• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sad, sad singapore..

ilovelife.now

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have seen things go from good to acceptable and now it is bad. How and why?

1. The women. Very few of them make the cut.. even for SIA.
2. I knew this country as a place for integrity.. now even the Miss World Singapore resigns due to credit card fraud.. I mean what the !!?
3. Strong work ethic. Almost gone now.. all people do is cheat, slack around & do nothing all day.
4. Good education used to be a gateway to better life. Now all I see are young people carrying music instruments.. Is music going to help you all? :confused:
5. I only see very old people working as taxi drivers, and in hakwer center as cleaners, helpers. Why is not young people taking up that job?
6. And lastly.. hard working women are also doing FL as a side business for money. Isn't it sad?

Please give your feedback. No abuse or zapping please.

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Problem in Singapore are caused by 3 things:

Women - if you look at things happening, it is normally caused by women (Lee Bee Wah, Ris Low, Ho Ching, etc). Yes, many people say that behind every successful man there is a women but I have seen more men failed because of women. From what I see, the kind of woman behind the successful men is normally the quiet ones which is a rare breed in Singapore.

Greed - Because many of our life are not enriching as compared to other country (e.g. fishing at the lakes, enjoying the beauty of nature, relax to reflect) and shopping is the main hobby. Many starts to compare themselves against each other on materalistic items, envy turns into jealousy and greed will will follow closely behind. With Greed, it is the basis of why people turn to crime (e.g. steal, cheat, becoming FL).

Lost in direction - You see many youngsters carry instrument because they are lost.They know studying is good but they do not have clear direction in life. I think even many of the older ones are unsure. Many of us work to live and not live to work (Did you apply for your current job because you like it or just because you needed a job?). Many drag themselve to work every morning just to keep the family going. Do you think the kids can't see this? They dun want to be like you. The kids know what they don't want but do not know what they want. So in the meanwhile, play music or "talk" to GOD and get "brainwash" that GOD is above everything (including parents and country) as GOD will provide.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now you understand why JBJ and CSJ was fighting for. 44 years of suppression by the Hakka regime is killing off everything except those that LKY wants to see and hear.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Why? We have go to the root cause of all these - PAP.

Government policies shapes the social fabric of the nation, we are who we are govern. And we are no longer the country we are proud of, but now, we are the Singapore Inc. ( A corporation no less )

In the past, the press has been unfair to the opposition and with them shackled. It now turn to us, yes we. That's because of the entrenchment of PAP members and it's cronies in almost every businesses, they are now crafting every report to make them looks good and it's all about benefiting them in every way they can, even in this deepest recession. Don't you find it strange when an increase is being blown as a good thing?

Secondly, you just need to question why on earth do we need to have a population size of 5m? And they are projecting to go even further to 6.5m.
When there is a policy shift to embrace it, something somewhere has fail BIG time.

Singapore always has FTs, but to accept them in all kind of businesses and to hire them base on a simple fact that they are cheaper is a receipt for disaster. We all know 90% of them are from a lesser developed country and of course they will bring us back to the 70s ( square 1).

So back to your question, how do you expect Singaporean to be more gracious as we advances. We did not. Of course now, competition for almost everything is getting meaner for every extra foot that came in, needless to say, everyone of us will not hesitate to use knuckles and elbows.

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Solid observation!

Lost in direction is the worst and will cause the biggest damage in the immediate future.

A entire generation could be "lost" like this without clear direction and a sustainable goal in life.

These days we don't hear SG youngsters talking about aspirations anymore, most had seen how their parents slogged like crazy for a pigeon hole and three decent meals a day.

Women - ....

Greed - ....

Lost in direction - You see many youngsters carry instrument because they are lost.They know studying is good but they do not have clear direction in life. I think even many of the older ones are unsure. Many of us work to live and not live to work (Did you apply for your current job because you like it or just because you needed a job?). Many drag themselve to work every morning just to keep the family going. Do you think the kids can't see this? They dun want to be like you. The kids know what they don't want but do not know what they want. So in the meanwhile, play music or "talk" to GOD and get "brainwash" that GOD is above everything (including parents and country) as GOD will provide.

Last edited:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal

wait a min, do you know them well enough to say this?

music not bad what, it develops your soul...

not everyone wants to make money like you? i suppose?

please do not impose your "values" on them okay...

what's the point of having a wealthy nation if people have no souls?

do you know what's Jesus is all about?

Last edited:

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal

2. I knew this country as a place for integrity.. now even the Miss World Singapore resigns due to credit card fraud.. I mean what the !!?
3. Strong work ethic. Almost gone now.. all people do is cheat, slack around & do nothing all day.
4. Good education used to be a gateway to better life. Now all I see are young people carrying music instruments.. Is music going to help you all? :confused:
5. I only see very old people working as taxi drivers, and in hakwer center as cleaners, helpers. Why is not young people taking up that job?
6. And lastly.. hard working women are also doing FL as a side business for money. Isn't it sad?

Frankly speaking we find Singapore and Singaporeans to be pretty hopeless actually. No creativity, no articulation skills, no innovation, no activism and no willing and able leaders from among the masses. You people don't even speak up for things that you don't agree with, much less for your own country.

What happened today as you claimed is but the collective result of your own doing, yes all you people. No don't look away, we're pointing at you. And you. And that one over there too. Don't be shy, just come forth and own up like a man.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
extinction.

gbomega

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you look at the jobs market you will know why these youngsters get discouraged.
1. Able to complete projects under very tight schedule with no mistakes
2. Able to work long hours and available on weekends at all times (24/7)
3. Able to do from "A-Z" and willingly to be a team player, help out other departments at times to complete projects
4. Must proficient in two or more languages and be friendly and submissive to your superior
5. Must be an expert in working with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Help out in video shoot, video editing with video editing software and create background sound with sound effects in a professional manner as when required by the Company
6. Year end bonus depends on Company and employees performance
7. 7 days annual leave as stated by MOM with 5.5 work week
8. No Over Time pay, No transport allowance, No other benefits beside meal allowance as stated by MOM regulations
9. Company deserves every right to end your employment contact and employee must not be working in the same line for a period of two years
10. Comply fully with all other rules and regulations stipulated by the Company at all times and lastly JUNIOR POSITION ONLY WITH A START SALARY OF $1,200 ops, before CPF

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wait a min, do you know them well enough to say this?

music not bad what, it develops your soul...

not everyone wants to make money like you? i suppose?

please do not impose your "values" on them okay...

what's the point of having a wealthy nation if people have no souls?

do you know what's Jesus is all about?

what does music got to do with jesus? what do you know about music, dun even know why people go to church for? to sing canton song like ktv or trying to buy a ticket to heavan and eternal life.

singing in church is like going to ktv, totally cheapen a religion.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Greed - Because many of our life are not enriching as compared to other country (e.g. fishing at the lakes, enjoying the beauty of nature, relax to reflect) and shopping is the main hobby. Many starts to compare themselves against each other on materalistic items, envy turns into jealousy and greed will will follow closely behind. With Greed, it is the basis of why people turn to crime (e.g. steal, cheat, becoming FL).

When i walked along the street of Bangkok, and there is no sinkie tourists in sight, i start to do a deep reflection of how lucky i am and a sense of purity engulf my soul. That is how i enriched myself on a daily basis, it sure does makes me a much better man.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When i walked along the street of Bangkok, and there is no sinkie tourists in sight, i start to do a deep reflection of how lucky i am and a sense of purity engulf my soul. That is how i enriched myself on a daily basis, it sure does makes me a much better man.

you have sindar?
you can detect a sinkies in street of bangkok.
there are a lot of tourist in bangkok from singapore.
surely

amk573

Alfrescian
Loyal
what does music got to do with jesus? what do you know about music, dun even know why people go to church for? to sing canton song like ktv or trying to buy a ticket to heavan and eternal life.

singing in church is like going to ktv, totally cheapen a religion.

I fully agree with Singveld too. What have Jesus gotta do with this topic ? If you are looking for converts, please go elsewhere. Scram !!!

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal

i count my blessings each single day this forum is without CB Kia tonychat's bullshit:oIo:

ilovelife.now

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey, I said no abuse and no zapping. Why are you talking about jesus here? We have a separate section for that.. feel free to post there - this is NOT a religious section and neither is this thread.

What are teh actions you suggest to change things?

Remember this folks.. singapore has NO natural resources.. so the only thing is people. How to improve this country and reignite the faith to people?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now you understand why JBJ and CSJ was fighting for. 44 years of suppression by the Hakka regime is killing off everything except those that LKY wants to see and hear.

44 years of 'tieu ai see foot'.... ha ha ha ha:biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Remember this folks.. singapore has NO natural resources.. so the only thing is people. How to improve this country and reignite the faith to people?

Its strange that for a country without any natural resources we now have a population 0f 5+ million, expensive gov't & many unemployed Sporeans.

I think the only way things will improve is when the gov't starts taking responsibility for all its mistakes & address them. For that to happen they must get rid of one old man & his deadwood relatives. That is unlikely to happen so Sporeans must wait for him to up the lorry & then MAYBE things will change for the better :rolleyes:

Sporeans must stop believing in messiahs like LKY If they get a second chance they should focus on developing systems of good gov't & not on individuals who'll get corrupted by power & $$$.

funglung

Alfrescian
Loyal
pap mainly the cancer tumor of tis place! got to remove it or else rot till death...

HOI

DONT BLAME THAT FUCKING FAMILEE

BLAME YOURSELVES.

THE ROOT OF ALL THAT EVIL IS SINKIES AND THEIR LACK OF BALLS
THAT ALLOWED THAT CANCER TUMOUR TO GROW AND GROW
AND THAT BASTARD LEE KUAN YEW TO CONTINUE HIS EVIL.

HOI

HOW ELSE DID BASTARD LEE KUAN YEW GOT FROM YOU ALL THAT 400-500++ BILLIONS INTO HIS TEMASICK AND GIC?

EVEN MORE HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS INTO HIS RESERVES

Sinkies got no balls
You all dare not stand with those that tried to speak for you.
SO HOW MANY TRIED TO SPEAK FOR YOU NOW?

You all dare not give money to them so that they can work for you.
SO HOW MANY CAN WORK FOR YOU NOW?

You all dare not support them publicly so that they can speak for you.
SO HOW MANY PUBLICLY SPEAK FOR YOU NOW?

You all turn your backs on those that spoke out bravely against LKY
LKY hit out at those who tried to speak for you with his kangaroo courts
You turn your backs and not support them with money and courage.

SO HOW MANY TRIED TO SPEAK FOR YOU NOW?
SO HOW MANY CAN WORK FOR YOU NOW?
SO HOW MANY PUBLICLY SPEAK FOR YOU NOW?

You let them be beaten and bankrupted because you all have no balls
NOW YOU GETTING YOUR BALLS CUT OFF FROM YOU AND YOU AND YOUR FAMILY RAPED AND FUCKED BY LEE KUAN YEW AND HIS COCKROACHES IN WHITE

Why complain now?

Your 400-500++ billions sucked and bled into LKY Temasick and GIC

And even more billions are currently sucked and bled so that LKY can use those money to bastardised and pay his kangaroo courts and running dogs to bleed even more billions from you in future

You got what you all deserved
for your lack of balls

FIND YOUR BALLS TO PUT AN END TO LKY
SUPPORT ALL WHO SPEAK AND ACT AGAINST THOSE PAPAYA BLOODSUCKER COCKROACHES
SUPPORT OPPOSITION WITH YOUR $$$ AND TIME
STAND UP TOGETHER WITH THEM

or open your legs to be further screwed by him

n01215

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frankly speaking we find Singapore and Singaporeans to be pretty hopeless actually. No creativity, no articulation skills, no innovation, no activism and no willing and able leaders from among the masses. You people don't even speak up for things that you don't agree with, much less for your own country.

Speaking of articulation skills, do watch out for people who begin sentences with..."frankly speaking..." Coz it infers that they are not frank during all other times.