupied other seats. The bus moved off. At the next bus stop a Malay couple boarded the bus along with their 3 children and an old women (whom the kids addressed as "Nenek" or maternal grandma). The Malay lady was heavily pregnant and her mother was bent with age and limping. The India Indians did not bat an eye-lid at the Malay lady, her three children and the elderly grandma. My friend and me who were seated at the front area close to the Indian bus driver (we found out later that he was a Malaysian employed by SBS Transit). Mt friend went up and told the driver about the situation. The driver stopped at the next bus-stop and walked up to the India Indian couples and told them very politely that prams and bags should be kept at the empty area at the mid-section of the bus and not on their seats. They were also told to remove their children from their occupied seats and be seated close to them. He then gestured to the pregnant lady, her aged mother and children to take the empty seats. The couples did as were told but not after much murmurings and by loudly telling off the driver that he should remember that he was only a driver earning a meagre salary. Their spoken English was so incomprehensible that I could hardly understand what they were rattling away. The driver too may have been in the same position. He then came back to the driver's seat and the bus took off. The hissing couple, their gigantic possessions and their ill-mannered and mischievious kids got off at the first bus-stop before the main Changi terminal. My friend and I commended the driver.
If this was in India, the other passengers would have thrown their possessions and themselves off the bus. When will these unscrupulous people learn to behave like fellow Singaporeans.
Pushing prams does not make them overnight into Englishmen and women from the good old Victorian England. A leopard should not forget its spots for it can be identified even in disguise.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Come to think of it. I cannot remember our local Indians (tamils, sikhs, etc) using prams or strollers very much in their days. They mostly carry their infant in their arms or on their backs, or if they are older, just hold their hands standing beside them.

So if you see Indians with prams esp humongous ones, you are likely to be seeing one of these India Indians who can't wait to show off their motherhood and fertility. Very possibly avoiding all eye contacts with the locals and expecting the train or bus passengers to go gaga-ing over their babies.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does it matter? I give respect when respect is due. I've gone through much in life working with shorter people, bosses and all.

I just have an intense dislike towards those that act tough when they have no basis to.

How about replace the word 'excuse me' with 'tsk, tsk...'? And 'Ah chiu....ah chiu....'(sneeze)! :biggrin: