• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sad: A level student may end up spending 5 years studying in Millennia Institute

covertbriar

Alfrescian
Loyal
This query comes from a student:

I am currently in Millennia Institute (MI) pursuing the 3 year 'A' level course, fyi the school permits students to repeat once each year for their first 2 years there. Well I was already retained previously in J1, and since I have been scoring mostly U grades once more for most of the major assessments in J2, it means I will most likely get retained yet again. If (a big IF) I succeed in getting promoted to J3 eventually, I would been stuck in the same place for 5 whole years!!!!!!

Should I just quit now altogether and study elsewhere instead, say a polytechnic? Honestly I am very, very worried about having wasted an obscene amount of time compared to my peers with nothing to show for in the end if I hung around and screw up my 'A' levels......:( What should I do? Please do kindly advise, thanks.

More at https://www.domainofexperts.com/2018/10/might-end-up-spending-5-years-studying.html

knowwhatyouwantinlife

Alfrescian
Loyal
Plenty of jobs for 1500 to 2000 at his level...understand compound interest start saving and investing even 200 a mth is good..switch and get a diploma in nursing easiest cert to migrate..

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
He should go and serve NS then reorganize his options, eg. realize that he has no flair for studies and move on to be a grab driver or sell properties.

If it's a girl with good looks, i think nothing much to worry.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This query comes from a student:

I am currently in Millennia Institute (MI) pursuing the 3 year 'A' level course, fyi the school permits students to repeat once each year for their first 2 years there. Well I was already retained previously in J1, and since I have been scoring mostly U grades once more for most of the major assessments in J2, it means I will most likely get retained yet again. If (a big IF) I succeed in getting promoted to J3 eventually, I would been stuck in the same place for 5 whole years!!!!!!

Should I just quit now altogether and study elsewhere instead, say a polytechnic? Honestly I am very, very worried about having wasted an obscene amount of time compared to my peers with nothing to show for in the end if I hung around and screw up my 'A' levels......:( What should I do? Please do kindly advise, thanks.

More at https://www.domainofexperts.com/2018/10/might-end-up-spending-5-years-studying.html

Don't worry, when the student complete his study, has the entitlement to be privileged to serve National Service, before he enter the work force. By then, his females cohort would have 5-8 years or more working experiences that have salary that commensurate with their working experience. This person, would have to start new at the bottom rung of the ladder, where the females are on top, the privileged FOREIGN TALENTS are occupying many rungs of that ladder. But he will be comforted that, he will get to go up with meritocracy and be trained by taking courses in skillsnofuture, that will add more time to enable him to earn a salary

He should be thankful that he is so privileged to be born a male & in Singapore & parents voted for the PAP ( very likely),

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is indeed the plight of many locals brought on by their parents who voted for PAP.
Like others mentioned above/before, had he been a foreigner, he would have had a easier time in school, no need to serve NS and then come to singapore with a degree from any U (eg South Pacific) and be given a good job and red carpet treatment as a foreign talent.
Many thanks to the 70% whose duty in life is to pay the ministers the highest salaries in the world!