• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SAF Overseas Scholars cost us big money ...in the billions

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In all, there have been 292 Safos holders. Of these, 132 remain in active service.

My conservative calculation shows that each SAFOS costs the taxpayers $68 million - from the award of the scholarship to the day they die. Some SAFOS who have retired are getting pension of $1 million ...so, my estimate is possibly lower.

292 SAFOS = $19, 856, 000,000 ....that's a freaking $20 billion to support 292 elites.

Add in the Admin service scholars, those in the police force and the judicial service ....you can see that we are easily close to $100 billion in expenditure to support them.

$100 billion on scholars? Are we getting out money's worth?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
In all, there have been 292 Safos holders. Of these, 132 remain in active service.

My conservative calculation shows that each SAFOS costs the taxpayers $68 million - from the award of the scholarship to the day they die. Some SAFOS who have retired are getting pension of $1 million ...so, my estimate is possibly lower.

292 SAFOS = $19, 856, 000,000 ....that's a freaking $20 billion to support 292 elites.

Add in the Admin service scholars, those in the police force and the judicial service ....you can see that we are easily close to $100 billion in expenditure to support them.

$100 billion on scholars? Are we getting out money's worth?

Have you given thought to those who didn't reach BG rank and quit halfway

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All these SAF scholars (some concurrently president scholars) no fight with one single president scholar....
1 whore jinx already lost billions....if you want add his wife pinky....the damage cannot calculate

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i would rather spend a million grooming a future world contributor than a miserable buck on any mere moron. it's an undisputable fact that >99.999% of mankind owe its survival and success to a handful of geniuses and prodigies. those special personalities that transcend time and space need to be discovered and groomed for their inevitable roles of propelling the species to greater heights, including but not limited to mastering the universe as we know it. the great minds among the pappies are not just doing this for sg. they are doing the region and the world a favor. :rolleyes: :biggrin: :p

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Have you given thought to those who didn't reach BG rank and quit halfway

Those who quit are still entitled to their pension. Most get move to GLCs. In short, they continue to milk us.

Most scholars are in it for the money ...if you kwai kwai do as they told, you will be in the millionaire club in the mid thirties. Now, if you suck up, you will go places, as long as you suck up to the right people. Remember, there are two factions fighting it out in the PAP. You can see that in the cabinet as well.

jw5

Loyal
Anyone has the video or peekture of keechiu ushering pinky to his seat before a GE2011 lunchtime rally?
Points are available as a meagre reward for the forummer who can produce the video or peekture. :o:biggrin:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone has the video or peekture of keechiu ushering pinky to his seat before a GE2011 lunchtime rally?
Points are available as a meagre reward for the forummer who can produce the video or peekture. :o:biggrin:

[video=youtube;zQ9fHdAi6rQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ9fHdAi6rQ[/video]

This count

AhGuan

Alfrescian
Loyal
This one ..... in slightly translucent blouse ...... I'm about to cum

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_PBk1lqKCPU?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those who quit are still entitled to their pension. Most get move to GLCs. In short, they continue to milk us.

Most scholars are in it for the money ...if you kwai kwai do as they told, you will be in the millionaire club in the mid thirties. Now, if you suck up, you will go places, as long as you suck up to the right people. Remember, there are two factions fighting it out in the PAP. You can see that in the cabinet as well.

There are some rare one who quit or are thrown out because they dont comfort to PAP demands. Leave at Major or LTC rank. Not all BGs.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are some rare one who quit or are thrown out because they dont comfort to PAP demands. Leave at Major or LTC rank. Not all BGs.

Don't know how many leh ...not many, I assume. How many can resist throwing millions away by not toeing the line?

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't know how many leh ...not many, I assume. How many can resist throwing millions away by not toeing the line?

I know of one SAFOS, who intentionally not perform well, and may be the only SAFOS to leave after the bond, as a CPT.
Most SAFOS leave at LTC, after the 7 or 8 year bond.
My brother told me that at that time, may be 1980's, there were many SAFOS (inlcuding Tham Kui Seng 1976 SAFOS, who went to CAPITALAND) who left the SAF, probably due to the significant compensation difference at that time (commercial sector vs SAF). Thereafter, I heard that the SAF increased the salary ranges for SAFOS by a significant amount.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know of one SAFOS, who intentionally not perform well, and may be the only SAFOS to leave after the bond, as a CPT.
Most SAFOS leave at LTC, after the 7 or 8 year bond.
My brother told me that at that time, may be 1980's, there were many SAFOS (inlcuding Tham Kui Seng 1976 SAFOS, who went to CAPITALAND) who left the SAF, probably due to the significant compensation difference at that time (commercial sector vs SAF). Thereafter, I heard that the SAF increased the salary ranges for SAFOS by a significant amount.

Minimum is six years. Half way through the good ones are given a special note against their record and promoted fast like Kee Chiu or LHL. Some don't get the note and are quietly told that's the end.

Who there are is not that easy to find.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This one ..... in slightly translucent blouse ...... I'm about to cum

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_PBk1lqKCPU?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

She said "My name is Nicole, and I am Singaporean" .... encourage each other

It should be I am a Singaporean .... let us encourage one another (more than 2)

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Minimum is six years. Half way through the good ones are given a special note against their record and promoted fast like Kee Chiu or LHL. Some don't get the note and are quietly told that's the end.

Who there are is not that easy to find.

Who they are, not Who there are

I am unaware of the "note"

My time during NS, first batch SAFOS, then CPT Boey Tak Hap was brigade S3, there was another SAFOS LTA as Dy S3, and I was a 2LT going to LTA, then ORD.