• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

reserve one DPM position for malays?

CakeLengKia

Alfrescian
Loyal
i have a friend who commented that since there are 2 DPMs in singapore why not the constitution make it compulsory that one of the two DPM positions should be reserved for Malays since the constitutions recognise the special position of the Malays

do you agree with him?

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i have a friend who commented that since there are 2 DPMs in singapore why not the constitution make it compulsory that one of the two DPM positions should be reserved for Malays since the constitutions recognise the special position of the Malays

do you agree with him?

Yaacob or Haalimah???? Nuff said!!!!!

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya Dato Sri Lee Hsien Loong , Dato Sri Teo Chee Hean, Dato Sri Tharman Shanmugaratnam and Dato Sri Yaacob Ibrahim. Take away President replace by Sultan Singapura. Singapore Boleh

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
I seriously doubt old man would agree to this, at least not when he is around.

Last edited:

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal
might as well say reserve president for malay. better for sporean to accept. a malay as the symbolic head of state. as symbolic as malay is our national lang. good for geopolitics.

Last edited:

HorGauGan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why not have 4 DPMs--one Chinese, one Malay one Indian and one Eurasian. Fair and Square.

i propose 6!!!!!!!!!

one cheena, one m&d, one ah neh, and one chup cheng, and one EX-PINOY, and one EX-PRC!!!!! mus cater to the largest group of new Singaporeans!!!! :wink:

callmebad

Alfrescian
Loyal
don't see the problem here, since we have the senior minister, minister mentor, blah blah
but just make sure he is capable too, or at least a credible person with good morals

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
most likely yaacob since he is the minister in charge of muslim affairs as well :biggrin:

I was pointing those 2 out to highlight how much "talent" our Malay ministers are. If they want to become DMP, make it on their own merits, right now there isn't any Mat politicians from PAP or opposition who fits the bill. Reserving a place for the sake of it goes against the meritocratic nature of our society

callmebad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Meritocratic nature of our society?
very funny:smile:
when you look at the top level appointment of our political class, can you called this meritocratic?
I only smell stinking nepotism

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Meritocratic nature of our society?
very funny:smile:
when you look at the top level appointment of our political class, can you called this meritocratic?
I only smell stinking nepotism

U mean him???

chan-chun-sing1.jpg

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

do you agree with him?

Nope..should be based strictly on merit..PAP always say that..so must practice hor,,