• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sammyboy forum list of traitors

yuelao

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. Char lAtan* aka Char Azn
2. stupidfuck aka silverfox

* He seems to have cleaned up his act a little in recent times. I will be monitoring his actions very closely and shaft him in the arse when necessary.

:oIo:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where's the racist chao ah neh yellow_people and Thai-pimp-still-in-Sinkapore aka Tonychat?

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1. Char lAtan* aka Char Azn
2. stupidfuck aka silverfox

* He seems to have cleaned up his act a little in recent times. I will be monitoring his actions very closely and shaft him in the arse when necessary.

:oIo:

My official nick have an underscore in between

Char_Azn

And I have no idea what U are talking about cleaning my arse. I still post whatever I think :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I dun see how just becoz U dun agree with my views makes me a traitor. A lot of other pple don't agree with each other's view, does that make everyone a traitor :rolleyes::rolleyes:

yuelao

Alfrescian
Loyal
And I have no idea what U are talking about cleaning my arse. I still post whatever I think :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I dun see how just becoz U dun agree with my views makes me a traitor. A lot of other pple don't agree with each other's view, does that make everyone a traitor :rolleyes::rolleyes:

You fucking Char lAtan, holding different views by itself is not indicative of traitorous behaviour. It is the views themselves that make you a traitor. Allowing or supporting free-flow influx of foreigners have always been considered traitorous behaviour by the common people. :oIo:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You fucking Char lAtan, holding different views by itself is not indicative of traitorous behaviour. It is the views themselves that make you a traitor. Allowing or supporting free-flow influx of foreigners have always been considered traitorous behaviour by the common people. :oIo:

Please point to "when I have ever supported Free Flow influx of foreigners"

My views on the foreign policy have always been as follows
  1. We need foreigners
  2. However we should reduce our dependency on Foreigners
  3. I have serious problems with PRs
  4. We should reduce/limit the benefits of PRs more then what they have now
  5. I have no problem with PRs as long as they are willing to take up citizenship
  6. We should treat new citizens like any other locals

I believe I have always been consistent on this points

yuelao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please point to "when I have ever supported Free Flow influx of foreigners"

Come on, you were the one that supported having foreigners simply because your big fuck granddaddy came to Sinkieland eons ago. Have you forgotten your stupid argument? Don't try to fool others now with these qualifiying statements. :oIo:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Come on, you were the one that supported having foreigners simply because your big fuck granddaddy came to Sinkieland eons ago. Have you forgotten your stupid argument? Don't try to fool others now with these qualifiying statements. :oIo:

Unless you are Mat. Your ancestor also came from China and if U refer back to that thread. U guys were condemning someone who took up citizenship.

See point 6
We should treat new citizens like any other locals

yuelao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unless you are Mat. Your ancestor also came from China and if U refer back to that thread. U guys were condemning someone who took up citizenship.

See point 6

I rest my case. Allowing foreigners should be a function of need and how comfortable the people will be with them, including having sufficient infrastructure and resources. It is never about just because you are immigrants yourself, you should now allow everyone in.

If we go with your kind of reasoning, anyone should just be able to migrate anywhere since everyone came from Africa some time ago. Please explain why other countries screen their immigrants very carefully. If you disagree, list out the countries with 40% foreigners enjoying almost the same rights and benefits as the citizens while having none of the obligations.
:oIo::oIo::oIo:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My reasoning is simple. Let's say for example 1 day U or I decide to migrate to Australia or maybe Canada. Do Urself and your kid to be treated as FT or treated as one of the locals.

If I took up citizenship in another country I'd expect pple to treat me as equal, not as another FT

As for the article in question. Just in case you have forgotten, the article was about a former China man who took up citizenship here. Live here for a decade or so, got his family here. The son was serving NS and just pass out from OCS. They were at the parade to see their son. Everyone was comdemning the family.

Personally if the former China man was a PR and not a citizen, I couldn't care less, but the fact that he took up citizenship, I personally feel we should treat him as equal

By screening carefully U mean like the Aussies, allowing tons of pple with a cert in Hair dressing to be given PR status just becoz they took the cert there? Which sounds as easy as here if you ask me. And just in case you think they are changing the criteria and stopping pple with hair dressing cert to take up PR status, do not worry. I have a Myanmmar friend(used to study in SG) who just managed to get PR by taking a manicure cert in Perth(2 mths back) so you can do down that route if needed. In SG PRs are easy to come by which is why i said earlier,
I have serious problems with PRs
(see point 3 from my earlier post)

However as far as I'm concern there is a big difference between PR -> citizenship.

As for the arguments between benefits of Citizens and foreginers
Here's the link

You can decide for yourself and as for my opinion on that, see point 4 of my previous post
We should reduce/limit the benefits of PRs more then what they have now

yuelao

Alfrescian
Loyal
--rubbish snipped--

You bloody Char lAtan. Did I say it is wrong for immigrants to become citizens? What I said was the number and quality of foreigners have to be managed properly? If you look at the figures, the citizen population increase has only been about 600K over more than 20 years. Whether this is alright is an issue to be debated another day. The main issue now is why are there 40% foreigners living on this stinking/sinking island. If every foreigner is rushing to apply citizenship, then that would also be a concern as the underlying issues have not been resolved yet.

yuelao

Alfrescian
Loyal
what's wrong with silverfox?

he gives sound advice...

Below is his usual refrain:

There are 2 sides to a coin. But its also true that there are many jobs that locals do not want to take up due to the nature of the job.

Locals do not want to take up those jobs because they are not worth taking up in the first place. Importing foreigners wholesale is not the answer to this problem. It only benefits certain segments of the population and marginalises the majority.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't know where U got your numbers but here

Resident population of SG
1960 1,646.4
1970 2,013.6
1980 2,282.1
1990 2,735.9
2000 3,273.4 <- year where the Pro FT policy began
2010 3,771.7

http://www.singstat.gov.sg

Don't know about you but other then the period between 70-80 there seem to have been a steady increase of about 500K every decade. So even with the influx of all the FTs, it doesn't look like we are increasing the numbers for just because the FT population here have increase

yuelao

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know where U got your numbers but here

Resident population of SG
1960 1,646.4
1970 2,013.6
1980 2,282.1
1990 2,735.9
2000 3,273.4 <- year where the Pro FT policy began
2010 3,771.7

http://www.singstat.gov.sg

Don't know about you but other then the period between 70-80 there seem to have been a steady increase of about 500K every decade. So even with the influx of all the FTs, it doesn't look like we are increasing the numbers for just because the FT population here have increase

You fucking Char lAtan, you already said resident population, so that doesn't include the hordes of foreigners we have now. In those early years, most were just PRs and/or many converted to Sinkie citizenship very soon, there were very few on work permits. Also at that time, most of the adult population did not need to serve NS as they were born before 1950. At that time, the cultures of the new immigrants and citizens were also more similar. This is very unlike the situation now where the minority gets shafted.

The influx started in the 90s and not the 2000s, although at a lower rate in the 90s, you CB fuckhead. :oIo:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You fucking Char lAtan, you already said resident population, so that doesn't include the hordes of foreigners we have now. In those early years, most were just PRs and/or many converted to Sinkie citizenship very soon, there were very few on work permits. Also at that time, most of the adult population did not need to serve NS as they were born before 1950. At that time, the cultures of the new immigrants and citizens were also more similar. This is very unlike the situation now where the minority gets shafted.

The influx started in the 90s and not the 2000s, although at a lower rate in the 90s, you CB fuckhead. :oIo:

I don't know how similar pple from Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan have with us but that's where many of the immigrants before the opening up of the Foreigner policy in 2000

Even way back in 1980, only 85% of citizens were born in SG
The 1980 census showed that 85.5 percent of citizens had been born in Singapore, 7.8 percent in China (including Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan), 4.7 percent in Malaysia, and 1 percent in the Indian subcontinent (including Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka).

http://www.photius.com/countries/singapore/society/singapore_society_population_vital_st~1529.html

BTW the migration rate for the last 5 years have actually gone down

Year Net migration rate (migrant(s)/1,000 population)
2000 26.8
2001 26.45
2002 26.11
2003 25.76
2004 11.53
2005 10.3
2006 9.12
2007 7.98
2008 6.88
2009 5.82

http://www.indexmundi.com/g/g.aspx?c=sn&v=27