• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renovation to your homes

SNSD2

Alfrescian
Loyal
For lightings shop, anyone had feedback on Avalon n the one beside it?

Avalon (at Nusa Bestari ) has limited and old varieties. You can try Lux lightings and Indah lightings on the opposite side of the road. Good services espeially Lux (next to some malay eatery).:smile:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Avalon (at Nusa Bestari ) has limited and old varieties. You can try Lux lightings and Indah lightings on the opposite side of the road. Good services espeially Lux (next to some malay eatery).:smile:

Ok thank you! Will have a look. Seems like lightings are cheaper in Singapore... but after combing through Balestier n Jln Besar over the weekend I am very surprised at the lack of variety

SNSD2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok thank you! Will have a look. Seems like lightings are cheaper in Singapore... but after combing through Balestier n Jln Besar over the weekend I am very surprised at the lack of variety

Hmm...think lightings and ceiling fans are cheaper in MY, but cheaper does not mean of good quality. I paid a much cheaper price for the almost same kind of lighting here as compared to my sg ones . Hey, but the quality and the feel are different on closer examination.They might on the surface look no different though. So it depends on your expectations and your budget.

I usually go for the sale items. And bargain. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Dear all, for aircon matters, i would recommend to call these folks as well:

KAH SENG AIR-COND AND ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
Address: 5, Jalan Dedap 7,
Taman Johor Jaya,
81100 Johor Bahru
Johor
Malaysia

Tel.: +607-351 1610 / 352 2610
H/P.: +6019-770 7377 / 710 5400

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
For lightings shop, anyone had feedback on Avalon n the one beside it?

Avalon is expensive but has slight nicer lights, Tampoi side has a huge one and lots to choose from, lights, KDK fans and even water heaters, you can check it out there, Tampoi Lighting.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey wuqi

thanks for the air con contact , u no need to reply me via FB msg liao ...

btw , is there any much diff to buy from senq etc big players and the one u recommended ?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
hey wuqi

thanks for the air con contact , u no need to reply me via FB msg liao ...

btw , is there any much diff to buy from senq etc big players and the one u recommended ?

Got it, i wasn't feeling so well today, even went to a meeting in SG late.

The Kah Seng folks will be about the same price as air con is standard but the quality of install is important as well.
Anyone doing aircon, always ask their wireman to check things for you and to ensure that nothing is accidentally
shorted during the installation.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Btw, i also have painters as well as roof water proofing guys, so anyone needs their contacts, just PM me.

Also bros here, please do not ask the contractors, etc who i am, the name i use is pointless to know and most of them
knows not that i have recommended them in the first place.

I do not get anything but just want to help, i am a very private person and want it to remain so to protect my loved ones.
Please help me back by not asking who i am.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wuqi

i saw the paint on my gate came off and started to rust , i should get those anti rust paint for gates , fence and roof top ?
Please let me have yr painter number , thanks !

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
rust (Fe(OH)3 ) formed becoz of oxygen + water mah.

Just use "metal sand paper" to rub it off, then use the metal paint to paint it over can liao lor (dun need wat anti rust paint..stupig commerical term they use right..).

if small patch, then use spray one lor.. titter.gif

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Potter

u see my rusty gate in my house , yr method only works for temporary ah ? i still have other pics of rusty at window panels etc , but file too big , unable to attach here

Rusty Gates photo.JPG

Last edited:

ComingToJB

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, would like to know at which stage is the installation of the aircon system.. beginning stage of renovation?
Cos there will be some hacking works, etc to install the piping & will be quite messy I think..

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Potter

u see my rusty gate in my house , yr method only works for temporary ah ? i still have other pics of rusty at window panels etc , but file too big , unable to attach here

View attachment 9621

姐姐..u can put it into the defect list, get them to fix it.

ai yo..the gate paint sure gone if u open n close it daily, that's norm. btw, u check yr gate whether is it align when closed.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
姐姐..u can put it into the defect list, get them to fix it.

ai yo..the gate paint sure gone if u open n close it daily, that's norm. btw, u check yr gate whether is it align when closed.

i know its consider defect la , i wan to solve it myself if possible .... very eye sore ......all over e place

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
anyone know where is the exact location for M1 lighting house at nusa bestari ? heard fr my colleague , the prices are cheaper than other shops .

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
thank u thank u , do laoniang another favour , is near to which shop ? i cant read map , my collegaue told me its opp best mart , but it doesnt seems like .....

Best Mart (opp petronas station) is near shell station further down the rd lei..maybe they shifted, call them up la. :smile: