• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

* RIP Ms Lo Hwei Wen (pics) *

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think there may now be some cause for concern as to whether Singaporeans are being targetted along with America's close western allies. The Singapore government needs to come clean to its people one way or the other after detailed investigations have been done. Perhaps some good may then have come from this young lady's unfortunate cruel sad loss of life. I for one shall probably be taking 'cover' under the Malaysian banner if ever found in such a dangerous position (asserting that my passport is with the hotel reception), same advice I shall give to my family members and close colleagues.

Saying that neither the Singapore nor Indian authorities appear to be at fault. The Indian authorities probably had no choice but to storm the hotel. She was in the wrong place at the wrong time and I guess her time was up. The odds of this happening must be amazingly high. As an associate with a relatively large international law firm, I wonder whether it carries insurance to cover such tragic events particularly since I gather she was sent by her firm to Mumbai to attend a business seminar?

The pictures you show bring life to the young lady and it is both heart warming and heartrenching to see that she tried to live her life to the fullest utilising the opportunities life had given to her. Songs like "fragile" and "broken wing" come to mind. My condolences to her husband & family, also it can never be easy for a parent to bury a child. RIP

Actually, we all don't know whether she was targeted to be killed because she's Singaporean or whether she was killed at random.

Anyway, it's a big tragedy that terrorists are killing innocent people.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
this is just a replay of the killing field perpetuated by the big boys in their global wars to snuff out each other - race, religion, power,greed and policies.

ms lo was there at the wrong time and at the wrong place.

the train of events couldn't be stopped. the pawns were just there to play the role of the bigger schemes of those behind - the master minds of this global chess game.

when u r just a small pawn in this global war, keep your mouth shut and don't try to act like the big boys. you don't know what will happen next..this is a relentless,merciless and utterly brutal game. may you live in peace everyone and may you be spared the pain and the tragedy of this devastating chess game of the big boys. amen.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
when u r just a small pawn in this global war, keep your mouth shut and don't try to act like the big boys. you don't know what will happen next..this is a relentless,merciless and utterly brutal game. may you live in peace everyone and may you be spared the pain and the tragedy of this devastating chess game of the big boys. amen.

It's obvious the gahmen is trying to suck up to the great "IT Outsourcing Nation"

And one innocent hostage pays for it with her life

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
What did you reasonably expect the Singapore government to do?

Apart from the Singapore lady innocent American lives were lost, UK lives were lost, Australian lives were lost, Jewish lives were lost, Indian lives were lost etc.

Could this have been prevented? Under the unusual and extraordinary circumstances probably not. Wrong time, wrong place, bad luck.

But I still maintain there may be concern of Singaporeans now being targetted and perhaps that is something the Singapore government should look into and come clean with the public.

It's obvious the gahmen is trying to suck up to the great "IT Outsourcing Nation"

And one innocent hostage pays for it with her life

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
I for one shall probably be taking 'cover' under the Malaysian banner if ever found in such a dangerous position (asserting that my passport is with the hotel reception), same advice I shall give to my family members and close colleagues.

I am growing my beard and practising.."WAI SALAM WAIKOM" "ALLAHMU AKHBAR""ISHAK ALLAH"....

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
My sympathies and my prayers goes out to Ms Lo's immediate family, and her family and friends and relatives who know her. You all simply don't deserve it.

I hope she's treated better in the other world than here.

davetan1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why so many pics and news of her, let her family and friends mourn for her.

STOP THIS BIG PR PROPAGANDA SHIT !

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
Body of S'porean killed in Mumbai expected back anytime from Sunday
By Asha Popatlal and Patwant Singh, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 29 November 2008 2009 hrs

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/393091/1/.html

phpLHANun.jpg

Photos 1 of 1

28-year-old Singaporean lawyer Lo Hwei Yen, who was killed in Mumbai's Oberoi Hotel

Related News

• PM Lee, President Nathan send condolences to family of Lo Hwei Yen

• Terror, disbelief, shock: witnesses tell of Mumbai horror

• Battle for Mumbai ends, death toll rises to 195

• Singaporean held hostage at Mumbai's Oberoi Hotel killed

Related Videos

Singaporeans mourn the tragic death of Lo Hwei Yen

Special Report

• Mumbai Attacks

SINGAPORE: The body of the Singaporean killed in the Mumbai siege is expected back anytime from Sunday, according to family members.

For those closest to the 28-year-old lawyer, described as passionate, kind and a good mix of brains and beauty, the impact of what had happened is still sinking in.

"My father is upset because she is the eldest daughter of our family, but these kind of things just happen, no one had any way of predicting anything. So it's still a bit of a shock right now,” said Lo Hwei Shan, the younger sister of the victim.

Lo Hwei Yen's two younger sisters never thought they would be put in the position of having to take care of her funeral arrangements.

“My younger sister and I last saw my elder sister with my brother-in-law when we went for a musical Avenue Q recently. It was good to see her really happy and enjoying life because she was the kind of person who lived life to the fullest. And she made everyone around her really happy, because she's (a) very driven, very passionate person," said Lo Hwei Shan.

And it is not just family members who mourn her.

Friends, ex-colleagues and university mates recalled her bubbly personality.

"She's got such a good balance of everything - of brains, of beauty and… kindness and sense of humour. And she's just... she's so much promise in life and she's a beautiful person," said a friend, Lavinia Rajah.

Ms Lo's wake will be held at her family home, with her funeral expected on Thursday.

Her family has not yet decided on the final location of her ashes.

In a separate report, two flights from Mumbai landed at Changi Airport Saturday evening.

Passengers Channel NewsAsia spoke to say the situation is still tense in the city amid heightened security.

"Chaos, because there is a lot of fear in the mind… People are willing to go out, but when you go to malls or hotels, you can see that occupancy rates and the kind of crowd you are generally accustomed to seeing… are considerably lower... People prefer, at least for the time being, to stay indoors," said a passenger, Nitesh Khirwal.

Another passenger, Sam Lakha, said: "Am I going to be… looked upon as a Muslim or stuff like that? No. I don't think Bombay has that mentality, attitude… you won't be singled out or anything like that because they know very well… because of a few people, they can't blame an entire community or society."

- CNA/yt

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
it is the scum pap gov that should also be brought to justice for colluding with the biggest terrorist of them all..no thanks to this gov..

KNN if you have nothing to say just shut your shitting mouth. India always blames Pakistan whenever they have such problem. They never look at themselves for their security lapses or own problem. You blame the gahment for whatever problems that befall you. KNN when your mother dies, blame it on yourself for not taking care of her and loving her - dont blame it on others.

We are here to share the sad feelings for a young woman with a promising future very unfortunately killed by some merciless youths. Their family, friends and even fellow Singaporeans feel for them. My condolences.

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont think singaporeans are specially targeted... there are japs, brits and australians killed too... including mumbai indians...

I think there may now be some cause for concern as to whether Singaporeans are being targetted along with America's close western allies. The Singapore government needs to come clean to its people one way or the other after detailed investigations have been done. Perhaps some good may then have come from this young lady's unfortunate cruel sad loss of life. I for one shall probably be taking 'cover' under the Malaysian banner if ever found in such a dangerous position (asserting that my passport is with the hotel reception), same advice I shall give to my family members and close colleagues.

Saying that neither the Singapore nor Indian authorities appear to be at fault. The Indian authorities probably had no choice but to storm the hotel. She was in the wrong place at the wrong time and I guess her time was up. The odds of this happening must be amazingly high. As an associate with a relatively large international law firm, I wonder whether it carries insurance to cover such tragic events particularly since I gather she was sent by her firm to Mumbai to attend a business seminar?

The pictures you show bring life to the young lady and it is both heart warming and heartrenching to see that she tried to live her life to the fullest utilising the opportunities life had given to her. Songs like "fragile" and "broken wing" come to mind. My condolences to her husband & family, also it can never be easy for a parent to bury a child. RIP