• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Robinsons Collapsed after 162 Years - FTs and Dirty $$$ Tiongs Indons not Shopping???

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Robinsons Singapore throws in the towel after 162 years
FRI, OCT 30, 2020 - 10:30 AM
LYNETTE TAN

Robinsons_CMG.jpg

The exit puts an end to the at least six years of losses that Robinsons has chalked up against declining revenues.
PHOTO: CMG
ROBINSONS Singapore, one of the oldest retailers in the Republic with more than a century in business, will close down for good following losses in recent years. But its last two stores at The Heeren and Raffles City Shopping Centre may remain open for a while more for final sales.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only known upper class of shopping during my era

there is always a compression of either buying from Change Alley vs Robinsons

change alley for the coolies and Robinson’s for the elites

Farewell , my friend , the good old Robinsons

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I haven't been to the Heeren in a long, long time. Back in the day HMV was its anchor tenant, me and other kids loved to go inside HMV and listen to the CDs' music on the headphones. :biggrin:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Wah you guys really old or really elite.

I have never shopped at Robinson's except once I remember searching for Teletubbies doll. Everywhere cannot find I found Dipsy at the Raffles City Robinsons.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I haven't been to the Heeren in a long, long time. Back in the day HMV was its anchor tenant, me and other kids loved to go inside HMV and listen to the CDs' music on the headphones. :biggrin:
HMV has a dedicated classical music section its own room which was my favorite haunt.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can anyone rank the SES level of department stores, including the kaput ones?

1 for highest SES, 8 for lowest SES.

Robinsons, John Little, Marks & Spencer, Takashimaya, BHG, OG, Mustafa, CK

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Time to kick out anything to do with the evil BE past.

Time to replace BE road names in Singapore too. Malaysia got rid of BE road names long ago.

If PAP LKY can kick out Queens Counsel lawyers from Supreme Court, time to kick out BE road names.

The only known upper class of shopping during my era

there is always a compression of either buying from Change Alley vs Robinsons

change alley for the coolies and Robinson’s for the elites

Farewell , my friend , the good old Robinsons

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah you guys really old or really elite.

I have never shopped at Robinson's except once I remember searching for Teletubbies doll. Everywhere cannot find I found Dipsy at the Raffles City Robinsons.
That’s because your era , Sinkieland was the land of shopping centres

mine was an era of poverty stricken kampung with pig farms all over Sinkieland

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no poverty in those days of kampong life style living.

Asians don't need live under the shadow of BE life style, greed. Poverty is defined by BE to humiliate Asians are poor people live Not in the lifestyle of the Pommies...

That’s because your era , Sinkieland was the land of shopping centres

mine was an era of poverty stricken kampung with pig farms all over Sinkieland