• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renovation to your homes

currahee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Need some design advice on grills.

Yes,classy kitchen worktop is made of laminated wood but u can opt for other materials which I did not ask much. Sink size seems fine to me. I bought the same type as your brother :wink:

When I check with classy, they can help you install your own sink. Rebate out the money if u choose own tap/sink.
For work surface, can upgrade to local made solid surface. At persada it was rm1k

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal

Has anyone ever done the following and can share experience, cost and contractor:-

1) Extended the bathroom to include a built-in bathtub and shifted the toilet bowl (on second floor)
2) Built a roof top above the second floor (can the structure take it, need to engage engineer or get permit?)

Many thanks for sharing

You would want to be very careful when you are shifting the the toilet, esppecially if it's on the 2nd floor. If the plumber you get does do a good job you will have lots of problem. Piping works is one of the prbkems, nest comes the waterproofing of the bathroom. The waterproofing is not only around the toilet bowl area but also the adjacent area depending where the underling pipes are. Besides tryto avoid moving the toliet, if you must get someone who knows he's stuff.
Buidling on the roof top, will nedd palnning permission form the local council. If not they can come and tear it down.....

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal

You would want to be very careful when you are shifting the the toilet, esppecially if it's on the 2nd floor. If the plumber you get does do a good job you will have lots of problem. Piping works is one of the prbkems, nest comes the waterproofing of the bathroom. The waterproofing is not only around the toilet bowl area but also the adjacent area depending where the underling pipes are. Besides tryto avoid moving the toliet, if you must get someone who knows he's stuff.
Buidling on the roof top, will nedd palnning permission form the local council. If not they can come and tear it down.....

Bro Grago, do you have good plumber / contractor to recommend to do both? can PM me? Many thanks.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sorry Bro, did not do major Reno to my place that required plumber or any structural changes....

Lyc396

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi, any contacts for glass divider between kitchen and living hall? I have checked thru Hong Lee and Aik Hoe. Hong Lee too ex for me and Aik Hoe workmanship seems abit flimsy. Anyone heard of Metalife?

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi, any contacts for glass divider between kitchen and living hall? I have checked thru Hong Lee and Aik Hoe. Hong Lee too ex for me and Aik Hoe workmanship seems abit flimsy. Anyone heard of Metalife?

U can check out Golden Carpentry. Heard they are quite good

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal

Btw, I like my window grille contractor too. My window grille is nicely done up at reasonable price, rm3500. However, his business is good and I have waited 3 weeks for him to do mine. Anyone need his contact, do let me know. In fact, I have also approached him for contact on handyman in installing toilet accessories etc and ended up he said he will do it for me for free. Of coz, I paiseh and insisted him to charge me minimal labour cost. Wow,seeing kind people around makes me feel like living in JB everyday.

Hey Ly396, is yours a corner unit? that Gwee contractor quoted me rm2500 for powder coated today when i did my VP... hmmmm...

Lyc396

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi tutucake

Mine is a intermediate unit with quite a no. of windows. Heard that Gwee contractor has been engaged by alot of 8th Ave owners and my next door neighbour is using them as well. Seems like their service and price should be good as well.

Hey Ly396, is yours a corner unit? that Gwee contractor quoted me rm2500 for powder coated today when i did my VP... hmmmm...

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi tutucake

Mine is a intermediate unit with quite a no. of windows. Heard that Gwee contractor has been engaged by alot of 8th Ave owners and my next door neighbour is using them as well. Seems like their service and price should be good as well.

I see, however i have impression of ppl giving negative comments abt them from another chinese forum... perhaps ur neighbour can justify for them?

Lyc396

Alfrescian
Loyal

U mean negative comments from cari chinese forum? I have yet to see my neighbour who uses Gwee service. If I am not mistaken, the sales person is a uncle. He came to my unit thrice and tried hard to sell to me. However, I turned him away coz I read up other forums as well. I did my homework one lol. Don't play play :smile:

I see, however i have impression of ppl giving negative comments abt them from another chinese forum... perhaps ur neighbour can justify for them?

Lyc396

Alfrescian
Loyal

As promised, I have attached some photo of window grilles and kitchen cabinet of my home.

Side window01.jpgMain door gate01.jpgMain hall window01.jpgKitchen cabinet01.jpg

Lyc396

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just to share my curtain on the 1st picture cost me only S$2. I bought 2 pc of $1.80 ikea rods and accessories at $8. Less than $15 for side living hall window :smile:

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just to share my curtain on the 1st picture cost me only S$2. I bought 2 pc of $1.80 ikea rods and accessories at $8. Less than $15 for side living hall window :smile:

Good choice of curtain too! As Ikea says, u don hv to rich to be smart! :wink:

EastLake

Alfrescian
Loyal

As promised, I have attached some photo of window grilles and kitchen cabinet of my home.

Bro Lyc396, Congrats on new home . Your grille designs are very pleasant n practical. Is it ok to let me know the contact for your grille contractor? thanks in advance.

Lyc396

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks for the compliments. The curtain is actually a tablecloth which I bought it during clearance sales at Giant supermarket Singapore. My 2 other bedrooms are also using S$1 tablecloth as curtain too. As for curtain for main hall, I am using flat bed sheet (think cost $6.90 per pkt) as daylight curtain from ikea and better quality ready made curtain as night curtain from Tesco.

Good choice of curtain too! As Ikea says, u don hv to rich to be smart! :wink:

Lyc396

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yesterday, I went to courts Nusa bestari and bought 350 litre toshiba fridge at rm999 and synthetic sofa. 3+2 at rm1199. Hopefully, their delivery service is smooth. Also bought 6.5kg panasonic washing machine at rm599 at carrefour sutra mall. Now, thinking to get a good and reasonable price robot vacuum. Any recommendation? If not, my back is aching lol. Lao le

Oldtown

Alfrescian
Loyal

hi..i'm new here..going to get my key end of the month....
great sharing over here... thx guy.. :biggrin: