• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Riddles - For Cheenas Only (包括我) :D

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah! So easy but never come across my mind. Have yet to seen the 'mousel characters 曱甴 (inverted and not inverted). What is the pinyin if I want to type out using pinyin?

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah! So easy but never come across my mind. Have yet to seen the 'mousel characters 曱甴 (inverted and not inverted). What is the pinyin if I want to type out using pinyin?
In cantonese it is pronounce as ka cha
not too sure it is recognise as chinese charactor
simplified or traditional

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ang moh also use ka cha. :biggrin:

In cantonese it is pronounce as ka cha
not too sure it is recognise as chinese charactor
simplified or traditional

Lorena Bobbitt's Unforgettable Story

Oprah.com | April 23, 2009

20090409-tows-lorena-bobbitt-1-290x218.jpg

In the early '90s, a young couple from Virginia was involved in a story that many people will never forget. In June 1993, 24-year-old Lorena Bobbitt became known as the woman who cut off her husband's penis with a carving knife.

On the night of the infamous assault, Lorena says her husband, John Wayne Bobbitt, came home drunk and sexually assaulted her, a charge he denied and was acquitted of.

Later that night, Lorena went into the kitchen, picked up a knife and returned to the bedroom to cut off her sleeping husband's penis. Then, she got into her car and started driving. Somewhere along the dark highway, she rolled down the window and threw his penis onto the side of the road. Hours later, a search team found the severed penis, and surgeons were able to reattach it.
20090409-tows-lorena-bobbitt-2-290x218.jpg
Soon after, Lorena was taken into custody and charged with malicious wounding. Her trial played out for weeks on television.

Lorena's defense team argued temporary insanity and claimed she was the victim of long-term physical and emotional abuse. "In her mind, it was his penis from which she could not escape which caused her the most pain. The most fear. The most humiliation," Lorena's lawyer said.

During the trial, Lorena also testified that she didn't remember cutting off John's penis. Eventually, the jury found Lorena not guilty by reason of insanity.
20090409-tows-lorena-bobbitt-3-290x218.jpg
After Lorena and John divorced, she started going by her maiden name. That's not the only thing that's changed. Now, Lorena is a mother, real estate agent and domestic abuse advocate.

To this day, Lorena maintains that she was a domestic violence victim, but she says it's hard to think about. "Once you are hurt that way and abused mentally, your mind just basically tries to shut down," she says.

Lorena says John hit her, degraded her and called her things like "Spanish whore" during their six-year marriage. "Every time, he apologized. I went back to the hole and said: 'Okay, I'm going to save my marriage.' I'm embarrassed to say I was a victim of domestic violence," she says. "I was very, very scared that he was going to do something."

John has always denied Lorena's allegations of abuse against him.
20090409-tows-lorena-bobbitt-4-290x218.jpg
Lorena also says she still doesn't remember exactly what happened the night she cut off John's penis. "I remember I was sleeping, and definitely, he jumped onto me," she says. "After that, it was just like a tunnel going through my mind."

The next thing she knew, Lorena says she was behind the wheel of her car, driving her usual route to work. The unusual part was that it was 3 a.m., and she was holding a knife in one hand and a severed penis in the other. "I saw the knife with me in one hand, and then I realized, 'I guess I killed somebody,'" she says. "My mind wasn't there. I was definitely insane."

Lorena says she remembers having a hard time driving, so she rolled down the window and tossed out whatever was in her hand. "I threw whatever was the most convenient I think for turning the wheel," she says.
20090409-tows-lorena-bobbitt-5-290x218.jpg
Today, Lorena says she's a much different woman than the one we saw on TV. "Definitely time heals," she says. "I evolve as a woman. … It's wonderful to actually learn from your mistakes and to apply it into your life."

Thanks to therapy, Lorena says she was able to break the cycle of abuse and get to this place in her life. Talking about what happened is also therapeutic, she says. "They said once you start talking about things, you start healing."

In 2007, Lorena also launched Lorena's Red Wagon , an organization dedicated to the prevention of domestic violence. "It's wonderful to know that I help other women working in a shelter," she says.
20090409-tows-lorena-bobbitt-6-290x218.jpg
If she could do one thing differently, Lorena says she would have never married John.

Since that June night in 1993, John has capitalized on his fame by appearing in adult films and celebrity boxing matches, which Lorena says doesn't surprise her. "It did bother me because that was a tragic thing to do, and I was a victim," she says. "He was a victim some, but at the same time, he was taking advantage of that tragedy."

Lorena says John has tried to contact her over the years, and sometimes he sends cards or flowers on Valentine's Day. But she says she's not interested in keeping in touch. "I never answer his calls. Are you kidding me?" she says. "Never, ever, ever."

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cheena ka cha women run, ang moh ka cha husbands run. :eek::biggrin:

It's an incredible phenomena that humans, whether men or women, even chidren, can be afraid of cockroaches. Just a grab a slipper or newspaper to whack it flat dead. Even bare hand or foot can smack or step them dead. Just wash it to rid the smell later.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bing

Correct!

Your riddle got standard.

Talking about 做兵 zou bing (to be a soldier) ... in Fu Zhou is zhor bing. There are similarity with Cantonese and Hokkien when they use "bheng" and NOT "bing" just as the word "kok" for country as well.

Dhong cai 当差 in Cantonese but not 当兵 in our 'southern Han language'. The word sounds like pretending to be one instead of really being one.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Bing

Talking about 做兵 zou bing (to be a soldier) ... in Fu Zhou is zhor bing. There are similarity with Cantonese and Hokkien when they use "bheng" and NOT "bing" just as the word "kok" for country as well.

Dhong cai 当差 in Cantonese but not 当兵 in our 'southern Han language'. The word sounds like pretending to be one instead of really being one.

当差 is to be in the police 当兵 is to be in the army. The word 警察 for police was actually coined by Japanese and reborrowed back into Chinese through Shanghainese.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tea

当差 is to be in the police 当兵 is to be in the army. The word 警察 for police was actually coined by Japanese and reborrowed back into Chinese through Shanghainese.

I mean in Cantonese and Hokkien we don't use the Mandarin structure. Just like 食饭 "sake fun" in Cantonese or "jyark bherng" in Hokkien but NOT 吃饭 "cher fun" in Mandarin.

饮茶 "yum char" and NOT 喝茶 "her char" ... and so on.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Tea

I mean in Cantonese and Hokkien we don't use the Mandarin structure. Just like 食饭 "sake fun" in Cantonese or "jyark bherng" in Hokkien but NOT 吃饭 "cher fun" in Mandarin.

饮茶 "yum char" and NOT 喝茶 "her char" ... and so on.

Understood. I'm also just meaning, not all Chinese words are of Chinese origins, e.g. 警察 for police and 经济 for economy are of Japanese origins even though made up with Chinese characters.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This Hokkien Peng poem easily 30 years old. Original author unknown. Learned this during BMT over 20 years ago.

可怜天下父母心,
长儿十八去当兵
我骂政府没良心,
辛辛苦苦去当兵。
两年出兵真开心,
谁知爱人变了心。

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It is more than 30 years on this poem in mandarin, the first 2 verse is right, 3rd verse is govt really have not heart, 4th verse is forcing brother to do NS, 5 th verse afraid my darling will have a change of heart, 6th verse is darling if you are patience wait for me after NS.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I told my girlfriend before going in, I was signing on and going in for five years, beginning with 6 months incamp Police Academy. She said why so stupid sign on, just do two years and forget it. I said nevermind forget it, I've already signed, go find another boyfriend, good luck and thanks for all the old times. [PIAK!] I kena slapped. Of course I didn't and couldn't retaliate and had to take it. She ran away crying. We never met again. 如言今生有悔,此悔是也。

Last edited:

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal

Guess a Big5/GB character

左邊一個太陽,右邊一個太陽,站在太陽上,反而不見光。:confused: