• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SAF MO scolds sick NSman: You can only report sick if you collapse!

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sorry you fail there. One small problem - very often, the MO also reservist. You king he also king.

Good reply!

Many reservist actually think they are kings but are actually nobody outside.
Many officers just ignore them and give them face, not becos they fear these reservist jokers, but becos they couldnt give a shit where these guys come from.

The big shot reservist who return for in camp training are usually officers themselves, and they mostly do not behave as though they are kings because they know they are, inside and outside.

There's no King nor Big Shot reservist, everybody goes back ICT to serve and finish their liabilities as a male citizen of SG under the law.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good reply!

Many officers just ignore them and give them face, not becos they fear these reservist jokers, but becos they couldnt give a shit where these guys come from.

The big shot reservist who return for in camp training are usually officers themselves, and they mostly do not behave as though they are kings because they know they are, inside and outside.

as a ex reservist, i agree reservists are not king. Most reservists are reasonable ppl, u give an inch, reservists will give a yard. of course there will be knnbccb ppl who will take advantage, but they are minority, maybe one or two per platoon. Most trainers i encountered are ok, get damn uncomfortable when those 2Ltee trainers called us sir when giving instructions to us reservists. i had to remind them it them who have chocolate bar on shoulders, so no need to call us sir even though we were older. just call by what the name tag on the no.4 can liao.

normally it the fellow reservist occificers that give problem, pull ranks and try to siam. never never do that to reservists as do work only they feel like it. if reservists dulan, they can disobey orders just to get the PC/OC in trouble. The scout platoon once refuse to move out and stay in bunk because support OC pull rank on them, in the end, CO must go down to rectify the problem and he farked the PC and OC for making him lose face as the news spread to the brigade.

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now that I have heard both sides of the argument, I have a few questions. During peacetime, a soldier feeling slightly unwell decides to carry on with the training. However, unbeknownst to him, he actually has an underlying medical condition and drops dead subsequently. How would his family view his death? Was he being irresponsible? What if he was the sole breadwinner in the family?

Some may say that serving the country is greater than serving the family. But I would argue that the soldier's unnecessary death puts a greater burden on the country and if he was not cut out to be a soldier, the country would be better served by not having him as a soldier. However, I would say that everyone should undergo some kind of basic military training so that they can be called upon to provide some resistance should the worst occur. If a few deaths are acceptable, then has the state provided sufficient support so that his family need not suffer? Or are his fellow countrymen willing to support his family after his demise? Without answering these questions, no conscript army can train and fight properly unless they have been thoroughly brainwashed.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Now that I have heard both sides of the argument, I have a few questions. During peacetime, a soldier feeling slightly unwell decides to carry on with the training. However, unbeknownst to him, he actually has an underlying medical condition and drops dead subsequently. How would his family view his death? Was he being irresponsible? What if he was the sole breadwinner in the family?

Everyone who is enlisted has to first pass a medical assessment so the odds of dying are low.

However, as we all know, nothing is 100% certain except death and taxes and a few underlying medical conditions will go undetected resulting in the untimely demise of a few unlucky individuals.

While I sympathise with the family of these unfortunate exceptions, it doesn't alter the fact that premature death can occur under a variety of situations. Military training is but one of them.

If mankind's primary concern was the avoidance of risk, our species would have ended up extinct a long time ago.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
as a ex reservist, i agree reservists are not king. Most reservists are reasonable ppl, u give an inch, reservists will give a yard. of course there will be knnbccb ppl who will take advantage, but they are minority, maybe one or two per platoon. Most trainers i encountered are ok, get damn uncomfortable when those 2Ltee trainers called us sir when giving instructions to us reservists. i had to remind them it them who have chocolate bar on shoulders, so no need to call us sir even though we were older. just call by what the name tag on the no.4 can liao.

normally it the fellow reservist occificers that give problem, pull ranks and try to siam. never never do that to reservists as do work only they feel like it. if reservists dulan, they can disobey orders just to get the PC/OC in trouble. The scout platoon once refuse to move out and stay in bunk because support OC pull rank on them, in the end, CO must go down to rectify the problem and he farked the PC and OC for making him lose face as the news spread to the brigade.

During my ICT stint, i never have any problem with any reservist Officer or Man. Infact, we worked very happily together in every in camp training we had. We completed every single task faster and better than those NSF. I have a few problems with the regulars though, some directly against me, some against my guys. I m not a Officer, my appointment is PS.
Don't treat NSman like kids or NSF. Some regulars really need shit from reservist before they wake up their fucking idea. There's no King nor Big Fuck. It's about Human Management.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't treat NSman like kids or NSF. Some regulars really need shit from reservist before they wake up their fucking idea. There's no King nor Big Fuck. It's about Human Management.

maybe armour a small outfit, so enciks we had during NSF got transfer to ATC to be trainers. Even those lao enciks who gave us shit during NSF also become friendly at ICTs. My reservist battlion men and sgts were same unit from NSF but most occificers were from other units, it those that came from the NSF brigade HQ the most beh kan.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Everyone who is enlisted has to first pass a medical assessment so the odds of dying are low.

However, as we all know, nothing is 100% certain except death and taxes and a few underlying medical conditions will go undetected resulting in the untimely demise of certain unlucky individuals.

While I sympathise with the family of these unfortunate exceptions, it doesn't alter the fact that premature death can occur under a variety of situations. Military training is but one of them.

If mankind's primary concern was the avoidance of risk, our species would have ended up extinct a long time ago.

Not necessary, i was put through Medical Board. MO wanted to downgrade me to PES C, i refused. Ends up, i was downgraded from PES A to B. Reason; i do not want to spent the rest of my 2.5 years loboing around. How jiaklat can a training program be than sitting around waiting for time to pass. Mankind's primary concern has always been avoidance of risk, if not all medical researches would have been redundant. Your sympathy itself is not doing any good to the NSman's family should anything happens to him. Have you been to a RT? NSman don't travel all the way to RT Centre to keng, this can i assure you. % is very low. If want to keng, keng dizziness is damned stupid. It can at almost excuse you one lesson only. I will give benefit of doubt for this case.

Last edited:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
maybe armour a small outfit, so enciks we had during NSF got transfer to ATC to be trainers. Even those lao enciks who gave us shit during NSF also become friendly at ICTs. My reservist battlion men and sgts were same unit from NSF but most occificers were from other units, it those that came from the NSF brigade HQ the most beh kan.

I think it has nothing to do as for where these regulars are from and their military background. It's the person touch they are missing.

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal

Your pov does not alter the fact that compulsory military training increases your risk of premature death or serious injury. In this case, does taking on risk mean that there should be no mitigation provided should the risk eventuate? We all know that we should either avoid risk or mitigate risk. It is foolish to assume no risks exist and even more stupid to not provide compensation should the risk occur. However, the system in SG does not allow most to mitigate for the high risk. That is why I am saying the state needs to address this issue adequately before it can demand loyalty from its subjects.

Last edited:

Sir_Fcuk

Lunch Corporal
Loyal
Here's a tip for all the MOs and regulars in the SAF:

Reservists are kings. Treat them like one. Otherwise, you may never know who you are offending, and that may have serious repercussions when you step outside the camp gates and into civilian life.

You might also meet them in your next job interview......... :smile:

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sgp soldiers are guniang. All beri Kia see.

Little thing like giddyness also must see MOs.

Make a bug deal out of it.

Like that how to defend the country.

You are forgiven

I don't think you have NS going kids

You seems to be still a Young One

Wait until you are like us old-timers

For only then will you value Sanctity of Life

And understand how parents feel when their kids die during such training.

The kids of the PRs (exempted from NS) are all laughing at us.

You too are doing the same.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
we might as well wave the white flag at the first signs of a hostile force.

You claim to be a "seasoned and patriotic" soldier boy from those good old years.

This is by the manner in which you post comments on such issues concerning our kids in the army.

As a "seasoned and patriotic" soldier you have indeed "wave the white flag".

Look we have been invaded a long time ago by foreigners in the millions.

This was due to traitorous leaders who allowed these "marauders" to march in.

I ask forummers this question:

SHALL WE CHARGE OUR LEADERS WITH HIGH TREASON????"

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By giving scholarships to foreigners and letting yr own people have nothing? By letting in heaps of foreign trash is not treason by the PAP? than I do not know what is,,anyway,,no sinkie owes the country the need to do NS.,..NS should be abolish,,but it cant be cause have to feed all those uesless Civil Serpants in the army,,,,NS and the SAF in its current form is nothing but a waste of money,,with all these foreigners in Sinkieland,,Sinkieland is already conquered without a shot being fired,,,get on with the times,,AH Sam

The PAP hasn't betrayed anyone. It's doing a wonderful job.

The SAF has gone soft. In my days, things were a lot more realistic.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Balls2U;1129727 [COLOR="#FF0000" said:
I fed up and made one phone call to my uncle who was an old school mate of Winston Choo (Chief of Army then) to kow-peh[/COLOR].

Isn't this a clear indicator of what links to the rich, famous and powerful can do in 1st World Singapore which does not belief in Connections, Cronyism and Nepotism.

Btw, you were lucky.

I feel sorry for those from poor and "unconnected" backgrounds.

TO BE HONEST WINSTON CHOO was a wonderful officer and true gentlemen. He used to drink Johnny Walker Black label with soldiers and policemen in the messes. His good buddy was Police Dy Commissioner,the late Michael Chai.

Last edited:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes a dizzy spell can lead to death. So too can a mole that turns cancerous, breathlessness could be the beginnings of a heart attack, stomach pains could mean fatal food poisoning, a scratch can turn septic and lead to amputation.

My suggestion is that all the dumbfuck sinkies who are terrified of dying should stay at home. Don't get out of bed. It's a dangerous world out there.

Bunch of pussycats! No wonder the foreigners can walk all over you pathetic specimens without consequence. :rolleyes:

You are not a fair person. Although I hate the balless Sinkie species they are not to be blamed for the huge influx of FTs. Not everyone supports the elected system of government but to make a sweeping statement that all Sinkie are pathetic and deserved to be walk over on says alot about your ill intention and your true expressed views of everyone with the exception of the elites, residing here.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good reply!

U are kidding right? There are corporals who are more powerful up the food chain than officers outside army.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
If realism isn't achieved during peacetime training, you can forget about winning any war. In fact, many armies put their trainees through greater stresses during exercises than they would normally encounter in real battleground situations.

As for those who collapsed and died during RT, all I can say is that it's nature's way of weeding out the weakest links. Hopefully, it prevents the defective genes from being passed on to the next generation.

As usual, u are full of shit. I can guarantee u one thing about your theory of realism in training. U can have the best trained soldiers, even battle hardened soldiers, the best peacetime training, the best equipment, the fittest and most motivated soldiers, etc. All of this does not mean a damn thing when u do not have competent generals to lead them in war. A general whose agenda is political office, and spends the least amount of time possible in the army on his way to being a politician will lead his men into a quick battlefield defeat, no matter how good the men are.

Last edited:

Sir_Fcuk

Lunch Corporal
Loyal
A general whose agenda is political office, and spends the least amount of time possible in the army on his way to being a politician will lead his men into a quick battlefield defeat, no matter how good the men are.

Just like KEE CHIU. What a boyish act tough guniang

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

TO BE HONEST WINSTON CHOO was a wonderful officer and true gentlemen. He used to drink Johnny Walker Black label with soldiers and policemen in the messes. His good buddy was Police Dy Commissioner,the late Michael Chai.

That's hardly being honest. In fact, its downrght dishonest. Winston was no gentleman, and at most a borderline officer. If our enemies knew how incompetent he was, they would have invaded a long time ago. Winston is a big time chekopek.He used to hang around all the MDC dancers trying to pick girls up and fuck them. Imagine, you are chief of the armed forces, and you have so much time to hang around MDC rehearsals and check out the girls? All his personal assistant are 6 officers girls, who are the most beautiful girls he can find in the SAF. And he likes to get them fresh out of Golf company at OCS. He is a notorious womaniser. And well known for it. I don't know Michael Chai, but I imagine he is another womaniser and I wouldn't be surprised if they chiong together.

Winston was installed in the SAF by Con You because he was loyal and had no political ambition. Winston also made sure all their sons got downgraded and do cushy office jobs during NS. But most importantly, he allowed the SAF to be used as a conduit to fastrack politicians to general rank. Resulting in the SAF being the laughing stock of SE Asia. To me, that guy was a fucking joke as an officer.

Last edited: