• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Roy's Trial

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He is suing a blogger but has not personally made any comment or statement on the matter. If Roy is insignificant and invisible to him, why bother in the first place.

Hope some foreign media interviewing him will raise this issue.
to reduce direct exposure as a bully

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
You all can talk so much. But the judges who are looking at this trial have more on their minds like what would happen to them ( in particular the judge who ruled against Roy) when the PAP is not returned to power come 2016.

I am sure, these parasites will be very afraid their good life will come to an abrupt end. LoL

Not always. The Honourable Michael Khoo survived albeit with great great resolve.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
good points raise. A starting point to show peoples' power, like it happened to Marcos in Pinoyland.

Initially I thought the offer to apologise and the 5K damages were "without prejudice".
Having read roy's post, apparently this was not the case.
The issue before court now would be on quantum.
So I suppose there is no chance of digging deep into how the CPF was being invested, why the returns were so low, the shifting of goal post, etc, etc.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. What this exercise does, with the large number of people donating to the cause, is to show LHL the middle finger.
Hopefully, he will think twice, 3 times even, should he choose to intimidate others in future, as well as to show the anger of the people.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
good point raised and thoroughly tought through. If he goes ahead he will lose his obsence PM salary and soon will affected his ministers too.

Its good to see Roy is getting support and has reached close to $50K, I suspect that it will go way past this mark. It will help him handle the aggravated damages which should be hefty.

Something I suspect that many are not aware based on the posts in various forums is that this trial is not about the defamation. He has admitted to that and apologised. It is closed matter. It is whether he aggravated the situation by his subsequent conduct and the amount of aggravated damages should the court find in favour of the plaintiff.

It is going to be tough as one or more persons that he sent the 2 emails to had provided it to the plaintiffs side as well as how to how to access the original material and the video.

What is certain to happen is that unlike the matter where Father said bring it on and dragged his son the PM into it and was prepared to face CSJ, this time around, Davinder will ensure that his client spends little time on witness box or when he does, there will be objections left and right. Ravi will not get the chance that CSJ did as old man forced the court to allow that leeway.

ThePlen

Alfrescian
Loyal
then the fund raising will never end...

10406468_1492779340951218_4178109647393533461_n.jpg

my guess is 300k damages.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can be assured that Roy and especially are not going to accept a simple case. The apology if deemed as an act of guilt is far fetched. Expect a counter suit if sufficient matters are not brought out into the open. Transgender Loong has to answer to his continued act of hiding important government statistics such as his multiple incomes and that of his wife, and why he should not be accused of being not credible when he himself has gone on record as saying that he will buy support and fix adversaries. Transgender Loong is the one that is being criminalised here. The amount that Roy has collected shows that Transgender Loong is sitting at the end of his straw. How can anyone that promises to buy support and fix adversaries be allowed into public office. Worse yet, this despicable being is the PM and only so because his pathetic political party's cadres voted for him. It is not the case. It is assured that Transgender Loong will never be PM if there was a direct vote by citizens for his place as PM.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Someone ask me about the possible outcomes of the Roy vs LHL saga. I say there will be room for negotiations and most likely an out of court settlement. This may sound a bit of crazy but yes, there is a high possibility for such outcome, in view of the latest development.

First of all, I don't think Roy doesn't want to risk being bankrupt or being slapped with a enormous damage plus legal fees (from Davinder of course). Though he may able to raise this sum from the public again but this is going to be a tedious job. Most important of all, he is still young and would aspire to contest in the next GE.

On the other hand, PM Lee is most likely jumping up and down on a frying pan after seeing what Roy is able to achieve by 4 days of crowd sourcing of funds. The amount of damage he is suffering now far exceed the couple of articles Roy has written and these damages are basically self inflicted. He can't just stop the lawsuit unilaterally, neither should he proceed aggressively. He is now stuck like the meat between the sandwich. Never mind if Roy is getting famous, but the most important thing is, he is suffering great damages! And behold! This will have implications to his position in his party! Would other factions take this opportunity to undermine his leadership in post LKY era? LHL may even lose internal Cadre support and thus, PMship if he is really not careful, not to mention bringing disastrous impact on PAP in the coming GE.

Thus, when there are common desires to stop this legal battle for whatever reasons on both sides, there will be room for negotiations and settlement out of court.

Goh Meng Seng

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Someone ask me about the possible outcomes of the Roy vs LHL saga. I say there will be room for negotiations and most likely an out of court settlement. This may sound a bit of crazy but yes, there is a high possibility for such outcome, in view of the latest development.

First of all, I don't think Roy doesn't want to risk being bankrupt or being slapped with a enormous damage plus legal fees (from Davinder of course). Though he may able to raise this sum from the public again but this is going to be a tedious job. Most important of all, he is still young and would aspire to contest in the next GE.

On the other hand, PM Lee is most likely jumping up and down on a frying pan after seeing what Roy is able to achieve by 4 days of crowd sourcing of funds. The amount of damage he is suffering now far exceed the couple of articles Roy has written and these damages are basically self inflicted. He can't just stop the lawsuit unilaterally, neither should he proceed aggressively. He is now stuck like the meat between the sandwich. Never mind if Roy is getting famous, but the most important thing is, he is suffering great damages! And behold! This will have implications to his position in his party! Would other factions take this opportunity to undermine his leadership in post LKY era? LHL may even lose internal Cadre support and thus, PMship if he is really not careful, not to mention bringing disastrous impact on PAP in the coming GE.

Thus, when there are common desires to stop this legal battle for whatever reasons on both sides, there will be room for negotiations and settlement out of court.

Goh Meng Seng

You floating a trial balloon?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You can be assured that Roy and especially are not going to accept a simple case. The apology if deemed as an act of guilt is far fetched. Expect a counter suit if sufficient matters are not brought out into the open. Transgender Loong has to answer to his continued act of hiding important government statistics such as his multiple incomes and that of his wife, and why he should not be accused of being not credible when he himself has gone on record as saying that he will buy support and fix adversaries. Transgender Loong is the one that is being criminalised here. The amount that Roy has collected shows that Transgender Loong is sitting at the end of his straw. How can anyone that promises to buy support and fix adversaries be allowed into public office. Worse yet, this despicable being is the PM and only so because his pathetic political party's cadres voted for him. It is not the case. It is assured that Transgender Loong will never be PM if there was a direct vote by citizens for his place as PM.

We should fund a countersuit against LHL.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Meng,

LHL as PM has all the machineries behind him to handle commoner Roy easily. But look at LHL no sound and sight of him and waiting for lawyer instructions, a typical LKY brained washed behavior crony.

Dump the lawyer and jump up to face this problem and present himself, use his MSM Shitty Times, media and ministries and so on to rebut Roy.

Why is he so useless? He need to be replaced as soon as possible, cannot tahan him oredi.

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Simply saying the obvious. LHL will still be hurt by his previous misjudgment of situation but at the very least, this will minimize his loss of face. Roy on the other hand, can get away with a slight slap on his wrist.

Goh Meng Seng

You floating a trial balloon?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Simply saying the obvious. LHL will still be hurt by his previous misjudgment of situation but at the very least, this will minimize his loss of face. Roy on the other hand, can get away with a slight slap on his wrist.

Goh Meng Seng

Will your master demand the $70k raised by Roy?

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Out of court settlement does not resolve the problem.

Whatever amount they demand, Roy will almost certainly have to go public and raise the funds. The concern is a 2nd slap of the face if Roy raises the amount of money in a matter of days. After the amount of publicity the initial fund raising has drawn, you can be sure that there will be even more who want to donate and slap the PM.

The only way to avoid the 2nd slap is to drop the case completely with no damages. Not sure which is more damaging.

Uncle has been really happy with the turn of events.

Goh Meng Seng

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Goh Meng Seng

My read is different, they will go for the full maximum damage they can inflict on Roy. I believe they are going after a bankruptcy caused by a large judgement that Roy cannot pay. that will make him ineligible to run in the next elections. If he were to join your party for example, and run in a single constituency, he will hands down beat the PAP candidate, whoever it is. I would say that if he and gay Loong squared today one on one in a constituency, Gay Loong would lose the seat to him.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
It will be a very hard 2nd slap if Roy manages to raise the "maximum damage".

My read is different, they will go for the full maximum damage they can inflict on Roy. I believe they are going after a bankruptcy caused by a large judgement that Roy cannot pay. that will make him ineligible to run in the next elections. If he were to join your party for example, and run in a single constituency, he will hands down beat the PAP candidate, whoever it is. I would say that if he and gay Loong squared today one on one in a constituency, Gay Loong would lose the seat to him.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
It will be a very hard 2nd slap if Roy manages to raise the "maximum damage".

I suspect that he can raise it. If he does manage to do it, he should run in the 2016 GE. A $16K a month MP allowance would go a long way to paying of his legal bills, as well, he will have a liability free platform to fuck Gay Loong and the PAP in Parliament under Parliamentary Privilege.

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My read is different, they will go for the full maximum damage they can inflict on Roy. I believe they are going after a bankruptcy caused by a large judgement that Roy cannot pay. that will make him ineligible to run in the next elections. .

I agree with you. The best opportunity to settle out of court was when Roy made the $5K offer. He miscalculated and opportunity was gone. The fall out will be massive if he do so now. Our leeders cannot lose face. No way!