• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Saw Phaik Hwa starts new blog -- where's LTA's gag order?!?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SMRT chief Saw Phaik Hwa starts blog

Satish Cheney
inSing.com - 37 mins ago

pc_600x450.jpg
<cite style="display: block; font-style: normal; font-size: 10px; margin-top: 4px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 4px; margin-left: 0px; ">(Pic / Internet)</cite>
SMRT CEO Saw Phaik Hwa, who will be leaving her post soon to pursue her personal interests, has started a new blog titled, 'isaw – isphy'.

The 57-year-old was under intense scrutiny and criticism from the public following two massive rail network breakdowns late last year.

Netizens slammed her and demanded for her resignation.A photo(above) of her dressed as an empress and being carried by men went viral as well.

This is her maiden post:

"You must be wondering why I am starting this blog.

Well, a lot has happened in the last 9 years during my time as SMRT CEO.

When I was asked in 2002 to take up the SMRT post, I knew little about the company, as my last job took me away from Singapore quite a bit and my interaction was largely at an international commercial organisation serving travellers.

Since then, times have changed. I feel so much for SMRT and the men and women in the organisation who serve the nation selflessly every day.

In my final weeks as CEO, I will be taking a walk down memory lane, and moving on. So much has been said, many moments and words I will always remember. It is now the time for me to express my personal thoughts.

I will be sharing my life, reflecting on how the experience has changed me, and also talking about how I think SMRT has changed, what we were then and what we are today, and what the future holds for both of us.

In 2002 when I left DFS, I thought I would naturally move along the same retail industry which I have been in since my graduation in 1978. However, when the job opportunity at SMRT came along, I was open to explore.

It was perhaps the sense of adventure, challenge and freshness, which excited me. The board convinced me that they were ready for leadership that would bring the company to a real listed corporation with opportunities to find synergy in 2 newly merged organisations.

So I took the plunge, left my comfort zone and boarded a completely new train."

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
She probably knew just as little when she left.

When I was asked in 2002 to take up the SMRT post, I knew little about the company, as my last job took me away from Singapore quite a bit and my interaction was largely at an international commercial organisation serving travellers.

Hope she's not going to walk being carried on another sedan chair!

In my final weeks as CEO, I will be taking a walk down memory lane, and moving on. So much has been said, many moments and words I will always remember. It is now the time for me to express my personal thoughts.

Who really cares a shit?

I will be sharing my life, reflecting on how the experience has changed me, and also talking about how I think SMRT has changed, what we were then and what we are today, and what the future holds for both of us.

So I took the plunge, left my comfort zone and boarded a completely new train." AND IT CRASHED!!

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<header class="entry-header" style="position: relative; color: rgb(74, 74, 74); font-family: Garamond, 'Hoefler Text', 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; font-size: 20px; line-height: 25px; ">About

</header>This is my official blog. I have only one web site and this is it at http://www.isaw-isphy.com.
If there are other sites who claim to be Saw Phaik Hwa’s, believe nothing unless you hear it from me on my official site. I will blog as and when I can and want to, and I’ll write only what I’ve seen, and how I view things. I write for myself, and I write from my heart.

Name:
Saw Phaik Hwa
Alumni:
National University of Singapore (NUS)
Passionate about:
Taichi- I practice at 28C Hong Kong Street. There’s so much comradeship there and it has a great atmosphere too.
Chinese operas. Both Cantonese and Beijing.
Life Arts- Advisor to Singapore Life Art Society
Childhood dream:
To conquer Mount Everest
Travelling Plans:
My next destination would be the Baltics and the Safari. I’m trying to travel with older aunts and uncles before we lose the opportunity.

FAVOURITES…
Food:
Good laksa at Alexandra Village, 小笼包 at Neil Road, fried hor fun at Sago Lane, soya chicken at Upper Cross Street and more. Sushi from Tatsuya, Rebochon and Waku Ghin.
Dessert:
Local delights like durian, ice potong and fruits. Ice cream from Haagen Dazs, Ben and Jerry’s and Movenpick and chocolates.
Spot to relax:
Botanic Gardens, my absolute favourite place in Singapore.
Thing to do:
An ideal evening is… being able to vegetate! Eat and have good wine with my friends.
Movie:
Artistic, emotional, exciting, thrillers, martial art or sci-fi films. Almost everything! Departures is one of my all-time favourites.
Books:
My favourite author is James Michener. Also suspense novels by writers like John Grisham. Currently, I’m reading Stieg Larsson’s The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I notice that one of her favourite past times is "tai chi"

At least there is some truth in her profile :p

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha! Shanmugam's talks with his foot in his mouth - again!! Acc to Saw, he didnt see that security costs are borne by SMRT and not fare-paying commuters.

Shan - better send Saw a lawyer's letter for calling you a liar or blurfuck.

Last edited: