• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Robinsons Collapsed after 162 Years - FTs and Dirty $$$ Tiongs Indons not Shopping???

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Retail is dead, because people buy online. Cheaper and more convenient. Landlords ought to know it by now. Only churches and health spas are viable businesses, hence retail space ought to be rented out to them.
You missed out Tuition center and maid agencies. All in all, mega churches, health spa, tuition centers and maid agencies are money spinning companies, they will not bankrupt

cowbellc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah but sometimes there are dishonest online merchants, warranty/return issues and the photo looks better than the product.

And you have to wait for the product to be delivered.

Some things are better bought offline.
Physical retails also have dishonest merchants, warranty issues and their shop items looks better
Nowadays the trend is to stroll into real shop, see and feel the real items then google if online is cheaper :biggrin:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe the next retailer to possibly go down will be Kinokuniya. The rental at orchard must be killing them. Ppl hardly buy physical books these days.

Whenever I want to read, I just borrow the ebook for free from the national library app.
Why waste time with books? Just listen to the PAP they are always right. :unsure:

Johnrambo

Alfrescian
Loyal
ROBINSONS Singapore, one of the oldest retailers in the Republic with more than a century in business, will close down for good following losses in recent years. But its last two stores at The Heeren and Raffles City Shopping Centre may remain open for a while more for final sales.

Robinson & Co (Singapore) confirmed it in a statement on Friday. Its senior general manager, Danny Lim, said: "We regret this outcome today. Despite recent challenges in the industry, the Robinsons team continued to pursue the success of the brand. However, the changing consumer landscape makes it difficult for us to succeed over the long term and the Covid-19 pandemic has further exacerbated our challenges."

He added that it has been "an honour" for Robinsons to serve the Singapore market and that he was "grateful for the dedication of (the) team, and for the support shown by (its) customers over the years".

https://tinyurI.com/y3lq7w5a

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Humble beginning.... :frown:

1604068824728.png

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
That’s because your era , Sinkieland was the land of shopping centres

mine was an era of poverty stricken kampung with pig farms all over Sinkieland

Wow. You are probably older than my father then.

Respect. Singapore was built by yours and my father's generation.